• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I still have dreams about forgetting to do my Maths AS Level coursework.

I'm 34.

Rush_Khan

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting. There are varying interpretations of the teeth falling out dream. One i know is that it signifies a change in your life as in New teeth growing back in.
I see. It may be the case that the recurring dreams have different meanings for different people. What I'm curious about is why the dreams manifest as these specific scenarios like exam deadlines or teeth falling out all the time. Is our brain trying to train and prepare us for a future event through our dreams by using past experiences?

Really interesting topic btw

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Can confirm, still get those dreams on occasion. Graduated College in the early 2000s.

Usually it's wondering if I forgot to cancel a class and have missed the entire semester. Or it's forgetting to attend a class on the day of the test.
Just your run-of-the-mill existential dread that creeps up from time to time.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
I see. It may be the case that the recurring dreams have different meanings for different people. What I'm curious about is why the dreams manifest as these specific scenarios like exam deadlines or teeth falling out all the time. Is our brain trying to train and prepare us for a future event through our dreams by using past experiences?

Really interesting topic btw

Yeah neurology is something else.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
Honestly, my graduate life was pretty awesome.

I'd work like 20-30 hours at most. Get paid for 40. Had fairly simple classes. Tons of free time.

I mis that.

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
32 and still get panic dreams that if I don't get X grade on Y exam I won't graduate. It doesn't go away

Oct 25, 2017
just last night I had a dream that the semester started but I forgot my schedule and was running around the campus in a panic trying to find my classes
Ive been out of school for years
the nightmares never end

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
Once I couldn't read text in books in my dreams but now I can. It's gibberish so you find I'm reading a book on astrophysics and the text goes like this

"And so we see then that if a photon interacts with a venus flytrap in the moment of chaos house tomorrow patterns were now here there jack rogkgna bfnrir rirjjfor jrjrnforo"

And the exam in the dream is in 5 minutes LOL.

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
Lol. School trauma. I'm ten years out from grad school and I still have them on occasion.

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
As they'll happen forever, and almost universal, it really shows the stress and pressure we all go through in school.