• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Putting the bins out this morning and one of the neighbors informed me that they're letting off some fireworks tonight as they're having a 'Brexit party' which they subsequently invited me to. I politely declined before heading back in the house and face palming. I'd rather shave my eyeballs.
So you got the feeling this was a positive party?
Because I'd totally be down for a Brexit party.
Fireworks and drinking and laughing and crying and drinking and crying and drinking...

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
That led to a group being formed called Brexit More In Common, led by retired train driver Andy Izard.

He said: "We wanted to get the Lithuanians and the Kurds and the Latvians together to show them that they can have a place in this town. Immigration is not a bad thing, it just needs the government to recognise that we need money for dentist, doctors and schools.
It takes literally 2 minutes of research to discover that immigrants to this country actually contribute more financially than people born here!

Bazza

Oct 27, 2017
If I wrote what I really felt about those who voted us out I'd probably pick up a ban, so a simple fuck all those cunts will have to do. I will be picking up some booze on the way home from work today so I can drink myself into oblivion this evening. Fuck this country.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
So you got the feeling this was a positive party?
Because I'd totally be down for a Brexit party.
Fireworks and drinking and laughing and crying and drinking and crying and drinking...

Yeah, i'll probs have a drink myself, but i don't think it's that kind of party. They have an England Flag hanging from one of their bedroom windows and Trampoline in their front garden. (not that these are indicators of Brexiteers, but you kinda get the gist)

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
What a shame it is to be stripped of all my rights as an EU citizen because a bunch of primarily boomer, primarily bigoted, people don't like hearing foreign accents and believe the hate and bile peddled by the daily mail etc.

Nothing but sympathy for the people in precarious positions because of this, or the families at risk of being torn apart. Nothing but distain for the people behind the curtain driving a wedge between people for their own personal gain.

Now we have our own independence day. Unlike almost every other country that celebrates freedom from Britain, we can celebrate freedom from rationality and pragmatism.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
No sympathy whatsoever to the UK government for whatever happens after this.

I hope the EU sticks to their guns and shows the UK who's boss.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Maybe it ends up being a good thing when we come out of the other side of it (of the mess that is sure to come). That doesn't say much to the short term, I'm just thinking (hoping) bigger picture.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
As always, majestic stuff from Led by Donkeys.

The Brexit crew deliberately look at it from the wrong end, the EU is a result of the desire to cooperate and avoid conflict, they try to make daft arguments about the EU not being responsible. Of course it isn't, it's about states not acting like we are and turning shit upside down.

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
What must feel horrible for UK people is the uncertainty in what's going to happen in the coming year. I don't believe for a second EU countries will give the UK any benefit in negotiations.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what these bozos will do. Seems like Torys are hell bent on following US (well, thats been the case since Thatcher).

I guess corporates will get huge tax cuts in order to attract new investments and jobs. Dailymail has been going on and on about knife attacks in london so it would seem UK needs private prison industry as well and that will be accompanied by harsher prison sentences. And envoirmental protection will stop so UK can cut EU prices in manufacturing.

I hope Scotland at least would try to vote for their freedom once again. So all wouldn't be lost.

look at how well off our country is doing these days :/, its baffling that anyone would want to
Be like that

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Brit here...it is an incredibly depressing day overall.

I actually have a Politics degree but the entire Brexit fiasco has, more than anything, made me incredibly disengaged and apathetic, there doesn't feel like anything left worth fighting for with the direction we are heading. As a country I honestly think we have coming to us whatever bad / damage occurs, all I can do is ensure me and my family are in the best position we can be to keep our head's above the water.

The amount of Union flags I have seen hanging out of windows on the way to work hasn't exactly improved my mood.

Dogstar

Oct 29, 2017
As always, majestic stuff from Led by Donkeys.

That made me well up...... What a terrible day. Hate fucking won... small minded little men and women won. I want these people to suffer for what they have done, but, that means we all suffer too.

My wife is half Dutch and half German, and therefore my sons carry that heritage; they will always be European by birthright. As far as I'm concerned I am still European too.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
The whole thing has been really exhausting. Even though I opposed it and still do, I'm relieved that it's finally coming to an end.
I see what you mean but the real negotiations are only starting.
The EU will now flex its muscles when negotiating a FTA.

Last edited:

Awesome Wells

Dec 3, 2017
You can bet your fucking bottom penny that tomorrow a bunch of Leavers will be saying 'seeee it's fine! The world didn't end!', just as the even thicker ones said after the referendum itself.

Some of them don't even feel the need to wait until tomorrow...

Whilst this is a day of great sadness, it's always good to find some small solace of amusement:

Brexit Party continues to disappoint...no booze, no fireworks and no comedians (not counting Nige)

theaface

Oct 25, 2017

"Instead Brexiteers will be treated to speeches from Wetherspoons boss Tim Martin, radio host Julia Hartley-Brewer, Apprentice winner Michelle Dewberry and Brexit Party MEP Ann Widdecombe."

tenor.gif

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
From what i can tell, nothing much will change after 11pm this evening. We won't be an official EU member, but the EU can instill laws on us and we have naff all say on the matter.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Some of them don't even feel the need to wait until tomorrow...

Whilst this is a day of great sadness, it's always good to find some small solace of amusement:

Brexit Party continues to disappoint...no booze, no fireworks and no comedians (not counting Nige)

Instead Brexiteers will be treated to speeches from Wetherspoons boss Tim Martin, radio host Julia Hartley-Brewer, Apprentice winner Michelle Dewberry and Brexit Party MEP Ann Widdecombe

Fuck me, it really is depressing like 1970s daytime television.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Just waiting to go under for surgery so hopefully the after effects of the anaesthetic will have me out of it and sleeping for most of this shitshow.
Well - out the other side of the void, not nearly long enough. Might get the anaesthetist to put me back under til tomorrow.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like this to remain the stupidest decision of the year, just like it was in 2016, but it'll be overshadowed once again by the US election result this November.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cant wait for the "see. It wasnt the end of the world" stories next week.

And the inevitable "its the EUs fault we are a mess" stories in a year

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously Brexit is not a desirable outcome, but leaving a trading bloc is merely a symptom of a much wider problem which is still there to be fought for. Make this the impetus for campaigning and organising around a compassionate society, not "rejoining the EU" but fighting for a just and caring society.

Under the EU we had migrants being killed in the Med, we had the Hostile Environment official Home Office policy, we had austerity disproportionately affecting migrants, women and LGBT people. The EU didn't stop any of this, and being out of the EU doesn't stop us redoubling our efforts to fight for a fairer and more caring society.

If you think multiculturalism and immigration are ideals worth fighting for, then you need to be prepared to fight for them.

The Remain and People's Vote campaigns were failures. Defending existing institutions and structures that temper the worst of the Right isn't going to cut it anymore. The only way to build towards genuine change is to offer wholehearted beliefs and create a movement. Let's move to create a genuine change and consensus like what was done with the creation of the NHS and Welfare State in the 1940's.

Ethical Hedonism

Permanent ban for creating alt account to troll.
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess this had to pass since the billions of pounds in short positions weren't gonna pay themselves