• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Katakuri was straight up Wheel Kirby this episode lol

wheelmomentum.gif

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Oof... not gonna lie, that was awesome. I stopped watching the anime almost 10 years ago and have been reading the manga exclusively ever since then. Scenes like these almost make me want to start watching again.
Then I think about how they adapt less than a chapter per episode and am fine with sticking to the manga and watching some snippets that are animated like this.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly this. The series is at it's best when the crew is together and that just isn't happening post time-skip.

Alabasta remains the height of the series for me, followed closely by Water 7 and Thriller Bark.

It's shame OP has lost that sense of unity and adventure for me, but it's winding now so it's only natural.

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Always great to see top tier moments animated. I still long for the days of filler arcs when you could essentially treat the anime like it was on break and come back to well-paced episodes.

Exactly this. The series is at it's best when the crew is together and that just isn't happening post time-skip.

I don't really understand this. One Piece has never kept the crew together as a rule. They always get split up into smaller groups.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Oh snap. They animated this part already? Didn't this just happen in the manga last year?

I don't really keep up with One Piece anymore (stopped around Christmas 330 or so) but I remember someone mentioning Luffy getting bodied in the manga. I read it and the art was good but the panels were just too busy for me.

The animated it beautifully though.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh snap. They animated this part already? Didn't this just happen in the manga last year?

I don't really keep up with One Piece anymore (stopped around Christmas 330 or so) but I remember someone mentioning Luffy getting bodied in the manga. I read it and the art was good but the panels were just too busy for me.

The animated it beautifully though.

Snakeman Luffy was February 2018, so almost a year ago.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
Soon.
the crew is all on Wano. Just waiting to reunite now.

Yeah, I'm a manga reader too. Looking forward to that day lol. Even when it happens we've gone years like this. Even if we were in the world of One Piece, you go a little over two years without seeing your friends and when you do, you get to Fishman Island and split up almost instantly!

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I don't really understand this. One Piece has never kept the crew together as a rule. They always get split up into smaller groups.
They have never split up to go to completely different locations before the time-skip. They were always on the same island and split up to accomplish certain goals or defeat certain foes. And my favourite parts were always them just chilling on the flying lamb together. They haven't been travelling together on the ship for years now.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
Oh, man, One Piece sakuga always feels so good. Can't wait to watch the episode later tonight.

Hard to believe it's been a year since Snake Man.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
They have never split up to go to completely different locations before the time-skip. They were always on the same island and split up to accomplish certain goals or defeat certain foes. And my favourite parts were always them just chilling on the flying lamb together. They haven't been travelling together on the ship for years now.

The most current arc reunites them for the first time in years IRL. They split up near the beginning of the Dressrosa arc in mid 2013, and now are all present in Wano as of 2018 (all but Sanji were present together at Zou, but that was very brief)

Friggz

Oct 27, 2017
i havent watched one piece since episode ~500 or so. has there been world about how much longer they plan to go with the show?

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One day when I'm old and disabled I will watch all of One Piece and finally witness the Great Anime.

Until then these videos are still plenty entertaining without context. That's a fast donut!

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
The animation this episode was great. Happy that the fight seems to end soon. Was going on for too long.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I used to love the anime but had to stop watching when they started to change the pacing to 0.75-1 chapter per episode. Every event gets stretched out (/drum roll) and loses all tension with horrible pacing and 10 million reaction shots. The only way I could stomach Fishman Island was to watch the One Pace version, I hope something is done like that for Big Mom arc but I haven't checked in a long time.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
How has One Piece gone for this long and not gone to complete shit like so many other long running shonen series out there?

OP
OP
Principate

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Loved that fight. The animation kicked some ass.

Still not gonna watch the anime consistently tho.

...yes. lol
This is too harsh this like less than half the fight, the fight itself is well animated and takes up over half the episode. There just some poor quality flashback filler and Sanji filler that makes up the rest.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The stretch after this though is back to-back entertaining stuff with some of the best chapters this manga's in the mini-arc.
Though the Reverie stuff also literally included places in the manga where they remind people of what went on with certain characters, and you just know they're going to stretch that the fuck out in the anime

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The stretch after this though is back to-back entertaining stuff with some of the best chapters this manga's in the mini-arc.
I thought the chase was stretched a bit thin, but then again that is one of the things animation helps with.
Yeah the next arc is hella entertaining and interesting.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
but the reason the team is split up so often is to not pay every main strawhat voice actor every episode for sure ! right? at least thats my theory why this happens all the time.