• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
saga-54_fd872ee460.jpg
On July 25, 2018, issue #54 was published, ending the first half of the series' run on a major cliffhanger. The series then went on an extended hiatus, during which the first 54 issues would be published in a single volume called Saga: Compendium One. In April 2019 Vaughan told Entertainment Weekly that the second half of the series would also last 54 issues, comprising what he called "a planned 108-issue epic."[5]
Is this ever coming back?
saga-vol-2-tp_9ae2f3cbf4.jpg

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man it's been ages! Only comic that I follow that is worse is fucking Uber, which has been on hiatus just about as long.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
The creative team is getting a bunch of issues in the can first so when it does return they'll be able to keep the regular schedule. It's definitely coming back.

Oct 25, 2017
I've very almost bought the Compendium so many times, but I keep remembering I have no rush to read what's out there and putting it off.

One day I will have the two volumes on my shelf alongside the four volumes of The Walking Dead. One day.

Last edited:

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished the Omnibus last week I didn't know it's been on hiatus for two years

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
While I'm eager for it to start up again, it hasn't been on hiatus for long enough for me to be concerned about it eventually returning. I'm a Venture Bros. fan too, so I can be patient.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
After I read the first few issues in floppy form I switched to the OHC editions. Still haven't read volume 3 but I probably will once I see it's back. It's a great series but I'm in no hurry to catch up while still in a hiatus.

Oct 26, 2017
I started reading it last year and I knew it had gone on hiatus after the latest issue but I hadn't realized it had been this long.

I hope it comes back soon.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I think their plan was to get like 20 issue finished so they can be ahead of schedule or some shit like that

Auberji

Oct 25, 2017
It hurts. I convinced my wife to pick it up again after I finished reading an issue then I realised the hiatus was starting.

Mackenzie

Apr 21, 2019
Brighton
It's fine. Let them breathe and figure out how to proceed. I'm not a huge comics fan but I loved this and I'm sure the authors do too. There's plenty other great things to read or watch or listen to until they resume yeah?

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Vaughan and Staples have said a few times they will put it out once a few issues are ready so they can keep up with a regular schedule, I trust these guys to do that . They also have the ending planned.

I also hope ( a bit selfishly) it never gets adapted into TV series or a movie, it's just so perfect as a comic.

Edit: Here is one latest interview where he reiterates that.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God I need more so badly. Hands down the best comic I've ever read, up there as one of the best pieces of media full-stop.