• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Did you read what you bolded? Yes the games can "technically run" doesnt mean they arent buggy, run at 3fps or cause crashes (which Phil specifically says happens with some of the games he has been trying)
Read the OP thread name. Then go back to what I bolded. Then look at the tweet just quoted.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox Series X will be so powerful that the moment we all turn them on in tandem we will be shot into the multiverse.

PS5's SSD will be so fast that it will load our reality before we can even process it—thus driving us all insane instantly.

It's lose lose. Our only hope is Knack 3.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Is this thread to make PS5 fans feel better or to make Xbox fans angry? I can't tell.

da316kc-78a5aafd-6870-41f8-b83c-2f5374a19a7d.jpg

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some could interpret your first sentence in a way that I'm pretty sure you don't intend.
Matches the spirit of the thread I guess. Still, 98% BC coverage will cover all your gaming needs. Intelligent delivery is a thing because MS have a generous amount of games ready to go most likely.

More importantly, XCloud will be underpinned by BC coverage. They'll be swapping those blades out with Xbox SX hardware.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
This reads as very handily not saying it. As we very well know, that first sentence doesn't mean all games from all gens are promised - many games from old gens didn't make it through despite the nice wording.

I think taking it completely literally, it means the Xbox one library will work in its entirety (just like with the One X), and select 360/OG Xbox games that have already been ported to the Xbox One BC program will work as well. The 360 BC list already covers the vast majority of hit AAA titles from that gen.

I don't think anyone expected more than that.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Read the OP thread name. Then go back to what I bolded. Then look at the tweet just quoted.

I did, if they are confident they will have every game tested and available to play on day 1, ok. But i dont think people will be very understanding when the expectation is 100% on day 1 and they plug in an HDD on launch day to find out that Nier Automata runs at 6fps and Telltale's The Walking Dead crashes shortly after booting or something

Edit: theres the final word, godspeed BC team

alienNnja

Nov 4, 2017
This reads as very handily not saying it. As we very well know, that first sentence doesn't mean all games from all gens are promised - many games from old gens didn't make it through despite the nice wording.
No offense, this OP reads like they're posting this to try to react to the bad ps5 BC news.

Series X plays all xb1 games natively (with the rare exception of a few kinect games). And plays all current BC 360/OG games as well.
👍

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
This thread.

Today is a glorious day and I'm glad I'm home to witness it all. WITNESS IT.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
This is literally from this afternoon and the first time it was posted for me. It's exactly what I was looking for so drop the hot replies next time.

maybe instead of doing several threads here and even bothering a mod to reopen your closed one, you should just have straight up asked someone from xbox if you're so concerned

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think BAD was posting genuinely and not trying to fan console wars. From the quotes he posted he appeared to have a legit point

that said in order to keep the good faith since the Xbox twitter confirmed it will be then I would suggest he requests a mod to lock this thread in order to shut down the bickering going on in here

RoastBeeph

Oct 29, 2017
it will be like 360 bc and will depend on pubs. Some are going to say no so they can sell remasters.
That is literally NOT how it's going to be. XBox One games run natively on XSX at the hardware level. There is no title by title prepping needed. Sounds like it is the opposite with PS5 backwards compatibility. Cerny made it sound like they have to test and tweak each title for compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.