• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just love the part where Homer goes back in time

"Look at that! I'm the first non Brazilian person to travel backwards through time"
"Correction Homer. You are the second."
"That's right, Mr. Peabody!"
"Quiet you!"

Or Grampa's advise to him on his wedding day.

So perfect.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I literally just rewatched it last night. I tend to think it has two of the best shorts, and one that's pretty good (cafeteria one).

So I'll say yes. Flanders as the devil is the other all time classic.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
im a big fan of ToH 2

"the turkeys a little dry... THE TURKEYS A LITTLE DRY??!?"

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If that's the one with the Shinning, than yes.

And I STILL have never gotten a definitive answer to what that "first non-Brazilian to time travel" joke refers to...

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
If that's the one with the Shinning, than yes.

And I STILL have never gotten a definitive answer to what that "first non-Brazilian to time travel" joke refers to...

The line was originally "first non-fictional," but I believe Dan changed it to "first non-Brazilian" in the booth.

The most accepted explanation I think is there was some Brazilian cartoon about time traveling.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
this halloween im gonna watch 1-8 back to back

and im gonna eat too much candy

so no difference from regular days

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
I just love the part where Homer goes back in time

"Look at that! I'm the first non Brazilian person to travel backwards through time"
"Correction Homer. You are the second."
"That's right, Mr. Peabody!"
"Quiet you!"

This was originally going to be "first non-fictional person" and it was changed, much to Groening's confusion.

Apparently he liked the first one and didn't know what the final joke even meant. Honestly, neither do I, but it cracks me up each time.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know which one it was, but the one where they blend the school kids into hamburgers fucked me up good when I was a kid

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
Treehouse of Horror IV is the best of the bunch. It has Bart Simpson's Dracula and The Devil and Homer Simpsons. Treehouse V only has the Shinning.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
It's a god-tier episode. Treehouse of Horror III is also phenomenal with:

Clown Without Pity
The Chucky parody with the Krusty doll (and the immortal cursed frogurt bit).

King Homer
Maybe the best exchange in the entire history of the show here:

Carl: Hey, I heard we're goin' to Ape Island.
Lenny: Yeah, to capture a giant ape. I wished we were going to Candy Apple Island.
Charlie: Candy Apple Island? What do they got there?
Carl: Apes. But they're not so big.

Dial "Z" for Zombies

Bart: Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!
Homer: He was a zombie?

Lisa: Dad, we did something very bad!
Homer: Did you wreck the car?
Bart: No.
Homer: Did you raise the dead?
Lisa: Yes!
Homer: But the car's okay?
Lisa/Bart: Uh-huh.
Homer: All right then.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I like when Dracula, the mummy, and the creature from the black lagoon carry Homer out of the pantry.

Jul 5, 2019
The second portion has one of my favorite jokes in the show.
"Marge, pass me a donut."
"What's a donut?"
(shriek)
(donuts begin to rain from the sky)
"Oh, it's raining."

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
im a big fan of ToH 2

"the turkeys a little dry... THE TURKEYS A LITTLE DRY??!?"
4xIpUhZLy6aVv1vfyfCWbCRyQ7E=.gif

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, and seeing the title, I had no idea which Treehouse of Horror episode is what but my thought process was, "Oh, ToH V is within the golden era so this at least was pretty good. If it was the episode with the Shinning and the time toaster, I'd totally agree. Wait a minute, is that ToH V?" And then it totally is.

Excuse me

Oct 30, 2017
Somebody has to take the hard task of creating poll during halloween . Best Tree House episode or best segment.
Best segment would actually be more interesting, or maybe not.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Nah, TOH VI is the best. The Shinning, Homer 3D, and Attack of the 50 ft Eyesore are all great.

Jan 3, 2018
It's a god-tier episode. Treehouse of Horror III is also phenomenal with:

Clown Without Pity
The Chucky parody with the Krusty doll (and the immortal cursed frogurt bit).

King Homer
Maybe the best exchange in the entire history of the show here:

Carl: Hey, I heard we're goin' to Ape Island.
Lenny: Yeah, to capture a giant ape. I wished we were going to Candy Apple Island.
Charlie: Candy Apple Island? What do they got there?
Carl: Apes. But they're not so big.

Dial "Z" for Zombies

Bart: Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!
Homer: He was a zombie?

Lisa: Dad, we did something very bad!
Homer: Did you wreck the car?
Bart: No.
Homer: Did you raise the dead?
Lisa: Yes!
Homer: But the car's okay?
Lisa/Bart: Uh-huh.
Homer: All right then.

Haha, agreed.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somebody has to take the hard task of creating poll during halloween . Best Tree House episode or best segment.
Best segment would actually be more interesting, or maybe not.
The first ~10 episodes are all great so the focus could be there. There have been some other good episodes here and there over the years but nothing compares to that 90s ToH run.

Excuse me

Oct 30, 2017
The first ~10 episodes are all great so the focus could be there. There have been some other good episodes here and there over the years but nothing compares to that 90s ToH run.
Yeah, it would probably make sense. Listing all the episodes would be work for nothing, since most wouldn't even consider giving them a vote. But poll about segments instead episodes would be better imo, results might be bit more interesting.

Last edited:

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
It's up there with the likes of Treehouse of Horror VI and Treehouse of Horror VII for me personally.
If I have any others I liked and remember to talk about , I'll edit this post to mention them!

Benjamin

Nov 11, 2017
I always assumed the Brazilian joke was mocking the Brazilian claim to be the original home of flying, as opposed to the Wright brothers. Therefore non-brazilian inventions/firsts are the default true firsts.

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
I always assumed the Brazilian joke was mocking the Brazilian claim to be the original home of flying, as opposed to the Wright brothers. Therefore non-brazilian inventions/firsts are the default true firsts.
I always thought it nothing more than a non sequitur; that Homer had a tortured understanding of reality. I find this much funnier than "non-fictional person."

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Treehouse 3 is my personal favorite.

"The doll's trying to kill me and the toaster's been laughing at me"

"I think women and seamen don't mix." "We know what YOU think."

gnomed

Oct 28, 2017
US
The Shinning is V. VI has the Groundskeeper Willie Freddy Kruger story, but it is also very good.
Nah, TOH VI is the best. The Shinning, Homer 3D, and Attack of the 50 ft Eyesore are all great.
I totally love TOH VI, especially Homer 3D. The music and the sense of dread from Homer. And that ending with Homer going for erotic cakes. He was in some kind of nihilistic and existential hell. It now is a strange nostalgia trip for me whenever I see it.

A once obscure joke to a movie everyone forgot at that point in time
Homer: Did anyone see the movie Tron?
Everyone says no. Wiggum says no twice.
Rolls back to Chief Wiggum
Wiggum: Yeeees. I mean no.

For the longest, I thought the non-Brazilian quote was a reference to the movie Brazil. Then I saw the movie and still think it was.