• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know anything about Jessica Drew, but Issa Rae is wonderful and I'm glad to see her getting more work

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Everyone worried this means she won't be in the MCU:

1) there's already a Sony SW film being made and like Venom and Mobius it will be up in the air if she's canon, regardless of this film being made.

2) how does being in an animated film stop anything? We have a Scorpion in the first film and he's also in the MCU.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone worried this means she won't be in the MCU:

1) there's already a Sony SW film being made and like Venom and Mobius it will be up in the air if she's canon, regardless of this film being made.

2) how does being in an animated film stop anything? We have a Scorpion in the first film and he's also in the MCU.
Since she was basically a "co-owned" character in the leaked documents, I was expecting either party to got her, either Sony or Marvel. And honestly, I totally forgot anything about a SW film, but since we didn't know if it was Jessica, Mattie, Gwen, or Madame Web, I still had hope "Jessica Drew" and support cast went to the Marvel movies even if she never had the codename.

But yeah, with this is clear cut she won't be on the MCU. The animation just clarifies that the character is now under full control of Sony, under whatever agreement they have now.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know anything about Jessica Drew, but Issa Rae is wonderful and I'm glad to see her getting more work
Only thing you need to know Jessica Jone's story was originally going to star her but Marvel said no, so Bendis credited Jones instead

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
Fantastic casting! I really hope this is the costume they go with.
9kWHVxO.jpg

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Her origin involves The High Evolutionary and Hydra. (And anything that involves The High Evolutionary tends to be pretty bonkers.)

Unless this is Ultimate Jessica, who was a female clone of Peter Parker.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Her voice really suits animated roles. I'm glad these guys noticed that. Spiderverse was so good, I hope this matches that at the least

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TBH I only ever read the Ultimate version. It was interesting but they didn't do too much with it (all I can remember is the original clone saga and then she met with Miles that one time).

I wonder if they'll be keeping it to 4-5 main characters like the last one. This already (probably) has Miles, Gwen (don't see them dropping her), Spidey 2099 and now Jessica Drew.
Other than Kaine/Scarlet Spider I don't think there's another iconic spiderman character but I guess they could just bring in a joke character again (punk Spidey?)