• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ESPN

Alabama coach Nick Saban tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday and is self-isolating at home, the university announced.

Alabama athletic director Greg Byrne also tested positive on Wednesday, according to the school.

"I found out earlier this afternoon that I had tested positive for COVID-19," Saban said in a statement. "I immediately left work and isolated at home. At this time, I do not have any symptoms relative to COVID, and I have taken another PCR test to confirm my diagnosis."

Saban, 68, said he informed his players of his positive test in a Zoom call at 2 p.m. on Wednesday.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
Lol, University of Alabama hasn't given one fuck about covid. Hope they lose a bunch of games now. Reap what you sow.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not topping Florida's coach wanting to fill the stadium before 20 of his players catching it but it's sure pretty close.

Cruets

Nov 1, 2017
Saban one of the few coaches who wears a mask properly on the sideline. Lane Kiffin should of got covid first

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If the SEC goes down, the B1G is gonna look really silly for buckling to pressure instead of sticking with the smart call.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Discourse about covid was already awful in this state. Nobody takes it seriously. Football shutting down is going to implode some brains.

Nov 6, 2017
I also live in the South but thanks. Not everyone here is what ERA thinks a southerner is.
I understand where you're coming from, as I also live in the South, but I don't think people are saying "all people in the South are unintelligent;" rather, "a plurality of the populace and leadership in the South are inept and thusly unintelligent."

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
and people who make sweeping generalizations about a whole group of people who also happen to live in that area are assholes.

See? I can do it too. Sorry if that makes you feel bad, sweetie.
5684efb5a71699d2efaa13baba0dbb2c.gif

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I understand where you're coming from, as I also live in the South, but I don't think people are saying "all people in the South are unintelligent;" rather, "a plurality of the populace and leadership in the South are inept and thusly unintelligent."

Absolutely untrue - people on this forum constantly generalize the entire populace of states/regions in every single thread it comes up in. Daily. That goddamned Bugs Bunny - Florida gif haunts me.

Like, I get it. DeSantis is a nut job/Ivey is trash. Cool. But don't write off an entire group of people just because "you" want to earn some sort of internet points on a forum when people's actual lives and wellbeing are at stake. It's not cute.

Nov 6, 2017
Absolutely untrue - people on this forum constantly generalize the entire populace of states/regions in every single thread it comes up in. Daily. That goddamned Bugs Bunny - Florida gif haunts me.

Like, I get it. DeSantis is a nut job/Ivey is trash. Cool. But don't write off an entire group of people just because "you" want to earn some sort of internet points on a forum when people's actual lives and wellbeing are at stake. It's not cute.

you have to admit that a LOT of people in the south are beholden to old institutionalized racism and Bible Belt fire and brimstone simply because they live there and never left. There a good people in the south, even those I mention - but there are more of those people here than any other grouping of states.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
you have to admit that a LOT of people in the south are beholden to old institutionalized racism and Bible Belt fire and brimstone simply because they live there and never left. There a good people in the south, even those I mention - but there are more of those people here than any other grouping of states.

So because there are more of those people the rest of us deserve to catch COVID and die? Myself, my husband, my family and my friends deserve what comes to us because we made the "mistake" of living here?

It's not hard to not condemn every person who lives in this region as worshipers of anti-maskers, DeSantis, Trump, whatever. It really isn't. This isn't a video game - these are actual, real lives at stake and writing off the entire population of an area is stupid and heartless.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
So because there are more of those people the rest of us deserve to catch COVID and die? Myself, my husband, my family and my friends deserve what comes to us because we made the "mistake" of living here?

It's not hard to not condemn every person who lives in this region as worshipers of anti-maskers, DeSantis, Trump, whatever. It really isn't. This isn't a video game - these are actual, real lives at stake and writing off the entire population of an area is stupid and heartless.
No one is attacking you personally. This is people being critical of the millions of Americans that are endangering everyone else's lives because they can't be bothered to wear masks or responsibly distance. It happens in my dumb ass state too. The Pennsylvania government actually had decent guidelines yet I'm surrounded by pieces of shit that don't care if they get everyone around them sick.

Fuck those people. Fuck every single one of them.

Nov 6, 2017

I never said any of that.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The SEC put college football before human lives. It's a real shame to see the highest-paid public servant in the nation catch COVID-19 as a result 🤷‍♂️

C.R.E.A.M.

Banned
Sep 21, 2020
I mean its not surprising, it's the only logical outcome of being an idiot, you're going to collect idiot trophies.

Nick Saban is worshipped in Alabama, probably on par with trump, It's going to be Interesting to see how the south reacts to both of their idols catching rona

Is anyone here from bama, how are they taking this news??

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I am shocked

Really doesn't matter sadly when everyone in that state doesn't give a fuck

I live in the state, and can confirm this statement. Being a pro-masker here is truly agonizing. I feel alone, and am nearimg the point of giving up because the old ass people I am trying to protect with the masks don't give a fuck and are the leaders in making my life hell.