• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Finally got into PC gaming and the timing couldn't be more perfect with the Steam Christmas Sale. Bought more than 100+ games in 3 days.

I LOVE how you can customize your game cover on Steam, Dead Space 1 & 2 came with ones that doesn't fit (like Cry of Fear over there) and I'm able to find high rez cover arts online to replace them. Otherwise it would've drive me crazy.
Super satisfied with how F.E.A.R. and Black Mesa turned out, way better than the vanilla cover art. They look simple but it did took me a lot of time to make the most perfect edits.
(Still can't find a decent cover art for Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate, I give up :P)

iujsHng.png

BEST CHRISTMAS EVER

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
Steam Controller (that I actually bought during the sale, but my wife took away from me because "no toys before christmas", apparently)

DQ11 for PS4

Mesh WiFi system so I can take my Switch up to the loft room or out to the summer house.

Should likely be getting a game from my mum when I see her. She basically uses my Amazon wishlist as a present guide and it only has games and power tools on it. Either way it will be a result.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
I got 42 games! Biggest christmas ever!!

...okay that comes with an asterisk cause all those games are in one cute lil device, the Sega Genesis Mini! Now I gotta get myself one of them 6 button controllers for it cause the 3 button ones are sooooooo baaaaaaaad!

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The only game I got was a PS4 copy of Borderlands 3, I might end up getting some PSN credit when I visit my mum tomorrow and if I do I'll get Ace Combat 7 out of it.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm very happy with what I got from my girlfriend.

- Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 for PS4, both are the very nice limited editions.
- The Surge 2 for PS4
- And Daemon X Machina, very awesome Orbital Edition :)

Super hyped to play all of them!

Deleted member 59

Used gift vouchers to buy Laytons Mystery Journey on Switch. Got £30 Amazon vouchers which I'll use most likely against FF7R in March.

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
Got the following:
(Xbox One, Physical)
- Duke Nukem 3D World Tour
- Borderlands 3
- Overcooked
- Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible lair

A set of two joycons (blue + red, but perhaps I'll trade them for a set of Green + purple because I already own the red + blue one)

A Joycon battery charger and holder.

A Tails Cable Guy.

Not bad at all 😀

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Gaming wise, I recieved Rabbids Go Home(Wii), Yakuza 6 Special Edition with Art Book(PS4), Fitness Boxing(Switch), and a Dual Shock-ish controller ornament that looks like it came from World Market.

Overall I'm pretty satisfied! Maybe I might personally gift myself something tomorrow. Happy Holidays!

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
Gaming related, got a 1/6th scale Replicade Street Fighter II to go along with my Centipede and Tempest. Next year Dragon's Lair will be delivered, the beginnings of a nice little arcade.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got lots of chocolate and cheese gaming snacks. Didn't really need anything gaming-related, that was all from Black Friday. I did get an Amazon gift card that might be used for RE3 Remake.

Last edited:

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
An Artorias The Abysswalker figure and a Retrogame 300 handheld (which is going to become my tetris machine for the foreseeable future).

LionelHutz

Mar 3, 2018
I got the Lego batmobile 1989. It's massive!

In terms of gaming stuff I got a switch voucher. Wondering whether to get the Witcher or dragon quest. I completed Witcher on PS4, but portable is tempting...

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got into PC gaming and the timing couldn't be more perfect with the Steam Christmas Sale. Bought more than 100+ games in 3 days.

I LOVE how you can customize your game cover on Steam, Dead Space 1 & 2 came with ones that doesn't fit (like Cry of Fear over there) and I'm able to find high rez cover arts online to replace them. Otherwise it would've drive me crazy.
Super satisfied with how F.E.A.R. and Black Mesa turned out, way better than the vanilla cover art. They look simple but it did took me a lot of time to make the most perfect edits.
(Still can't find a decent cover art for Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate, I give up :P)

iujsHng.png

BEST CHRISTMAS EVER
Ha that is a cool feature. I don't pc game so wasn't aware you could do that.

Condemed, Dead Space and Detention are all fantastic horror games BTW if you haven't played them yet!

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I got Three Houses.

After I already owned, hated, and traded it.

More importantly, I got a bunch of games on my backlog that I wanted like Luigi's Mansion 3 and Monster Hunter World Iceborne.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Ringfit Adventure for a lot cheaper via BST here
Crash Team Racing
Killer Queen Black
A Short Hike
King of Dragon Pass
Heaven Will Be Mine
Halo Master Chief Collection
And this beauty:
TGYU3hV_d.jpg

All gifts to myself as I don't burden loved ones with the specificity of my gaming whims.

Additionally I found a cheap AVR at a thrift store and a couple speakers for a Hella budget surround sound setup. Not sure it's fully calibrated, but it's been great for various games.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I got nothing.

That's why I bought an Xbox One X for myself on black friday and game pass.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
sorry about the crummy quality and lighting but:

vlqxEkw.jpg

the cpu is an AMD Ryzen 7 3800X

not pictured: a cool Zelda shirt, a Totoro shirt and some christmas simpsons PJ's along with cash.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
Mario Maker 2 and a 512 GB SD card for my Switch (replacing 128 GB card)

I also treated myself to some games that are on sale:

Into the Breach
Ultimate Chicken Horse
Hotline Miami Collection
The Messenger
Hitman 2 Expansion Pass

Edit Also bought another Pro Controller since they were on sale.

Last edited:

Kongo B

Sep 8, 2019
Europe
Hauled no noteworthy presents, but I got a Switch for a dear friend that would've bought one at least 1 year ago but couldn't due to financial restrictions and having to take care of his son first. Excited to give it to him.

Oct 28, 2017
Another big Christmas in my house.
I'm combining everything me and my fiancé got, including the stuff I got her.

Keurig coffee maker w/ k-cups and carousel
Book "Lies" by T.M. Logan
Air pods w/ wireless charging case
Belkin charging pad
New purple DualShock 4
New Coat
Sleep pants and socks.
$300 Visa gift cards

Switch:
Luigi's mansion 3

PS4:
death stranding
modern warfare 2019
judgement
yakuza 6
yakuza kiwami 2
left alive
call of Cthulhu
my hero ones justice
man of Medan
jump force
jedi fallen order
days gone
assassin's creed 3 remastered
devil May cry 5
team sonic racing

Anime:
Attack on titan season 2
hunterXhunter Blu-ray set 1
One piece episode of skypiea
All three seasons of My hero academia blu ray sets.

Movies:

Bumblebee 4K
Spiderman far from home 4K
auqaman
the intruder
the meg
crawl
endgame
guardians of the galaxy 2
harry Potter 8 film collection blu ray.

key

Nov 7, 2017
I got a Switch Lite and case, Ring Fit Adventure (I also have a regular Switch), MUA3 (already own this one, so I'll probably trade it, and I bought Pokémon Shield myself.

Gulduur

Oct 28, 2017
OMG I got a Switch from my GF and parents! Can't believe it, so happy! Happy for all of you too! :)

Apr 3, 2018
Brother got my Star Wars Fallen Order and Sekiro for Xbox.

Folks also got a few records. Will be opening gifts from my gf later tonight.

Happy Holidays, Era.