• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
one of my friends is having issues, another isn't

might just be a sporadic hiccup hitting ppl ever now and again

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Sick people, cancellations and delays I can handle, but NOT our gaming servers. Not like this...

(I care about sick people)

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Problems across the board.

Not a leap to think that there are more people than usual gaming right now. Since most people are stuck indoors right now.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. I got kicked and haven't been able to go online but it's still letting me use Netflix.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Thought it mighta just been me... Wanted to download Shantae, but eh... Guess not.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Down here in the UK, really annoying. All my friends want to play Warzone. Back to Persona 5 for me then

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Happy I had the disc for Subnautica...No interruption to the gaming session.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Does the Xbox One boot you out of back compat games mid-session if the system doesn't talk to Xbox Live for an extended period? My 360 game just closed without warning and I immediately received a message about a service outage.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
time to see what PSNow has since i can't launch division 2 atm.....or anything. damn, was almost done with warlords of new york too

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Am I doing something wrong here, I'm new to having an Xbox. I set it up for my sons account but my account buys the games/Gamepass so I can parental control him, I'm trying to play DMC5 but I can't even sign into my account. When I turn the console offline it just pops up an error when I try launching a game saying I need to sign into the account that purchased the game, but I can't even sign into it

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Am I doing something wrong here, I'm new to having an Xbox. I set it up for my sons account but my account buys the games/Gamepass so I can parental control him, I'm trying to play DMC5 but I can't even sign into my account. When I turn the console offline it just pops up an error when I try launching a game saying I need to sign into the account that purchased the game, but I can't even sign into it

The Xbox backends are having issues right now. You hit a very unfortunate time, sadly.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Now achievements aren't unlocking or updating their tracking status. I'll be pretty upset if it isn't retroactive since I just burned through like 5000 smelts in Terraria.

Xbox has not handled the increase in traffic well at all.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Now achievements aren't unlocking or updating their tracking status. I'll be pretty upset if it isn't retroactive since I just burned through like 5000 smelts in Terraria.

I just unlocked achievements in Ori...

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019

Yeah I'm willing to give them an exemption on *achievements not updating* at the moment considering the challenges they're facing with increased volume, decreased workforce, and remote-work challenges due to a pandemic.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Yeah I'm willing to give them an exemption on *achievements not updating* at the moment considering the challenges they're facing with increased volume, decreased workforce, and remote-work challenges due to a pandemic.
I dont want to turn this into console wars, but I havent had any issues with my PS4. And they are theoretically seeing a similar jump. So I'm disappointed that Xbox Live hasn't been able to keep up so far.