• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Well, it's definitely pretty cursed. I'd probably be running for my life if a turtle that huge ran up like that

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I've personally never seen a turtle/tortoise that big moving that fast. Most I've seen barely move much less walk.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Absolutely fake.

Edit: There is a TikTok account making fake tortoise videos like this. One had a tortoise jumping into a blow up pool. I'd imagine this video came from that same account.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I feel like the giveaway is the environment. What the hell kind of a palace is that? I would bet it's all 3D rendered.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Looks fake. I've seen tortoise move "fast" before and it was nothing like that. That looks too floaty, maybe worth Corridor Crew to check out.

I can see a shadow from a person on right hand side that moves around too.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
It's fake, that's the dr strange show space at California adventures. Now whether it's robot turtles or just cgi, I dunno.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The shadows don't match. The ones crossing over the tortoises are perpendicular beams, while the ground ones seem to be more like foliage.

Jan 3, 2018
Od4Fp2E.jpg

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Definitely fake for a few reasons

1. They all had the same animation

2. Footstep sounds seem to be completely random and erratic

3. Shadows on tortoise shells are higher in contrast /mismatched compared to the floor

Would love to know if the place that was at is real or not though. Beautiful

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You totally see that it is fake.
The way they "run" and especially the plastic look and lightning are telling.
Still funny video

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
We live in the age of deepfake tortoises*

*tortoises aren't turtles people!

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
According to the comments it's CGI from this Instagram artist-
www.itsnicethat.com

Vernon James C. Manlapaz on his fantastical and truly believable animations

Vernon's animations are surreal and mind-bogglingly realistic. He talks us through how he first became interested in animation watching The Lion King as a four year old in Manila and how that's led to becoming an animator today.
www.thisiscolossal.com

Delight-Inducing Augmented Reality Videos by Vernon James Manlapaz Combine Everyday Scenery with Fantastical Interlopers

Everyday spaces like street markets, city sidewalks, and restaurants become fantastical playlands in the mind of Vernon James Manlapaz. The designer, who has several years of experience in animation and visual effects, creates delight-inducing augmented realities that he shares on Instagram wi

"Manlapaz tells Colossal that his digital creations are a combination of pre-planned concepts and spontaneous inspiration. The designer always keeps his phone and 360 camera on hand so he can capture footage for scenery at any time."

Oct 25, 2017
Considering that's literally Doctor Strange's Sanctum at Disney's California Adventure themepark, I'm gonna guess that there are not really a bunch of turtles running at insane speeds in there

UWqhjXO.jpg

Last edited: