• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tunar

May 6, 2020
I really hope they port over games like murumasa to something like switch or pc. I really want to play that again and finally out my vita to rest.
Hopefully all vanillaware games on pc and other platforms as well, their games are awesome.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
More choice for gamers is always great, but ATLUS is like Square-Enix with their decision-making: Unpredictable.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If that was the case the games would also be on Switch / Xbox One

It's not impossible we see it on Xbox eventually. I mean if you had told someone at the start of last-gen that a Yakuza game was gonna be timed-exclusive to Xbox and PC at the start of this new generation they would have laughed you out of the room.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Money talks. Doesn't matter if Atlus is "Sony 4 life" or whatever people want to claim. If P4G PC keeps selling like hotcakes daddy Sega will make it happen. If Atlus won't do it than Sega will find someone to port it. This has been pretty much the same story for almost every Japanese series on the PC.

civet

Jul 6, 2019
France
It doesn't make much sense for third party studios to keep doing exclusives. I guess Atlus manages its exclusivities with Sony and Nintendo's executives late at night after a few bottles of sake down in some obscur bars.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ports of old games years later? Sure, someday.

The new games like Persona 5 or the new Shin megami Tensei game? I don't think so.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
I think more Atlus games will come to PC but I doubt P6 will be coming to PC or other consoles same day as on consoles unless Microsoft or Nintendo make a deal with Sega.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
FWIW Persona 5 Scramble will 100% release on Steam day and date with PS4/Switch

OP
OP
Iva Demilcol

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
Much like Yakuza did, I hope it eventually leads to the games ending up on pretty much everything.

To put it politely, Atlus have not been great when it comes to LGBT+ in their games.
I love P4, but the way Kanji and Naoto are handled is astoundingly awful in a lot of instances.

I'm well aware of this. I've written a couple of posts in that thread myself.

Hashino is a toxic person that fortunately isn't working on more Persona games anymore (Still working at Atlus tho).

this thread isn't exclusively about Persona games, but it's also about Atlus and personally I'm excited about the chance to play DDS without having to use my PS3 or an emulator.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Atlus isn't bringing their games to other platforms.

Say what you want, but Atlus did bring P4G to PC. Plus they also brought Catherine to switch and that was in-house.

It's not as impossible as some make it out to be. I understand having pessimism when it comes to Atlus. However, it has been changing even if it's been gradual.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't knew Persona 4 Golden wasn't an Atlus game. And if you mean "in-house", it's not needed.
The game is nearly at 20k CCU. It might reach 25k, if not 30k CCU.

Say what you want, but Atlus did bring P4G to PC. Plus they also brought Catherine to switch and that was in-house.

It's not as impossible as some make it out to be. I understand having pessimism when it comes to Atlus. However, it has been changing even if it's been gradual.

If Altus actually cared about PCthey wouldn't just be throwing decade old games on there while the newer stuff stays exclusive and that's not even getting into the fact that this is another exclusive release in the first place. If you're lucky FES may come, but that's probably it.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
If Altus actually cared about PCthey wouldn't just be throwing decade old games on there while the newer stuff stays exclusive and that's not even getting into the fact that this is another exclusive release in the first place. If you're lucky FES may come, but that's probably it.

No one said "they're suddenly on board". But let's be honest and drop the bad faith arguing here.
Last year, people said "Eh, it's just Catherine, never a mainline Persona title is coming".
I agree, it's Persona 4 Golden. It's a 8 years old title. And you're right: It's ATLUS.
Aka the company that didn't release a mainline title outside a Sony console in TWO DECADES.
In fact, P4G isn't even on PS4.

So far, nothing indicate this is a SEGA Europe initiative btw, considering how silent they've been.

And even if Atlus doesn't do it themselves: Let me remind you of Yakuza. RGG Studio didn't care. Heck, they don't even port games themselves.
Guess what ? Yakuza 0 released on Steam. It sold well. It released on Xbox too after that. And the next mainline Yakuza 7 is releasing on every platforms.
Right now, Persona 4 Golden has more than two times the highest peak CCU of Yakuza 0.
Even if Atlus don't do it themselves, after such a success, it's highly possible SEGA doesn't wait for them or push for it.

