• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is it?

• Yes

Votes: 59 31.9%
  • Yes x2

Votes: 126 68.1%

• Total voters

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
"Wind's howling"

"Nailed it, I know. Thank you. Moving on..."

"Rip and tear until it is done"

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
I haven't played the game, and this is the first time I heard this line. And I am every day in Twitter, gaming forums etc. so I would have to say no.

Press F to pay respect, while not spoken, is for example way more famous. Or Tracer's "Cheers Luv, the cavalry's here".

Antipode

Jul 25, 2019
As iconic as these lines are, those who haven't played the individual games they originate from aren't going to recognize "boy", "open your eyes", "such a lust for revenge", or "welcome to the family, son". But Press F to Pay Respects is ubiquitous - even those who aren't familiar with the game will know it.

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
"Damn Fiddle"

"WHO"

"Why are we still here?"

"Engravings... offer no tactical advantage whatsoever"

"Kaz... I'm already a demon"

"V has come to"

"This is Pequod. Arriving shortly at LZ"

man MGSV sure had some memorable quotes

...maybe not for reasons they intended.

Lork

Oct 25, 2017
Before clicking on this thread I assumed this line was from Red Dead Redemption 2.

I'm pressing F to pay respects to premise of this thread, OP.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the thing. I almost said no, but then I realized I knew exactly what this was from even though I haven't played it in a year so...maybe?

BOY.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
i had no idea what the thread title was referring to, that's how iconic that line is

JohnnyJoestar

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
If we're only including spoken lines then "Played us like a damn fiddle" is undeniably the winner. If we're including any type of line then "Press F to pay respects" is.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
sKPKF0O.jpg

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played this game nor have I ever heard this quote.

"Despite everything, it's still you." from Undertale, which I have also not played
"The Wizard Came From The Moon" from Destiny, which I have played.
"Why are we still here? Just to suffer?" From MGSV Phantom Pain, which I have not played.

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one. Valus Ta'aurc. From what I can gather he commands the Siege Dancers from an Imperial Land Tank outside of Rubicon. He's well protected, but with the right team, we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out, and break their grip on Freehold.

Deleted member 26746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"True beauty is an expression of the heart.

A thing without shame, to which notions of gender don't apply."

-Andrea Rhodea

VeggieBurger

Jan 6, 2018
i don't even know if iconic really works anymore. there's soo many games and so many niches that i would never be able to pick a line that defines a gen. so i'd agree with the meme answers cuz they actually go beyond just fandom

Tidalwaves

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Creepy. I literally bought and started this game this morning. Won't be coming back here though in case there's spoilers.

Neko_No_Naku

Jan 9, 2018
It is a powerful scene but not the most recognizable line by a mile.

At least not when MGSV exists... And for any line of text in a videogame, it has to be F to pay respects.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
It's absolutely Press F to Pay Respects.

If you don't count that, then it's... I don't know, one of the million super popular lines from Undertale or Overwatch that are 2000x more widespread and well known than "boy" or RE7 or anything else in this thread other than Red Dead 2.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
People keep saying "Boy", but Kitty N's Theme from Bust a Groove came out many gens ago on the original PlayStation so I don't think it's applicable.

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
MY NAME!
IS GYOBU MASATAKA ONIWAAAAAAA!
AS I BREATHE
YOU WILL NOT PASS THE CASTLE GATE

ROBERTOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
images

*Honk*

"Go on, Hunter. A Hunter must Hunt."

Code:
Look at them, they come to this place when they know they are not pure. Tenno use the keys, but they are mere trespassers. Only I, Vor, know the true power of the Void. I was cut in half, destroyed, but through it's Janus Key, the Void called to me. It brought me here and here I was reborn. We cannot blame these creatures, they are being led by a false prophet, an impostor who knows not the secrets of the Void. Behold the Tenno, come to scavenge and desecrate this sacred realm. My brothers, did I not tell of this day? Did I not prophesize this moment? Now, I will stop them. Now I am changed, reborn through the energy of the Janus Key. Forever bound to the Void. Let it be known, if the Tenno want true salvation, they will lay down their arms, and wait for the baptism of my Janus key. It is time. I will teach these trespassers the redemptive power of my Janus key. They will learn it's simple truth. The Tenno are lost, and they will resist. But I, Vor, will cleanse this place of their impurity.Look at them, they come to this place when they know they are not pure. Tenno use the keys, but they are mere trespassers. Only I, Vor, know the true power of the Void. I was cut in half, destroyed, but through it's Janus Key, the Void called to me. It brought me here and here I was reborn. We cannot blame these creatures, they are being led by a false prophet, an impostor who knows not the secrets of the Void. Behold the Tenno, come to scavenge and desecrate this sacred realm. My brothers, did I not tell of this day?
Did I not prophesize this moment? Now, I will stop them. Now I am changed, reborn through the energy of the Janus Key. Forever bound to the Void. Let it be known, if the Tenno want true salvation, they will lay down their arms, and wait for the baptism of my Janus key. It is time. I will teach these trespassers the redemptive power of my Janus key. They will learn it's simple truth. The Tenno are lost, and they will resist. But I, Vor, will cleanse this place of their impurity.Look at them, they come to this place when they know they are not pure. Tenno use the keys, but they are mere trespassers. Only I, Vor, know the true power of the Void. I was cut in half, destroyed, but through it's Janus Key, the Void called to me. It brought me here and here I was reborn. We cannot blame these creatures, they are being led by a false prophet, an impostor who knows not the secrets of the Void. Behold the Tenno, come to scavenge and desecrate this sacred realm. My brothers, did I not tell of this day? Did I not prophesize this moment? Now, I will stop them. Now I am changed, reborn through the energy of the Janus Key. Forever bound to the Void. Let it be known, if the Tenno want true salvation, they will lay down their arms, and wait for the baptism of my Janus key. It is time. I will teach these trespassers the redemptive power of my Janus key. They will learn it's simple truth. The Tenno are lost, and they will resist. But I, Vor, will cleanse this place of their impurity.

Lork

Oct 25, 2017
Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one. Valus Ta'aurc. From what I can gather he commands the Siege Dancers from an Imperial Land Tank outside of Rubicon. He's well protected, but with the right team, we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out, and break their grip on Freehold.
Agent, before we pulled out of the Dark Zone, the brass air-dropped in some SHD tech stations to coordinate local ops. Thing is, those tactical sites are still in there, sitting on all sorts of intel. We want it back, and so does every Rogue agent in the city. We need you to get a team together and download whatever you can from those stations before someone else does.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
"This is how you share your games on Ps4"
"We can't just flip a switch"
"Have you seen Titanfall? Enough said"
"We have a product for those who don't have access to the internet"

Those moments defined this generation