• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Omar (D-Minn.) and Tlaib (D-Mich.) planned to tour the flashpoint site of the Temple Mount in the Old City of Jerusalem, as well as the West Bank, according to Channel 13.

Their trip was planned by Miftah, a nonprofit organization led by Palestinian lawmaker and veteran peace negotiator Hanan Ashrawi, according to the Washington Post.

Under Israeli law, backers of the BDS movement can be denied entry to the country, but Israeli Ambassador to the US Ron Dermer last month said they would be allowed in out of respect for the US-Israeli relationship.

President Trump — who has criticized the congresswomen on Twitter in an apparent effort to cast their hard-left views as the face of the Democratic Party — was unhappy at Israel's original decision not to bar them, according to Channel 13.

some responses

8/19/2019 edit: Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar speak on Israel travel restrictions

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
hey, they're just standing up against those awful antisemitic tropes Democrats agree Omar used.

anyway, congrats on keeping Tlaib from visiting her grandmother in the occupied territories, real moral victory for Zionism there

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
So what happens to Israel if the majority of Americans support BDS, and eventually, a majority of the politicians? Do they stop answering our phone calls?

Oct 27, 2017
So they can't even visit the west bank?

Fuck Israel. Anybody defending them on this (and I have a feeling someone will show up) can go fuck themselves.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So they can't even visit the west bank?

Fuck Israel. Anybody defending them on this (and I have a feeling someone will show up) can go fuck themselves.

this was in the article that I linked

An official told the newspaper earlier that if Tlaib, who is of Palestinian heritage, made a special humanitarian request to visit her family in the occupied West Bank, it "would be considered favorably."

but I left it out of the OP because it doesn't mean a damn thing considering

Israeli Ambassador to the US Ron Dermer last month said they would be allowed in out of respect for the US-Israeli relationship.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure that certain group of international affairs experts on here that cried foul (in all good faith, of course) over Ilhan giving the mildest criticism imaginable to Bibi & AIPAC is thrilled to hear this. Either that or they'll be in this thread mostly to defend why Actually, this is a good thing.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
God forbid Palestinians see people in power from the US who empathize with their plight.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017

Trump encouraged this act of retaliation by a foreign government against members of the U.S. government. It's a betrayal of our country in service of aligning right-wing racist parties internationally, and an impeachable offense.

"The only democracy in the Middle East"

Lmao.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
And now Trump is tweeting that Omar and talib "hate all Jewish people"

More stochastic terrorism from a trust fund dipshit. It's incredible how empty the hogs that voted for this idiot are. Each and every one of them.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
They are literally the Dark Knight quote. They have become the villains now.
Not like Israel were ever the "good guys" anyway. A lot of the founding groups and individuals committed acts of terrorism, sympathized with fascism and fascist parties in Europe, and tried to ally with Hitler against the British before the full extent of the holocaust was known.

Now that's definitely not to say that everyone who supported the idea of Israel is a fascist or anything. Just pointing out Israel's fascist tendencies and history go back to before it was officially founded. Much like Trump in the US, Bibi is a symptom, not the cause. Not accusing you of doing this or anything, it just always bothers me when people act like Israel was some paragon of morality before Bibi showed up.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
And now Trump is tweeting that Omar and talib "hate all Jewish people"

More stochastic terrorism from a trust fund dipshit. It's incredible how empty the hogs that voted for this idiot are. Each and every one of them.

sure would be easier to defend them from these smears if Democrats hadn't fallen over themselves to accuse Omar of the dreaded Tropes, but i'm told that Democrats are at least less racist than Trump so that absolves them of responsibility

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

Welp.

Breaking News: President Trump urged Israel to deny entry to two U.S. congresswomen, Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib, in an unusual effort to punish domestic rivals nyti.ms/2z2gUWB

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who could have possibly seen this coming, except for all of us that knew this was coming when the Dem defense campaign for AIPAC started?

Jun 6, 2019

Welp.

Breaking News: President Trump urged Israel to deny entry to two U.S. congresswomen, Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib, in an unusual effort to punish domestic rivals nyti.ms/2z2gUWB

He can do whatever he wants. He could call in a hit on these two and nothing would be done.

Literally, if he sent a tweet "would be a shame if something happened to them", nothing would happen.

Juj

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Zionism is facism.

EDIT:

I reccomend everyone to watch the movie '1948: Creation & Catastrophe' for insight into the creation of the state of Israel from the perspectives of both Israeli militia veterans from the independence war and palestinian refugees from the nakba.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trump tweeting that star of David Hillary tweet was far worse than anything any US politician has ever done re Israel, but yeah let's just ignore that.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Fuck you Israel and fuck Trump for backing them up on this. If he came out against this it wouldn't be this way.

I'm Jewish too, the rise of fascism world over is concerning.