• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
You do realize that because of all this, Nintendo will intentionally make Doom Guy the 11th DLC fighter? You'll get 5 more sword fighters before this pairing actually becomes canon.

Also, I want this to go one step further: I want Mick Gordon to remix/reimagine K.K.Slider songs and someone at Nintendo to do some cutesy/island-themed BFG Division or E1M1.
If it guaranteed doomguy gets in, I would take the other 5 being all fire emblem.

Draconis

Oct 28, 2017
This is the greatest trend ever.

Isabelle is easily the cutest thing Doom has ever been associated with.

Agreed wholeheartedly. The general feeling of camaraderie coming out of both of these communities, and the sheer joy that is being equally shared amongst them, is the best thing I have seen come across the internet in 2020 thus far.

Really hoping this thread continues. I'd love to see more awesomeness.

Oct 25, 2017
What I like about the general idea of this fanart is that Isabelle is so likable that she can make friends with anyone, and everyone has time to fish with her or hang out on the beach with her.

Isabelle is a top-ten character in adorableness in video games, up there with Tails, Captain Toad, and Yoshi for me.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This is so wholesome - shows you how far the fans have come in some ways. Only 10 years ago I feel like this wouldn't have happened.

Has Nintendo acknowledged this "crossover" in any way?

I think it's kinda hard. While the Doom Twitter has not problem acknowledging AC, Nintendo would advertise Doom to a lot of minors. They can't really get in on the fun from their side I think.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I love how terrified the flower is.

twitter.com

Inx on Twitter

“Coming this 20th of March #DOOM #animalcrossing #AnimalCrossingNewHorizon https://t.co/EbxISucXwq”

ydT9iEa.gif

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

twitter.com

Allie on Twitter

“Oh, hello there! My name is Daisy, uhnf! I just moved here from [UAC Facility], uhnf. What was your name again? #AnimalCrossing #DOOM”

twitter.com

Kuro on Twitter

“A daisy. #doom #doometernal #animalcrossing”

daisy is the name of doomguy's pet rabbit =3

Draconis

Oct 28, 2017
Literally cannot get enough of this thread.

Freaking love it. All of it.

This is one of the greatest fan driven crossovers to have ever occurred in the history of gaming, period.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Agreed wholeheartedly. The general feeling of camaraderie coming out of both of these communities, and the sheer joy that is being equally shared amongst them, is the best thing I have seen come across the internet in 2020 thus far.

Really hoping this thread continues. I'd love to see more awesomeness.

It's great. If this was 15 years ago, Doom fans would be screaming at Animal Crossing fans for being juvenile and childish, while AC fans would be screaming at Doom fans for being violent and arrogant.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
people have taken this way too far. such stupid ridiculous nonsense. all this carry on because both games share a release date? jeez.

i'll be buying both on the 20th but cmon, get a grip.