• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

This movie showed that Charlie Chaplin could step out of silent films and make voiced movies and he did so brilliantly with The Great Dictator.

I love this speech. It speaks to the very heart of humanity and that we can all strive to be better, make a difference and it's never stopped being relevant.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's a damn good speech.

I'll admit I'm partial to the Hans Zimmer edit:

www.youtube.com

[Best Version] The Great Dictator Speech - Charlie Chaplin + Time - Hans Zimmer (INCEPTION Theme)

- PLEASE READ -Charlie Chaplin's speech from "The Great Dictator" together with Hans Zimmer's "Time" from the movie "INCEPTION" = EPIC!!!Important note: This...

And because Star Wars is everywhere

www.youtube.com

Darth Vader's Greatest Speech Ever Made

In his final moments, Anakin Skywalker recalls the days of The Clone Wars in the arms of his son.A visual representation of Charlie Chaplin's famous speech f...

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit

This movie showed that Charlie Chaplin could step out of silent films and make voiced movies and he did so brilliantly with The Great Dictator.

I love this speech. It speaks to the very heart of humanity and that we can all strive to be better, make a difference and it's never stopped being relevant.

It's a fantastic speech and still relevant a century on.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Still relevant, timeless

Oct 28, 2017

What makes it great is its timelessness over 80 years later. It is also what makes it tragic.

FolderBrad

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the A Scent of a Woman speech when I was kid. Not sure it holds up. Don't think the movie does, at least.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

j_rocca42

Oct 25, 2017
PNW
Fuck yeeeaaaahhhhh

I used to work for a rather large mortgage lender and they have a video of the owner dubbing himself into this speech to sell mortgages. It's honestly so cringe worthy that I was actually rather impressed lol
Lmao. Sounds great. Love this move and this speech still get me pumped up.

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
I knew this was going to be The Great Dictator before I even clicked on the thread.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Apologies for the quality, but I've always loved this scene of John Hurt's character delivering a valedictorian speech at the Harvard commencement and absolutely killing it, eliciting laughter from the boys, giggles from the girls, and harrumphs from the faculty -and I have NO GODDAM IDEA WHAT THE FUCK HE'S EVEN SAYING! The speech is utterly impenetrable nonsense. I just can't get over it.

yotsuben

Just one more thing...
Oct 25, 2017
PA

Maybe it's cause I love Keaton but I was never much for Chaplin. But this clip above from The Third Man. Good lord, it tells you everything about a person. It's chilling.

This one, right here. I know people might be looking for something more inspirational, especially right now, but this monologue is sharp, relevant to the immediate moment in more ways than one. The Third Man is a classic.