• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

D O T

Jan 1, 2021
the way the casket almost dropped completely really breaks my heart, how can you go so low, the Israeli army there are fuckin animals, they don't have any decency or morality

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
This exact same thing used to happen in Apartheid South Africa. There are many reports from back then of police attacking funeral processions. Funnily enough, they used to get widespread coverage in US/European media yet this will get barely a mention and probably will use the word "clashes" if it is covered.

Israel totally not an apartheid state though obvs.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
The least surprising news ever. Israel continue to be an apartheid state sponsored by the US.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen a lot of horrible acts committed by different regimes, but this is one of the lowest, most disgusting displays of inhumanity I've witnessed.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
The absolute worst that humanity has to offer. Just seems so hopeless too with how much support they receive from countries.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
This exact same thing used to happen in Apartheid South Africa. There are many reports from back then of police attacking funeral processions. Funnily enough, they used to get widespread coverage in US/European media yet this will get barely a mention and probably will use the word "clashes" if it is covered.

Israel totally not an apartheid state though obvs.

Did South Africa ever murder a reporter who was an American citizen covering their apartheid?

OP
OP
Jeb

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Credit to zeroOman in the other thread:

When Isreal sinks to the lowest of lows, know that the media is ready to sink right there with them.
Look at them sanitize this for a western audience.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Do you guys envision a future where boomers aren't around the US government where hopefully the new generations wont take Israel's shit anymore?

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
They're behaving like the worst nazi or red army scumbags, treating Palestinians like animals or worse. It's so fucking disgusting seeing the West criticizing Russia while not giving a single fuck about Israeli crimes.

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
Did South Africa ever murder a reporter who was an American citizen covering their apartheid?

I actually don't know. My knowledge of South African Apartheid came from an A-level unit almost 25 years ago, and I just remember the clippings we were shown about the funeral assaults. Hence highlighting the parallel.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Why should anyone vote for Democrats again?

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Do you guys envision a future where boomers aren't around the US government where hopefully the new generations wont take Israel's shit anymore?
Nope. You got new chuds like Ben Shapiro around to fill in the space.

But I have seen lot more advocacy from Millennials and Zoomers with regards to this issue overall. Just afraid that it probably will not be enough.

I don't know what to say at this point that isn't already obvious. If you're defending Israel's actions, stop. If you have any loved ones that are defending this, challenge them.

I'm afraid that by the point that sentiment in support the Palestinians increases to the level that political action will happen, Palestine will no longer exist.

So much damage has already been done, and yet only just now are a few people even wising up to how fucked up this all is. Several mainstream news outlets have been too cowardly to even directly reference how Akleh got killed.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
No. I believe as long as the US puts profits before people this scenario suits our geopolitical interests and age will not change that invested interest in Israel.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Why should I not wish for the painful death of these uniformed pieces of shit? Fuck them all and their fucking ethnostate.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory Point of Comparison
It's time for the world to stop treating Israel with kid gloves just because of events from 77+ years ago. Israel is an extremely racist, genocidal state and should be treated as such.

LiquidSword

Oct 25, 2017
so the US government is going to let foreign cops kill an American journalist and then attack her funeral and then say nothing about it? Has anyone in the Biden admin said anything?

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017

No, because there's plenty of children of Republican politicians and voters raising their children to believe the same shit, and that includes unwavering support for Israel. This is reinforced by conservative talking heads like Ben Shapiro and others.

The Democratic side isn't much better, at least among the political powerbase. You have some politicians who take a stance against Israeli aggression and hopefully that'll grow. One thing that the progressive side has going for it is there's no figure like Ben Shapiro pushing unwavering pro-Israel stances, at least to my knowledge. I can't say the same for liberals but I can't recall the name of one off-hand.

The4thJeazy

May 14, 2020
This is fucking heinous. At what point in the future does Israel become another state the US propped up only to have to eventually treat them as an adversary