• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you (plan to) use bidets?

• Yes

Votes: 296 79.1%
  • No

Votes: 78 20.9%

• Total voters

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
What about the mess. And it seems harder to clean/gets prone to getting dirty. Arent you getting piss all over it often?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I can't use a bidet at work!

But I can wash my ass immediately after a shit at home, so I don't really need a bidet.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it helps with diseases but it's just more civilized and clean to get that butt shower.

I want to eventually get a washlet in every bathroom in our house.

Woody

Mar 5, 2018
How do you power them? Most bathrooms I have seen do not have handy outlets anywhere near the toilet.

shattaf_installation_steps_1250x.png

Everytime I think about getting a bidet, I picture actually blasting water from my ass upwards into my face.

You spray it down into the toilet...it amazes me how perplexing this is to some.

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
They are nice. I was in Japan last year and taking a dump was a treat since bidets were everywhere. The heated seat models would be amazing in winter.

Repo

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Bidet-showerheads are ubiquitous in Finnish apartments. Bathrooms are usually fairly small and the showerhead is attached to the sink. You can use it after being on the toilet or for general cleaning.

TQIwq5s.jpg

An ad from the 70s

1c7gofq.jpg

Edit: Also called a pussyphone

Last edited:

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
Portable bidets are also a thing for those who can't or don't want to install a standard bidet on their toilet. Installing one on mine would have been a hassle, but getting a portable one turned out great. It saves me a lot of toilet paper and makes me feel way cleaner/fresher than just using paper would. I honestly think most people wouldn't go back to just paper if they tried it for a even a week. We've been missing out here in America.

Oct 27, 2017
used a bidet on some vacations and loved it but never thought about buying one. I ordered one today just because of this toilet paper shortage, so I'm joining the club.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
No but I want to. I've wanted a really good bidet toilet for a while but my wife has a rule that's only for "my" bathroom when we add one to our basement. I suspect she'll love it she's just scared at the moment.

Also I fucking hate when a thread title asks one question and the poll asks something else. Ffs how hard is it to keep them the same.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
Non-Bidet-Era: I know it's hard to come to terms with the simple fact that you are wrong on this one. "No way, I've been smearing shit around on my skin this entire time? That can't be true! I don't smell bad! Bidets couldn't possibly work!" I get it. I was a nay-sayer at first, too.
How could all those people wiping their ass with toilet paper be wrong? Especially when there's the super soft premium TP that clogs your pipres, you know, the good shit?
Turns out: I was wrong! It's really the best purchase you can make to improve the quality of your life.
They are cheap, easy to install and best of all: You won't go around in public with your own shit smeared all over you. It's just gone! There's no excuses, you don't have to install new pipes or something like that. Everyone can have a bidet!

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
spread two streaks of peanut butter on a plate. try to rinse one off with the kitchen sink spray setting and the other wipe off with some toilet paper. which one is cleaner?

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I've had one in my home in California for 15 years, which we chose to install after my first trip to Japan in 2004. And living in Tokyo now, I own one. Amazing for hygiene.

SeriuzBiznus

Jan 14, 2020
London, UK
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a UK bidet? With our regulations around power supplies and bathrooms, I'm wondering what the best option would be for a (preferably heated) bidet. My loo is separate from the main bathroom so only has a cold water supply to the cistern.

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
I could understand if it was part of the toilet but not a separate unit. Unless you're just using the bidet to finish off.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Bidets, lotas, douche shower sprays, bidet sprays, showerheads attached to sinks, lota, so many options other than toilet paper.

Some of these options, your hands might touch shit but you wash that down away and then wash your hands thoroughly at the sink. No risk of infection or smell or whatever. Western world, it's time to wake up to the clean butt movement started from thousands of years ago.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Bidets, lotas, douche shower sprays, bidet sprays, showerheads attached to sinks, lota, so many options other than toilet paper.

Some of these options, your hands might touch shit but you wash that down away and then wash your hands thoroughly at the sink. No risk of infection or smell or whatever. Western world, it's time to wake up to the clean butt movement started from thousands of years ago.
Words of wisdom.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

True.

Shower sprays are pretty cheap and easy to install if bidets are a bit too much.