• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ahhthe90s

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Very graphic video of TFSA (Turkish back free Syrian army) celebrating the death of a YPJ (women wing of the YPG) Kurdish fighter which they killed.

May she rest in peace.

Now you tell me, how do these Jihadi Islamists differ from ISIS? Pro tip; they don't. In fact, the TFSA includes ex/current ISIS fighters.

Warning again, very graphic:
MOD EDIT: inappropriate content removed

This books my fucking blood, shame on the USA for abandoning the Kurds, they put their life on the line for USA's shared interests.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Ahhthe90s

Ahhthe90s

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ohh while I'm at it, here's some Turkish special forces beheading a liked Kurdish fighter; (MAJOR GRAPHIC WARNING)
MOD EDIT: Inappropriate content removed

These are our NATO allies?

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Unfortunately this is not at all surprising... Erdogan had NO problem with ISIS being Turkey's southern neighbor, and openly stated that ISIS was preferable to the SDF/YPG/YPJ.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Official Staff Communication
While discussions around ISIS and such organizations are allowed, linking to graphic videos of the sort is not.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
Why are you posting this instead of just mentioning it, bro. :| Good thing the links were already taken down when I saw it.

Anyway, high chance Donald has some personal interests in Turkey and/or Russia, but the facts may not come out during this administration. America literally has a traitor for president, yo.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
We all knew this was going to happen. War crimes, war crimes, war crimes.

And I hold Donald Trump responsible as much as the Turks.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
Americans wouldve abandoned us kurds eventually so its hard to say if this wouldve been different with Hillary "lets bomb Libya" Clinton. Though it was most definitely the worst way to pull out, especially him backing Turkey.

Now the war is ending, Turkey gets 22m for a good strech and many kurds/ypg now have to give up their heartland. Least we avoided more death..

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Americans wouldve abandoned us kurds eventually so its hard to say if this wouldve been different with Hillary "lets bomb Libya" Clinton. Though it was most definitely the worst way to pull out, especially him backing Turkey.

Now the war is ending, Turkey gets 22m for a good strech and many kurds/ypg now have to give up their heartland. Least we avoided more death..

Don't conflate with every American government with Republicans, they're the ones who abandon the Kurds more often than not. I agree Hillary has her issues with Syria but she's no Republican.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
As much as America acting as the World Police is not a viable or even agreeable stance forever, the swift retreat and complete diplomatic defeat of America from Turkey and Russia in this matter is already destabilizing the area and its only going to get worse in the Middle East. I definitely don't think America had a place in the Middle East, but it was necessary for a world power to exist in the region to keep the peace and allow for the countries to develop on their own terms without constant infighting and it was the lesser of all evils. Russia gaining a foothold in this mess might just mean that it could take America's place or even China, and no one really wants that to happen. That the Kurds are being sacrificed as scapegoats to further foreign benefits and in such a disgraceful way should be grounds not only for impeachment but for imprisonment as well. The USA is diplomatically finished for the next few decades.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was in Turkey for a holiday this year. The racist way I was treated by many of the people left me with a really bad impression.

Combined with all the shitty politics Erdogan is pulling, I am not happy calling them a NATO ally and hope they won't be allowed in the EU.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As much as America acting as the World Police is not a viable or even agreeable stance forever, the swift retreat and complete diplomatic defeat of America from Turkey and Russia in this matter is already destabilizing the area and its only going to get worse in the Middle East. I definitely don't think America had a place in the Middle East, but it was necessary for a world power to exist in the region to keep the peace and allow for the countries to develop on their own terms without constant infighting and it was the lesser of all evils. Russia gaining a foothold in this mess might just mean that it could take America's place or even China, and no one really wants that to happen. That the Kurds are being sacrificed as scapegoats to further foreign benefits and in such a disgraceful way should be grounds not only for impeachment but for imprisonment as well. The USA is diplomatically finished for the next few decades.

TBH this sounds like a bandaid that won't solve the actual problems, the Middle East will have to find a way to keep peace and develop without an outsider, because they're not ever going splinter into far away different planets, they will always be close to each other and need to find a way to work and live with each other. The answer to the infighting is most likely secularisation for the whole area.

This ISIS shit sucks tho :(