• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
My sincerest condolences to whoever runs the Limited Run Games twitter account until this gets officially announced.

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'd buy it, 1000%.

I remember liking it a lot when I first played it and I'm hoping that it's held up since release. Also that Anamanaguchi soundtrack still bangs.

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
People don't know how good this game is. Being Canadian and Another Winter in Toronto, you can definitely feel it.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I would legitimately cry if I got to play the first level of that game again, hearing "Another Winter" and beating up random Canadians with my friends.

Technically I can do that IRL if I carpool 30 minutes north with my friends and a wireless speaker, but it's not the same.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Never read the graphic novels, but I loved the movie and always wanted to give this game a shot. I hope it does get a re-release.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Oh cool. I'd be down to play this again, my old roommate had it on his Xbox and took it with him when he moved out the selfish bastard

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Never read the graphic novels, but I loved the movie and always wanted to give this game a shot. I hope it does get a re-release.
Read them. It's a surprisingly complex story that completely flew over my head when I first read it at 14 because "wow cool video game".

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
how does the movie get a rerelease when everything is shutdown?

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Don't do this to me.

Oh my GOD!

Make Mr. Chau playable, you cowards
Make him easy to rematch too! I got my ass handed to me the first time, and I didn't find him again for the rest of the game!

---

I've actually never watched the movie, but I read the graphic novels, and they're fantastic.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Never played it so don't know what I'm missing but it always looked gorgeous.

The closest parallel is River City Ransom but there is a ton of references to other games and pop culture. Enemies drop coins when you defeat them which can be used to upgrade your character with new moves, or food that restores health in various shops littered throughout each of the stages. The games progression is more stage based focused instead of a semi-open world like the River City Ransom games.

Also upon beating a stage you are sent to a world map which is a total riff off the same map design from Super Mario Bros. 3
overworld-screen.PNG

Mechanically it's decent game, but it in my opinion it doesn't reach the same heights of other beat'em ups like Streets of Rage Remake (or 4), Fight'N'Rage or something like Guardian Heroes. Definitely worth playing for the excellent art and music though.

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Will definitely buy again if that happens, though playing River City Girls recently mostly scratched this itch. Fantastic game for anyone looking to play something similar and with a bit more polish

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Make him easy to rematch too! I got my ass handed to me the first time, and I didn't find him again for the rest of the game!
Ah, that sucks! D:

I don't remember him being super difficult, but I actually like the idea of really hard secret battles. Gives the game a bit more longevity, IMHO

Maybe a difficulty setting for secret encounters would be a simple solution?

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Do it Ubi. I double dog dare you. I lost my PS3 and I can't play it anymore.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Hope this happens. Never got to buy the full game but I played the demo dozens of times

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Ubi can make millions with those AAA frachises but I want Scott Pilgrim and a new Ubiart Rayman game 🙌🏽

Oct 27, 2017
I love this game, played a crap-ton of it. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

They'd better do a physical version too. Preferably a mass market one. That way it's always out there if it gets delisted again.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I'd try it. Would be curious to see if it lives up to the legendary status it has attained since it was pulled from digital storefronts

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I almost feel like they got the theater rerelease organized just to convince whatever entity is blocking the game to let them release it on modern consoles hahaha

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I so want this, but at the same time I feel like it's been surpassed. Games like Streets of Rage 4, and especially River City Girls and Fight N Rage feel similar but better in many ways imo. Highly unlikely, but if this game gets a second chance I hope it at least gets some QoL and smaller additions.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully if it happens they'll fix up the netcode. Would be a great co-op game if they do.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Please let this be true. I bought it on ps3 and 360, and would not hesitate to triple dip on switch.

shotopunx

Nov 21, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Owned this on PS3 and lost it when it de-listed. I love this game, but I can't see myself buying it again, because I'm still pissed off about losing a game I paid for.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Please re-release it so I can attempt beating the game fair and square this time rather than grinding money for Wallace's secret shop so I could cheese the final boss

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
It'd be cool to see a rerelease, but I was sadly never a huge fan of it. I didn't enjoy the RPG and getting coins to buy stuff aspects of it. Another Winter is an absolutely amazing song though, and the whole OST is fantastic.

I still have this on PS3. I hope a rerelease touches up the game some and isn't just a bare bones affair. Online coop and revamped difficulty would really elevate this game higher.
It did get online co-op eventually, but I dunno if it still works. It was awful from what little I played of it though.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The game definitely oozed style and was fun so it'll be nice to see it come back. With RCG and SoR4 giving a nice boost to the genre it'll be nice to have Scott Pilgrim come out again and hopefully get more devs seeing that the beat em up genre still has a solid consumer base