• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
over/under on a headline about how they're stealing the gold tooth fillings from murdered palestinians within the next year?

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Concern trolling in a sensitive thread, repeated history of inflammatory commentary and numerous accumulated infractions
The headline of that article and this thread should really be changed IMO.
It carries some anti-semitic undertones when you talk about israel and money in the same sentence.

The Guardian really should know better than to use those loaded terms.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Christ. Despicable.

Boycott. Divest. Sanction.

In the future the US will cut many ties with Israel.

I think you're underestimating how entrenched the Israel lobby is here in the US, and how much our evangelical death cults will rage at any serious attempt to cut ties. Support for Zionism has broad bipartisan support (although actual left voters increasingly do NOT support the state of Israel). Hopefully we can get money out of politics and start working on putting pressure on Israel to end their apartheid, to stop their war crimes... but I'm not terribly optimistic.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Knesset can eat my entire ass. Get that tongue in there like it was Palestinian territory.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
What more could Israel take away from the Palestinian people.

Their education. Man this depresses me to no end. These tactics are disgusting to say the least. In some ways its worse than outright death.
Deny them education so they have little choice but to grow up and be labelled terrorists. Because what other future would they have..

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lEqYtwN.jpg

xrjPo12.jpg

They're fine without the actual classroom they don't need walls or shelter any facilities or anything like that.

These pictures are infuriating. And it's obviously selection bias but none of the Israeli folks I know are OK with this. It's akin to how brits feel when they meet typical Americans - "Hey are you Ok with Trump putting kids in cages and letting a couple of them die and then creating new orphans?" um no (typically)

Or maybe more like Brexit - most of the BritsI know are pro-remain but have almost no meaningful representation in the media or politics.

Palantiri

Oct 25, 2017
The headline of that article and this thread should really be changed IMO.
It carries some anti-semitic undertones when you talk about israel and money in the same sentence.

The Guardian really should know better than to use those loaded terms.

I dont really know if this is sarcasm, but are you suggesting that it is anti-semitic to report that a country plans on auctioning stolen/seized property just because a majority of the people in that country are Jewish? That seems a bit of a stretch.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
One thing that people don't understand is that the propaganda to hate for Palestine in Israel is so huge that many are fooled (including my own step family) believe that Israel gives plenty of chances to the Palestinian people and give them free access to Israel when it just completely isn't true and they believe that the Palestinians throw away all attempts at good will from their side. They're all brainwashed.

noob-noob

Nov 1, 2017
Boston
These pictures are infuriating. And it's obviously selection bias but none of the Israeli folks I know are OK with this. It's akin to how brits feel when they meet typical Americans - "Hey are you Ok with Trump putting kids in cages and letting a couple of them die and then creating new orphans?" um no (typically)

Or maybe more like Brexit - most of the BritsI know are pro-remain but have almost no meaningful representation in the media or politics.

Considering Bibi won enough seats in the recent election to maintain his control of government, even with multiple corruption charges hanging over his head, I don't think you can entirely absolve the Israeli people of responsibility (yes I know he had to call for new elections but that was due to a disagreement between ultra right wing parties)

Same holds true for the US. 63 million people voted for and over 40% of people approve of the orange shit stain in office right now. That speaks loads to what the "true" US people think

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
In the future the US will cut many ties with Israel.

Questionable.

It is in the United States' interest to maintain a balance of power in the region, currently maintained by Israel, Saudia Arabia, and Iran. A senseless war with Iran (which is looking more and more likely) will take them out of the picture and Saudi Arabia is a fickly ally at best. The United States will long support Israel.

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I instantly lose respect for anyone that supports Israel. Garbage state with trash leaders.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering Bibi won enough seats in the recent election to maintain his control of government, even with multiple corruption charges hanging over his head, I don't think you can entirely absolve the Israeli people of responsibility (yes I know he had to call for new elections but that was due to a disagreement between ultra right wing parties)

Same holds true for the US. 63 million people voted for and over 40% of people approve of the orange shit stain in office right now. That speaks loads to what the "true" US people think

I'm not absolving the Israeli voters of shit. But like the UK and US, politics is so polluted and gerrymandered and chaotic that the majority voices are being deliberately dampened by extremism. So it's an observation that is also a warning - that a moral and well meaning majority may be disenfranchised by the current political climate and it's unsafe to assume that a country's politics are representative of what people actually want, vs what they got.

The fact that our own president sent a signed map of Israel with Golan shown as "conquered" with the word "nice!" on it at the same time he's trying to use Saudi dollars - from giving a Sunni majority sponsor of terrorism nuclear technology -- to bribe Palestinians to just shut up for the duration of his presidency, is so shocking that it should be the lead news story every day for a month. Yet here we are.

87u46i1

HOW IS THIS OK?

87u46i1.jpg
87u46i1

87u46i1

As Israel shifts rightward, the left leaning parties have to do outreach to Zionists and Ultra Orthodoxy by making creeping compromises and sometimes terrible mistakes, but the recent failure to form a government shows that nothing is set in stone. I'm not optimistic, but I am clinging to the hope that the country can get its shit together. We're at a rare moment in history where three or four coincidental heart attacks could go a long way to making the world a better place. But of course god has a habit of letting dictators and monsters live to a ripe old age.

Last edited:

xeroyear

Nov 8, 2018
Israel spends a huge sum of money shaping public perception, presenting themselves as 'just' and 'righteous'. Imagine how money and energy they would save if they abided by international law and behaved in a civilized manner instead of pretending to be civilized.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
One thing that people don't understand is that the propaganda to hate for Palestine in Israel is so huge that many are fooled (including my own step family) believe that Israel gives plenty of chances to the Palestinian people and give them free access to Israel when it just completely isn't true and they believe that the Palestinians throw away all attempts at good will from their side. They're all brainwashed.

You basically just described my father, and I don't know how to make him realize his pro-Israel and anti-Palestine stance is based on fallacy. He acts as though Israel is 100% innocent and Palestinians are 100% born and bred for terror. I wish there was an easy way to open his eyes.