• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which of these consoles have you owned in your lifetime? Select all that apply.

• Xbox (the original)

Votes: 303 46.5%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 466 71.5%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 326 50.0%
  • PS2

Votes: 534 81.9%
  • PS3

Votes: 545 83.6%
  • PS4

Votes: 575 88.2%
  • None of the above

Votes: 9 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IBetUHav

Oct 27, 2017
Since it's console war season I wanted to do a ResetEra census going back to when Xbox first launched. Sorry no Nintendo options, the poll doesn't allow more than 7 options.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
PS2, Original Xbox, Xbox 360, and PS4. But I mostly game on PC these days, sometimes Switch.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be more interested to know how many on ResetERA owned a (non-mini, non-repro) SNES or NES

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
All of them. I'm the loser who buys everything. Will be buying a Series X and a PS5 at launch.

I'm missing a Neogeo and a 3DO but, other than that...

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't encourage console war. You could have framed your thread differently.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
All of them but I actually bought the original Xbox after the Xbox 360. I was too poor during its launch to afford more than one console so I went with the PS2. That's probably why the original Xbox is my least favorite among them. I absolutely adore all other PS and Xbox consoles.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
All of the above.

No Nintendo options? GameCube is probably my favorite console ever, but I ditched Nintendo after the Wii. I wish they'd join the graphics arms-race again.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Only the PS4. The only other console I ever had was the Wii. My childhood was pure PC, PC and PC.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
All of them, and I definitely have a preferred platform each generation, but it isn't really tied to any one company. I tend to not buy things at launch as well, and wait for price drops and deals.
All of them. I'm the loser who buys everything. Will be buying a Series X and a PS5 at launch.

I'm missing a Neogeo and a 3DO but, other than that...
I had an FZ-10 3DO that I picked up well after its lifecycle. Great version of Road Rash, and some other cool oddities and curiosities. I'd love a NeoGeo. I'm well past my retro collecting days though.

May 27, 2018
Original Xbox -> Xbox 360 and PS3 -> Xbox One and PS4

Bought a PS2 about three years ago though, for collection purposes.

Minions

Oct 25, 2017
I own all the consoles each gen. Not sure if/when I will buy an Xbox next gen as all the games are now on PC, so that is TBD.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
All of them. PS2 gen is when I finally went multiplatform (I was Nintendo only up to that point). I've owned every console ever since. I'll probably scale back this upcoming gen though.

Mike Armbrust

Oct 25, 2017
All except xbox one. It has been odd skipping a console for the first time. With BC I decided to wait for series x instead of buying a cheap one s.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
ps2, then 360. I bought a ps3 never played it, then gifted it to my brother a couple years later.

Then I returned to Sony with the ps4.

Will definitely be getting a ps5. Want an xbox just for gamepass but other than getting indies day 1 on it the first party stuff doesn't excite me at all.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One of the few that hasn't even owned either - my dad had an OG Xbox, and my cousin (who briefly lived with us when I was in middle school) had a PS2. But I've always been a PC and Nintendo console person and never really had a strong desire to branch out - even less so as console exclusives have been bleeding over to PC in the past few years.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Please don't encourage console war
McCsHRR.jpg

it's not like it can get even worse, forum is already unbearable as is

Status
Not open for further replies.