OP
OP
Iva Demilcol

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
User Banned (1 Week) - History of trolling & Mod Whining
To the people who felt somewhat insulted by the thread title let me tell you that this is a jab at the mod who banned me for three days for joking about P5R on switch and at the people who get mad at me every time I write that. 🤣

I'd also like to formally request an apology from said mod. You don't have to do it publicly, I accept an apology through PM that's how classy I am.

And my wish is that all PS2 era Atlus games are made available on Steam in the near future.

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
Look, if all that comes of this is that we get more PS3/3DS/Vita-era Atlus games on PC I'd be happy. And that is almost certainly going to happen considering how well P4G is selling on steam rn.

Rods

May 1, 2020
Sega loves money, they will port more atlus games. I expect more news this year to be honest.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
No one said "they're suddenly on board". But let's be honest and drop the bad faith arguing here.
Last year, people said "Eh, it's just Catherine, never a mainline Persona title is coming".
I agree, it's Persona 4 Golden. It's a 8 years old title. And you're right: It's ATLUS.
Aka the company that didn't release a mainline title outside a Sony console in TWO DECADES.

So far, nothing indicate this is a SEGA Europe initiative btw, considering how silent they've been.

And even if Atlus doesn't do it themselves: Let me remind you of Yakuza. RGG Studio didn't care. Heck, they don't even port games themselves.
Guess what ? Yakuza 0 released on Steam. It sold well. It released on Xbox too after that. And the next mainline Yakuza 7 is releasing on every platforms.
Right now, Persona 4 Golden has more than two times the highest peak CCU of Yakuza 0.
Even if Atlus don't do it themselves, after such a success, it's highly possible SEGA doesn't wait for them or push for it.
I don't see it happening, but we'll see. You're free to have hope.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I really doubt they will port Etrian Odyssey or Shin Megami Tensei.

Nothing would make me happier though (ok Trauma Center would, but that's tricky)

marcbret87

Apr 20, 2018

It does seem like SEGA Europe might be involved from what's said here, even if it's not just them:

In any case, totally agree with your post, I don't get people downplaying the importance of this game getting a PC port. Catherine was multiplatform release, it had an Xbox 360 port initially, but Persona mainline games were basically PlayStation exclusives, and P4G was a game many wanted ported to modern platforms. Of course that doesn't mean P5R is about to come to PC, but if this does well, and it seems is doing very well, why wouldn't they port other games?

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Atlus seem unable to even port there games to modern consoles, just look persona franchise as a whole.

P1 - Only available on PS1 and PSP
P2 IS and EP: Only Available on PS1 and PSP
P3: Versions are either locked to PS2, PS3, or PSP but no definitive version. No PS4, Switch, Xbox, or PC version.
P4/Golden: Came to PS2 2 years after PS3 release, Only available on PS2, VITA, PS3, and now PC. No Console release
P5: Only on PS3 and PS4, Royale only on PS4. No other versions.

P5 Scramble no Western release, Joker in Smash despite P5 not actually being yet on switch, P Q2 only on 3DS ???

The platform choices for each game and lack of modern updates is bizarre. At least with PC releases hopefully for all games we can have them permanently on one platform, but overall it's just terrible these great games being locked to older consoles or handhelds.

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're porting Catherine Full Body to Switch right now
fullbody.jp

キャサリン・フルボディ for Nintedo Switch - 公式サイト

一夜の浮気が修羅場を招く…あなたはどのキャサリンとの未来を選択する?大人のアクションパズル・アドベンチャー『キャサリン・フルボディ for Nintendo Switch』好評発売中!

I know, which is why I'm more optimistic about the Switch side.
Talking only about PC here.

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I know, which is why I'm more optimistic about the Switch side.
Talking only about PC here.

Yeah, PC will be a while, though the topic itself is multiplatform so even having Atlus JP do PS4/Switch in future is noteworthy and might open the way up for other multiplatform releases including PC (maybe)

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Persona 4 not releasing on other platform today is by far the biggest BS I have seen.

Good for PC gamers but really sucks for ps4 users who were looking forward in playing this

Imagine how other platform users felt before this.......

Anyways I imagine they will port it to other platforms as well in due time. The success of P4G on PC can be a good thing for everyone as it give Atlus more of a reason to go multiplatform.