• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
On behalf of Plumpbiscuit

Everyone has them, big or small. No more hiding those blasphemous acts or thoughts. Let's air out our gaming sins and get some much needed therapy!

• I have never finished a single Pokémon game
  • My K/D ratio in call of duty has never been higher than 0
  • I find 2D Mario's boring
  • I can't get past world 1-3 on Super Mario Bros
  • I call controllers joysticks
  • I've dropped most of my hand helps more than 5 times. Switch included
  • I will play badly so my friends will want to play with me and win
  • I will button mash with Eddy or Christie to win
  • I have never played a Crash Bandicoot game
  • I couldn't git gud with Bloodborne
  • I screen cheat
This thread is very similar to this one:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/your-controversial-gaming-opinions.938/
They have the potential to be different enough if you focus on things like "I never beat ___", but if this thread ends up being more about "I don't like <popular game>", they will be redundant. Keep that in mind when posting, and have fun. ;)

Last edited:

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Besides playing the beginning of OoT as a kid, I've never properly played a Zelda game in my life.

Or a Pokémon game for that matter, besides playing Pokémon Stadium's multiplayer with friends one time. Well, and Pokémon Go for like 5 minutes.

Last edited:

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I think that Bethesda produced games, be it Fallout or Elder Scrolls, are all horrible and should be removed from hypertime.

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
I play most games on easy.
I tried various acclaimed indie metroidvanias, and I think the genre is not for me. Still willing to try more things, though...
Never played a Final Fantasy game.
Never played a Zelda game.
Never played a Souls game and actually think I wouldn't enjoy it.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Everything about World of Warcraft bores me to tears. The story is not interesting, the art style of the in-game characters is ugly, and the overall world doesn't feel welcoming.

OP
OP
eKongDiddy

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
This thread is very similar to this one:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/your-controversial-gaming-opinions.938/
They have the potential to be different enough if you focus on things like "I never beat ___", but if this thread ends up being more about "I don't like <popular game>", they will be redundant. Keep that in mind when posting, and have fun. ;)

Gotcha! Shall quote it in the OP

Another:

Me and my friend spent the entire summer playing Cooking Mama on her Wii once.

Last edited:

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
When this released, I won a copy online. Which I played... extensively.

ps1_spice_world_p_gwtde1.jpg

This is made worse by the fact that I won it by ranking first in a Spice Girls quizz.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get a ps2 until my father bought me one from a garage sale last year and it's somewhere in the house collecting dust.

Tidalwaves

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I think Mario Sunshine is significantly more fun than Mario 64.
I was around for the launch of both games.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I liked A Bug's Life in PS1.

Is this really a controversial opinion? I was recently thinking of getting that game for my N64 again. Is it similar to Toy Story 2? I remember playing it briefly as a kid and thinking it was very similar to Toy Story 2's gameplay, but even though I loved Toy Story 2, A Bug's Life didn't really hook me for some reason and we just gave it back to the store.

Last edited:

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Keira in Jak and Daxter was attractive. Jokes aside, I sometimes skip through dialogue in games more often than I used to. So many games when the dialogue bores me silly.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
I can't play soulsbourne games because of the lack of music.
I can't beat sidescrollers without savestates.
I didn't trade pokemon until the DS because i never had a gameboy with a working link port.
I play pc games on medium even when i can go higher.
I don't play with vibration on.
I think games look ugly without any UI.
I've bought games used, beaten them and returned them within the return period to save money.
I used to use my ps3 as a heater in the winter.
Cutscenes are a good reason to look at my phone or do other things.
I love Ys but i've never beaten Ys Oath because i get bored playing it.

