• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Says in the article he makes calls to heads of states or holds somewhat secretive meetings during executive time.

Not saying Obamas was similar, I just want to see comparisons in which there was none from what i saw.

The only meeting Trump is having during his executive time is with a bucket of KFC.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Do you think we shouldn't be able to call people dicks too?

Why is it so hard for people to give up gendered slurs? "oh noes! I can't use one slur! Whatever shall I do? It's not like the english language has many, many slurs I could be using instead, I have to use this one, and only this one forever, till the end of time! Why is Sandstar being such a meanie, and asking me to use a different slur?!"

args

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Transphobic meme and numerous accumulated infractions.
did you just assume the president's genitalia

Intraxidance

Oct 25, 2017
Just because he is efficient with his time doesn't make him lazy. He's accomplished more in two years than Obama did in eight years while spending most of his time on the golf course or hate watching CNN. That is a testament to how strong of a leader he is.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Does Trump still repeal every little thing Obama ever put into place? That was the one place where he seemed really active, but I don't hear about it as often anymore.

OP
OP
PintSizedSlasher

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Why is it so hard for people to give up gendered slurs? "oh noes! I can't use one slur! Whatever shall I do? It's not like the english language has many, many slurs I could be using instead, I have to use this one, and only this one forever, till the end of time! Why is Sandstar being such a meanie, and asking me to use a different slur?!"

Next time I'll use "orange mushroomdicked tub of lard" m'kay?
But in the meantime let's here your thoughts on Easy D's executive time.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Executive Time his definition of Naptime?
Nah. It's his Twitter time.
Uggghhhh. Americans (i'm assuming you are) really need to pull your collective heads out of your arses, when it comes to this word. Whenever somebody uses it, you act like they committed a fucking war crime.

Is it a harsh word ? Yes. But Christ, get your priorities in order.

Also. Some of us who use it aren't from the U.S. And it doesn't have the same taboo as it does there. So please stop trying to impose your cultural norms on the rest of us.

Sorry if i went a bit too harsh on you. It's just i'm so fucking sick of this. Every time it's used on this forum, regardless of who it's directed at. People complain.

Again, sorry. I truly am.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Nah. It's his Twitter time.

Uggghhhh. Americans (i'm assuming you are) really need to pull your collective heads out of your arses, when it comes to this word. Whenever somebody uses it, you act like they committed a fucking war crime.

Is it a harsh word ? Yes. But Christ, get your priorities in order.

Also. Some of us who use it aren't from the U.S. And it doesn't have the same taboo as it does there. So please stop trying to impose your cultural norms on the rest of us.

Sorry if i went a bit too harsh on you. It's just i'm so fucking sick of this. Every time it's used on this forum, regardless of who it's directed at. People complain.

Again, sorry. I truly am.

Someday, maybe I'll understand why asking people not to use gendered slurs is such an imposition. Not today, tho.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017

Whatever you do, don't link that poster to the football thread. Might have a heart attack or something.

For most English speaking countries outside of North America, cunt is just another swear word, used regardless of gender, a lot of the time it's a term of endearment.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Lazy cunt. I thought this was known, maybe not the exact breakdown but I remember reading that the majority of his days are executive playtime.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
What is the definition of executive time? I mean sure it can be his time to himself or it could be really anything

"Executive time" is the euphemism his staff use to describe the large amounts of time Trump spends every day watching tv and tweeting.

This is well known from multiple insider reports.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know why you use it. I don't understand why it's a big deal for me to ask you not to.
It's a big deal to me. Because i'm not American, and you're trying to force your cultural view of that word onto me.

As chalkitdown said.
"For most English speaking countries outside of North America, cunt is just another swear word, used regardless of gender, a lot of the time it's a term of endearment."

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
It's a big deal to me. Because i'm not American, and you're trying to force your cultural view of that word onto me.

As chalkitdown said.
"For most English speaking countries outside of North America, cunt is just another swear word, used regardless of gender, a lot of the time it's a term of endearment."

I'm sorry asking you to not use one slur is such an imposition on you.

Oct 25, 2017
"Executive time" is the euphemism his staff use to describe the large amounts of time Trump spends every day watching tv and tweeting.

This is well known from multiple insider reports.

Not to defend him, but my understanding was that it also included him screaming at people in person and on the phone and not just TV 'n twitter.

Below quote is from the axios article.

• Former chief of staff John Kelly introduced the concept of Executive Time because the president hated being locked into a regular schedule.
  • "He's always calling people, talking to people," a senior White House official told us. "He's always up to something; it's just not what you would consider typical structure."
I figure it's also the best opportunity for them to get him railed up on adderall before the next meeting or "policy time".

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Hard to believe someone being paid $200K a year from the age of 3, and inheriting $420M, might be lazy.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
Not to defend him, but my understanding was that it also included him screaming at people in person and on the phone and not just TV 'n twitter.

Below quote is from the axios article.

I figure it's also the best opportunity for them to get him railed up on adderall before the next meeting or "policy time".

https://www.axios.com/scoop-trumps-secret-shrinking-schedule

"President Trump is starting his official day much later than he did in the early days of his presidency, often around 11am, and holding far fewer meetings, according to copies of his private schedule shown to Axios. This is largely to meet Trump's demands for more "Executive Time," which almost always means TV and Twitter time alone in the residence, officials tell us."

The new spin is that executive time also includes phone calls. Like you implied, it's doubtful if any of the executive time is anything useful.

Which means the president of the united states spends 60% of his time avoiding doing real work.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how "active" he really is during those meetings and travel anyway?

Surely he's on his phone or just staring off during some parts of those meetings.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I wonder how "active" he really is during those meetings and travel anyway?

Surely he's on his phone or just staring off during some parts of those meetings.
"Sims recounts one time when (Paul) Ryan was in the Oval Office explaining the ins and outs of the Republican health-care bill to the president. As Ryan droned on for 15 minutes, Trump sipped on a glass of Diet Coke, peered out at the Rose Garden, stared aimlessly at the walls and, finally, walked out.

"Ryan kept talking as the president wandered down the hall to his private dining room, where he flicked on his giant flat-screen TV. Apparently, he had had enough of Ryan's talk. It fell to Vice President Pence to retrieve Trump and convince him to return to the Oval Office so they could continue their strategy session."

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
As i'm trying to explain to you. It's not a slur here.

As an American who would never consider that word an option when speaking to another American, I also would never try to enforce our feelings of it on countries where it's used commonly.

I can understand why someone would be upset at that word's use, but I also respect that it's not the same context elsewhere.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As an American who would never consider that word an option when speaking to another American, I also would never try to enforce our feelings of it on countries where it's used commonly.

I can understand why someone would be upset at that word's use, but I also respect that it's not the same context elsewhere.
Thank you for understanding.

That's all i was trying to say.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Jul 3, 2018
Seemed a bit contrived.

Though only 20 mins for events? How long was he there to give that baseball team their fast food victory meal?

Status
Not open for further replies.