• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Wow it is not as good as the AAA game developed by 30 people for over 4 years, totally unimpressive!

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It looks okay until the lock-on does not work and the "huge tiddy furry" just wildly slashes the sword through thin air.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
if this is the "best thing" dreams has to offer I really don't want to be dipping my toes into dreams.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
There are way way better Dreams than this. I swear these threads hurt Dreams more than help it.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I've always wondered whether people were hyping up Dreams too much.

That question has now been answered.

OP
OP
ItWasMeantToBe19
Oct 26, 2017
It looks okay until the lock-on does not work and the "huge tiddy furry" just wildly slashes the sword through thin air.

There's 20+ different attack animations in this game. 3D game development is impossible and one person managing good hit detection for 20+ attack animations in Dreams is never going to happen.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
indreams.me

Element:Fifth ver2.0 [Action game]

Latest update : added NEW LEVEL!

But why does it have to be that the furries have huge breasts and boob physics...

8357.jpg

Hmmmmm
images

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this brought you lots of great nether-numbing pleasure in fact, even if it isn't true.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This looks awful.

I know for a fact it ain't the best thing in Dreams.

Oct 25, 2017
Is this very good or polished? No

Is it the best thing in Dreams? Yes, because it's fluid and actually originalish compared to recreating Mario 64 on a flat plane.

Straight up I just don't think showing this stuff off and praising it so highly is helping Dreams at all. I honestly thought the OP might have been a joke given the way it was worded and the footage that accompanied it.

Oct 27, 2017
This looks awful. It's becoming increasingly apparent that Dreams in not the best platform for making big tiddy furries.

OP
OP
ItWasMeantToBe19
Oct 26, 2017
I argue this because.

1. This isn't just a mechanics prototype
2. They actually tried to be original instead of cloning a popular game 1:1
3. This isn't a 3D platformer which is easily what Dreams is best suited towards
4. This game has much better understanding of pacing and is much deeper than the Sekiro clone and other action games in Dreams.

OP
OP
ItWasMeantToBe19
Oct 26, 2017
Straight up I just don't think showing this stuff off and praising it so highly is helping Dreams at all. I honestly thought the OP might have been a joke given the way it was worded and the footage that accompanied it.

The idea here was actually praise a creation that tried to be original and tried to have some depth and tried not to be a 3D platformer and tried to have actual interaction between the mechanics and the content. This is easily the most fluid of creations that hit those criteria.

Unlike those incredibly boring "I rendered Fallout 4's armor and put a menu that looks like a Pipboy, look it's like I actually made Fallout 4" creations that get so much hype online.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I mean it's clearly not bad for hobbyist work but it's also definitely stodgy enough that nobody will confuse it for a new Bayonetta.

Dreams is some cool shit but it's probably going to be a very long time before I get into it (I don't even have a PS4)

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
No OP, by telling people this is the best thing in Dreams you're doing more harm than good tbh.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Going in with normal expectations, it looks like shit. I don't know how the creation tools are for dreams but I'm assuming it's difficult to get any sort of good combat so I guess this is okay? Honestly, if this is the best combat that can be done in Dreams then people should focus on less action-heavy genres.

Like this Seinfeld game is the type of thing people should be focusing on in Dreams.

Yeah this Seinfeld game was great

OP
OP
ItWasMeantToBe19
Oct 26, 2017
That's a lot more impressive than what is in the OP imo. Really nice.

I have played both but the issue with the Sekiro clone is:

1. It's much more limited in options than big tiddy furry action game
2. It only has 2-3 enemy types but goes on for a while
3. It has entirely flat level design and is just a sequence of encounters which works poorly with Sekiro's limited combat system where you need to figure out the approach of where you want to go to avoid getting destroyed.

The Sekiro game has like 2-4 attacks from what i remember (I played it like two months ago so I may be wrong) whereas this one has more than 10 and maybe more than 20.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
The idea here was actually praise a creation that tried to be original and tried to have some depth and tried not to be a 3D platformer and tried to have actual interaction between the mechanics and the content. This is easily the most fluid of creations that hit those criteria.

Unlike those incredibly boring "I rendered Fallout 4's armor and put a menu that looks like a Pipboy, look it's like I actually made Fallout 4" creations that get so much hype online.

You would've been better off just posting this in the Dreams OT then where people are more understanding of in-progress work, because posting it to the entire Era community is going to put it in a different light. Most people aren't playing Dreams here, so when you say "look how great this is" people are naturally going to drop bombs on it.

AndyMc1888

Jul 16, 2019
It's very cool that it can be made in dreams but it's turning into more of a disclaimer on anything cool rather than being cool on its own

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Your goal was noble but I think most people coming into the thread have absolutely no baseline for what exists in Dreams as-is. So we come into the thread expecting something impressive and get, uh... Whatever we got in the OP. I'm sure this is great compared to other things that exist in Dreams but as someone that knows nothing about it, this looks like ass compared to some of the indie titles that are character-action oriented.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I am absolutely not ignoring the genuinely good ones, I've played through like 90% of the highly praised non-meme creations and this is easily the most fluid thing in Dreams other than Mario 64 test levels.

Dreams' combat was in an incredibly dire state before this.

People flaming this have no idea how clunky combat in Dreams was before imo.
They also have no idea how hard it is to animate and adjust physics. This looks impressive as base for something bigger.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I have played both but the issue with the Sekiro clone is:

1. It's much more limited in options than big tiddy furry action game
2. It only has 2-3 enemy types but goes on for a while
3. It has entirely flat level design and is just a sequence of encounters which works poorly with Sekiro's limited combat system where you need to figure out the approach of where you want to go to avoid getting destroyed.

The Sekiro game has like 2-4 attacks from what i remember (I played it like two months ago so I may be wrong) whereas this one has more than 10 and maybe more than 20.
Sure, but what's the point in having many options if it looks (and seems) like jank? Polish the basics first.
And without talking about Dreams, there's plenty of games that don't have tons of options like DMC but still have a great combat system.

OP
OP
ItWasMeantToBe19
Oct 26, 2017
Sure, but what's the point in having many options if it looks (and seems) like jank? Polish the basics first.
And without talking about Dreams, there's plenty of games that don't have tons of options like DMC but still have a great combat system.

The issue with sticking to mechanical basics is that you need to have very complicated enemy design and level design (like Sekiro or Genesis Sonic).

It's ridiculously hard to make complex levels or complex enemies in 3D space so basically every creation in Dreams fails at both.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
yeah I'm not following this "Ideas justify Poor Execution" logic.

definitely not a fan of downplaying more far polished combat dreams because they ape more from games either