• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
I kid you not, its going to be the first game that I boot when I get a PS5

One of my favorite experiences of the gen and Top 3 horror games of all time

To see it running at 60 fps will be total bliss

ArchStanton

Oct 29, 2017
Great party game, too. We played by switching the controller to a new player every time the scene changed to a new character. Pre-Covid, of course.

Fun game.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
It's stupid as hell, in a very intentional, and heartfelt sort of way where it genuinely loves some of its dumb, awesome characters. I felt like I was playing through a raucous first season of an insane TV show or something along those lines. It's the type of horror that effortlessly goes from making you laugh to having you actually worried about a favorite character's fate.

Feels like it was made by people who really love horror, unabashedly, with no need to pretty it up into something prestigious. This game is a good time, OP.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Total blast. My wife and I had great fun swapping the controller between characters (I got Josh killed, she got a few other killed).

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
It is such a fun time. Also, if you have a gf/bf let them join!

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
It's an interactive teen horror film so if that sounds appealing to you at all you will enjoy it a great deal. I definitely did.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
This game made David Cage look like an amateur, it's excellent.

Because it isn't pretentious at all! Cage wants to be respected, and seems to have issues with his chosen medium's reputation; Until Dawn wants you to have a great time, and force you into some seriously difficult decisions to make it have weight. Which ironically ends up with the schlocky horror love letter game doing better things with the medium than the self-serious veteran developer who desperately wants to be lauded by people outside his medium.

Nov 1, 2017
Gimme a poll so I can see that resounding yes. definitely worth playing. The experience of my family sitting and watching, shouting along with what was happening was perfection.

Unfortounately Man of Medan didn't click with us the same way. Little Hope seems interesting though.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Yes, absolutely. And the nice benefit of it running at 60FPS on PS5 just makes it all the better. It's a really great adventure and definitely worth a playthrough, especially if you're playing/enjoying the Dark Pictures Anthology.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Because it isn't pretentious at all! Cage wants to be respected, and seems to have issues with his chosen medium's reputation; Until Dawn wants you to have a great time, and force you into some seriously difficult decisions to make it have weight. Which ironically ends up with the schlocky horror love letter game doing better things with the medium than the self-serious veteran developer who desperately wants to be lauded by people outside his medium.
The thing is that all David Cage games are even more schlocky than Until Dawn. They just start out like interesting high concept dramas but devolve into some of the dumbest schlock in video games.

Aliand

Oct 28, 2017
It is one of the best games on the PS4. If you enjoyed Scream (the movie) jump on it.
Also if you like Hayden Panettiere, even better.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely, it's probably the best game of its kind; way better than Quantic Dream's output.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's one of the most memorable games of last-gen. I thought it was going to suck and I was quite happy to have been wildly wrong.

Salmonax

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoyed playing through blind and dealing with the consequences of my choices. I think it works better as a branching storyline than Quantic Dream games because it's so condensed and doesn't take itself too seriously.

But it's also well-performed and the production values are quite high.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
I had a great time with it when I played it last year through PS Now. It's one of the few games where it actually felt like my choices affected the outcome of the story. The story and horror is completely B-Movie material but the game doesn't take itself seriously at all which I found added to the fun.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've watched several playthroughs of this game and it's kinda chill. I'd recommend it!

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
One of my favorite gaming experiences ever. Man of Medan is a huge step down but there's really nothing like it.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Save it for post-corona so you can gather up some buds. I don't think I'd ever bother playing it alone, but as an unofficial multiplayer game it's one of the best.

Assign each person their own character that they play as and watch the chaos unfold. Few games have had me yelling as much as Until Dawn, and I was legit pissed at my friend for fucking up the ending at the last minute.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
On PS4 it's not, even with a PS4 Pro as the frame rate is abysmal. But on PS5 it runs so much better and makes the game well worth trying out, especially if you have it for free with the PS Plus Collection

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
Yeah I had a great time with it. Only a tiny number of choices actually had real consequences but it was good at convincing you otherwise.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Until dawn is loads of fun. Even more if you play with friends