• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is your character vote in the Smash Ballot in the game yet?

• Yes

Votes: 163 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 188 53.6%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like Ezio from Assassins Creed as a Ubisoft rep, but I realized the chance of that is super low since Banjo is the only non Japanese character that's fully playable

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
One of them is, that one being Roy (of Super Smash Bros. Melee fame), but I'm pretty sure that didn't have much to do with the ballot. The others I that wanted, Andy from Advance Wars and Felix or Isaac from Golden Sun, are still not in Smash Bros.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, no spirit, mii costume, AT, character, or boss for the folks I wanted most yet. I don't really mind though, since the roster already has so many characters I adore that it would take someone really special for me to focus entirely on playing them.

Feb 21, 2018
Isaac is just an assist trophy and Mii costume. Was upset after Smash 4 DLC finished but I've learned to love every character except Bayonetta.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I voted several times, but one of the ones that got in was Ridley.

Voted for Isaac from Golden Sun, Sukapon from Joy Mech Fight and Ray 01 from Custom Robo. Sadly these three didn't become playable.

Lark

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
No, in that I'm not counting Isaac's assist trophy. If Sakurai doesn't want to retcon ATs, though, I'd take Felix.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I didn't vote on the ballot, but if I did, I would've voted Simon, so I voted yes on the poll anyway

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I voted for King K. Rool a handful of times. I know some who voted way more than that but I didn't want to push my luck.

Luck smiled upon me.

If K. Rool was already in I probably would have voted for Banjo-Kazooie. If I knew the ballot would definitively be used in the next installment, I would have voted for Ridley. Ultimate has been a dream game and then some.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Man I voted K. Rool and got K. Rool and Ridley, and Dark Samus in 1 fell swoop. Followed by Banjo. My ballot dreams came true hard. Fuck I love Ultimate.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I voted for K. Rool and Crash Bandicoot in multiple different devices every time I could;

well, I got one of them and I'm hopeful for the other 'v'

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Interesting that the vote is essentially 50/50. Seems like Sakurai did a good job putting in the "big" requests like Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo-Kazooie, but there's still a lot of smaller yet requested characters left in the ether.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Simon and Ridley were top choices for me but there are still others I want just as badly.

Goemon
Billy and Jimmy Lee
Ryu Hayabusa (with his classic look)
Sir Arthur
Doom Marine
Terra
Rex and Pyra
ARMS character(s)

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
I wished for Sora, but for some weird reason i voted for Bayonetta before voting for him (if my memory is correct). And my mistake actually made Bayonetta happen, I believe lol

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I voted for Chibi Robo and Banjo Kazooie.

On one hand they gutted Cheebo and turned him into a Mii costume.

On the other hand, Banjo is in Smash, playable, for the first time ever.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I entered in several ballots because the site didn't stop me.

I have no idea who I voted for first, and I do not think any of my ballots counted.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm pretty sure none of them were super popular like the characters we have now, so I'll say "no" to the poll.

Last edited:

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. K. Rool was who I actually ended up voting for. Despite Phil Spencer tweeting his blessing, I thought Banjo-Kazooie was impossible. Yet, here they are as well!

I'm always going to be grateful for what Sakurai's done for the fans.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
I voted for Abe from Oddworld. That's never happening. I also wanted Shovel Knight, Scorpion, Heihachi, and Chun-Li. Shovel Knight is now in assist trophy hell with Waluigi. Chun-Li is a spirit. At least Scorpion and Heihachi are still on the table.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
I put Banjo and Kazooie in for the ballot request Sakurai had during the Smash 4 DLC poll. I had hopes for Ridley and a slight desire for Dark Samus but I never would've expected both. Inklings were obviously going to be in and we got Isabella. So by and large, it has been fulfilled.

There could always be more in particular, I've always really wanted Impa(SS style) and Midna(with Wolf Link) in the game. BotW deserves one all things considered. I'd like to see Dixie Kong and Twintelle make it on the roster. In terms of 3rd parties, it has far exceeded what anyone was expecting.

Deleted member 27872

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My mosted wanted was ridley, then simon, then dark samus, then dragon quest character. So yeah a little bit.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Even if Miis were less terrible, their skins would still be worthless and no substitutes for actual, playable characters.

So no, I'm still waiting on MegaMan and Sonic characters.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I entered in several ballots because the site didn't stop me.

I have no idea who I voted for first, and I do not think any of my ballots counted.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm pretty sure none of them were super popular like the characters we have now, so I'll say "no" to the poll.
Oh wait, Wolf got in! I remember putting a Wolf vote in, I think! Maybe!

Eh, whatever. My most wanted got in Smash 4 to begin with.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
DL8akxsX4AENgtG.jpg
This, unfortunately.

There's not even a Wonder Mask Mii accessory. I mean that one was an obvious pick, your Mii could be Wonder-Mii and it'd be great.

Or even an assist trophy that summons ten Wonderful Ones and proceeds to Unite Morph all over the place.

But nope. None of it.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Geno, although characters like Ridley and K Rool would have been my follow up choices but I always deemed them actually possible.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
My vote went to Shovel Knight, so yes! Not in a playable role, but still wild to see him in the mix as an Assist Trophy.