Last edited:

Dunban

Oct 28, 2017
I died a grand total of 104 times in my first playthrough of Dark Souls 2 (although to be fair, a large portion of those came from me obstinately and repeatedly trying to jump for an item when you were supposed to drop down from another spot entirely)

I actually liked Snow Villiers

I introduced a friend to Smash Brothers Brawl when we were both children as he became better and started beating me, I told him that I wasn't quite playing at my full capacity... but that was a lie! (gasp)

That same friend and I cloned my Colosseum Ho-oh dozens of times, transferred said clones to D/P, and traded them for all kinds of (almost certainly hacked) rare Pokemon.

I couldn't beat the Rex fight in the first MGS

Deleted member 17435

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
- I always play on easy
- I love cheats and exploits and I use them whenever i can
- I like bugs
- I skip every cutscene or dialogue

The fascination for exploits and bugs came from one of my research interests: i studied counterplay communities and the use of bugs that players make for productive gaming.

Widdowmaker

Oct 31, 2017
Great Britain
I don't like the Souls games or Bloodborne.

I don't like The Last of Us.

I think Naughty Dog is overrated as a story telling developer.

I haven't played a game online extensively in over a decade.

I'm not really a fan of the PlayStation 2.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ornstein and Smough in Dark Souls made me crazy after hundreds (!) of hours and finally defeated them with trainer. :|
Months later, completed game without trainer though!

Oct 25, 2017
I've never beaten the first Super Mario Bros.

I've skipped out on many highly regarded horror games because I'm a big sissy. I dropped Resident Evil 4 after getting my head sawed off once. :(

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I cheated on FF3 and used cheat codes to defeat cloud of darkness. In my defense I activated save states and didn't realize I could trap myself in the final dungeon with no way out. I would've grind it out I swear!

It's the game who is wrong! Who puts two large dungeons side to side with no way of saving!?

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I strongly dislike co-op games because I'm awful at them and always manage to ruin the fun for the other player.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I must have started Metroid Prime like 10 times and never continued pass the first stage.
In fact I bought the game twice on GC and the trilogy twice on both Wii and Wii U.
To be honest the only Metroid games I ever finished was Other M and umm... Federation Force...

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
- The most fun I had with a Tales game was in Tales of Graces f
- I won't play "playable" pc ports
- I pretend I'm a support main when I suck at everything else :/

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I bitch about microtransactions but I purchase microtransactions.

I have and voice strong opinions about games I haven't beaten.

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
- I don't enjoy Mario games. and haven't finished a single one. Trying to get into Odyssey though due to all the great reviews.
- I play all games on easy, but love the challenge of Soulsborne games.
- I don't like the new Doom and can't understand all the praise it gets.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I don't like the Souls games or Bloodborne.

I don't like The Last of Us.

I think Naughty Dog is overrated as a story telling developer.

I haven't played a game online extensively in over a decade.

I'm not really a fan of the PlayStation 2.
I think you meant to post in the "Controversial Opinion Thread"

On Topic: I used to screenwatch playing Goldeneye

I used to only play GTA with cheats

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
First, bought too many games than I could finish, just because...sales.
Now, because of guilt, just running past them asap on easy mode to tick them out of backlog.

Freddo

Oct 27, 2017
Småland, Sweden
I bought a GameCube pretty late, by that time Metroid Prime 1&2 were both out and since I was a big fan of Metroid 1-3 I got them both right away. So I played Metroid Prime and loved it, met Meta-Ridley and died. And died. And died. And died. And I think I died about 5 times, figured I move on to the next game and go back to Metroid Prime and beat the boss later. Now it's about 12 years later, and I have yet to do so and finish Metroid Prime. Which annoys me, so I should really do that some time.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I wanted a modded PS1 because I thought I could just burn all the games and play them. Just thinking to play any game I want to play whenever I want was a dream as a kid. But my parents didn't let me have another console besides the N64. Thank god. I was like 11 or 12 years old.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I feel so so bad about this. forgive me guys.

I've never beaten any Zelda game since Ocarina of time. I also have never played Link to the past (I am working on getting a physical copy of this though, its expensive, however)
I haven't played any Mario game since M64 (I have played NSMB on DS though)