• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is Versus 13 happening?

• Yay, but in a sort of pseudo spiritual successor sort of way

Votes: 321 44.6%
  • Nay, why would it?

Votes: 398 55.4%

• Total voters

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
God dammit. This has been my dream game since fucking highschool and I just turned 30. I don't have time for this god damn bullshit I just want to know if its happening. So far I have seen 3 fucking CG trailers for not-Versus13,
a goddamn walking talking not-Noctis, and a fucking boss fight of a not-Versus13 character using moves from what looks like I dont know what the fuck but it sure as shit isn't Kingdom Hearts and clearly looks like, I dunno, VERUS13.

Is it happening, it feels like its happening.

This is bullshit.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I think it just means KH will get a Versus XIII version of the boys/their world

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, in Kingdom Hearts spin-off form.

Somebody edit the milhouse in pog form gif to say this.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's dead. that spoiler is probably just Nomura rehashing ideas he had for it

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think so. At most they'll use some of the designs and ideas in a different game.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In Final Fantasy VII remake there will be a shop in the slums that will let you play the demo of this with never before seen footage

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_p5egmxkxHF1thxue9o2_r1_500.gifv

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
How can anyone play the ReMind DLC and then say no?
There is going to be some spiritual V13 thing. Be it shoehorned in Kingdom Hearts or as one of KH side games.
It's happening.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
There is going to be some spiritual V13 thing. Be it shoehorned in Kingdom Hearts or as one of KH side games.
It's happening.
I'm thinking the same. Are people just reading the thread title and not aware about base KH3 and Remind Secret ending?

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely happening. It won't be called FF Versus XIII. It won't even be called Final Fantasy. It'll be called whatever is coming next in Kingdom Hearts, but its definitely happening.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
They need to get Billy Zane to voice a character again.
Nope. But I'm sure FFXIV will have some sort of tribute it.....eventually.
Nomura: This is not... The greatest game in the world, noooo... This is just a tribute. Couldn't develop, the greatest game in the world... Nooo-ooo-ah! This is just a tribute...

Last edited:

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Haha, fucking no.

So why Versus anyway? What's the story behind that name?

That is a very very very big question.

It's happening.

I mean if you are willing to completely limit the entire existence of FFv13 to single world in a future KH game which is some sort of meta-commentary on how video games are made, changed and sold and what the characters within said video game think about such things, then use, we'll see Versus 13 again.

But man, what a fucking monkey's paw.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I have two things to say

1. please chill

2. it is absofuckinglutely happening give me the bullshit mr Nomura!!!

Nagito

Oct 25, 2017
The windy city
Looks like the versus13 world will exist in the KH universe but we just don't know how much of it will be in KH and if SE will work on a game for versus13 separately.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
absolutely happening, because nomura is a petty mf, and he's going to will it into existence.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No one can watch the secret ending from Remind and say this is not happening. Nomura recreated that shit from vs13 frame by frame, this + the names, the nameless star, yozora, etc.

It's happening. We are on the train already.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the versus13 world will exist in the KH universe but we just don't know how much of it will be in KH and if SE will work on a game for versus13 separately.
The way the ending of the DLC is presented (with Yozora back in his world, the game making sure to make a deal out of who voices him during the cutscene as opposed to during a credit sequence, and the words "An Oath to Return" at the end) make me think the next non-mobile game will take a step back and center around him as the main character. Maybe show his own adventures, with a final / secret scenario showing the battle between him and Sora from his point of view, and then showing what happens to Sora next. If Disney worlds have to be present in some way, maybe having a more "mature" game can be an excuse to finally get Star Wars and Marvel represented somehow.