• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PS5 or Xbox Series X Start Up Sound

• PS5

• Xbox Series X

Results are only viewable after voting.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Just like the consoles...they are pretty similiar.

You will likely only hear these after a full reboot. 90% of people just put their Xboxes and PlayStations on sleep mode which bypasses the start ups entirely.

Yeah I do this for the most part unless I know I won't be using my console for awhile. These consoles should boot up even faster though from full power off. Its cool like the first time but I just want to not have to wait through something like this at all. :)

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I think I like the higher pitch of the Series X startup at the beginning.

Gives it a more fantastical vibe, if that makes any sense. lol

nny

Oct 25, 2017
An orchestra tuning up is a genius startup sound...they should have stuck to it.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Eh, they're both really similar. Maybe I'll give the edge to Series X for having a hint of the 360 boot up in there

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Give me the option for this..

MNcIl5y.jpg

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
both sound very similar.

i'm going with XSX.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
In general I like the Xbox Series X one more, but I really like that bass note in the PS5 one at the end instead of just fizzling out like the Xbox one.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
The PS5 one does kinda remind me of PS1/PS2 so it's got that nostalgia factor a bit. In reality though they're both just.... Sounds. Don't really have a preference..

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I don't think that's PS5 start up sound.
That's good for the reveal announcement, but you don't want that much emphasis each time you turn on your console. Too grand, mysterious and suspenseful.

If it's indeed the start up sound, it's completely wrong. Xbox's sounds A LOT more like something I'd expect from Sony, actually. Much more elegant.

And no, they sound nothing alike.

toad02

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
The PS5 has a noise similar to a step sound (starting at 0:05) with a 3D reverb effect which is quite cool.
You should be able to hear if you are wearing headphones. You can clearly hear it traveling from your left to your back.

nath999

May 7, 2018
They sound similar but the series X sounds more modern and pleasing, the playstation sounds very ps2 era.

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
I assume I will hear this so rarely that I dont care. I imagine it only plays when the console fully reboots, and not wakes up from rest mode or whatever they call it.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
xbox sounds pretentious
playstation gives you a sense of wonder

sony wins

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
I like them both.
Really hope Xbox includes that last part sound. It reminds me of PS1 and the great old days.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
they sound pretty much the same and quite boring, not that you'll ever likely hear them. I have had a PS4 for four years now and I honestly couldn't tell you if it even has a start up sound, let alone what it sounds like.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
That PS1 startup jingle is the most amazing ever. The trailing tones at the end are seared into my brain. It's like i'm getting ready to play twisted metal all over again..

DammitLloyd

Oct 25, 2017
You'll probably only hear it once, unless you never use the rest option and just completely turn it off every time.