• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 13, 2017
I love this stuff! Makes a great snack, good texture, safe for lactose intolerant people, affordable, easy to find, so many different varieties.

UTB8nblnDiaMiuJk43PTq6ySmXXaS.jpg

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
It's overrated but solid as a base. Thing is you don't want it as your only cheese if you really want to mix things up. Also Muenster is better for grilled cheese

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
i thinks its one of the worst cheeses. Parm, Moz, Oaxacan and Jack are better on everything I would put cheddar with.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
It is indeed the best cheese. I particularly enjoy the super aged, super sharp stuff. The four year aged Black Diamond at Sam's Club is top tier. A local market had like 11 year aged cheddar, and it was just distilled, sharp deliciousness.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah. I like a lot of different kinds of cheese, but ultimately cheddar is king.

Jay_AD

Oct 28, 2017
Depends on the use case.

Sometimes I do like that cheddar acidity, sometimes I don't. Good solid middle of the road cheese though. Can do a lot better, can do a lot worse.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Anything but American cheese and Swiss (just don't have the taste for it) is good for me.

Mozzarella is my favorite~

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I'm not much of a cheese guy but of the few I've had and can recall the name of, yeah cheddar's pretty good. It's the only cheese I can enjoy eating on its own. Others I just prefer as ingredients.

Aureon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, no.
Cheddar is decent as melted, but there's like...
Mozzarella, ricotta, pecorino, parmigiano, burrata, caciotta, brie, and the list goes on and on and on and on.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Extra sharp Vermont, Irish, or my personal favorite, Red Dragon. The latter is a Welsh variety made with ale and whole mustard seeds in the cheddar.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Depends on the food it is accompanied with.

It's great sprinkled and melted into a chili-wrap, for example. Generally goes well with a lot of hot and spicy dishes.

I would choose different kinds of cheese for a snack plate or as a topping on bread, however.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
The cheese in the OP looks a far darker shade of orange than almost all cheddars I've seen?

Cheddar is the default cheese here in the UK, so while I do love it it feels very unexciting.

Still, can't beat it grated plentifully over a steaming hot baked potato with baked beans!

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
It's good, but a bit mild for my French taste.

Cheddar fills in a very different role so the mildness is its main strength, really.

Rich, flavorful cheeses are great when they are the focus of a dish (e.g. with bread or crackers) but they doesn't always work well as a topping. It depends on what it's being paired with, but often it's better to use something more mild and neutral so that it adds flavor without taking over.

I love French cheeses but most wouldn't work too well in a burrito.