• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
zvVZ363.jpg

i saw it at the dollar tree

i recognize the authors name at least but I couldn't tell you a single thing he's written

or just make this thread of what video game books are good

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Zahn is great. He wrote the Thrawn books. I wouldn't read a Star-craft book though so who knows.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Zahn wrote the Heir to the Empire trilogy of Star Wars novels, the books that feature a blue dude named Thrawn after the end of Return of the Jedi. I think it was sort of well regarded? No idea how this Starcraft book is.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Zahn wrote the Heir to the Empire trilogy of Star Wars novels, the books that feature a blue dude named Thrawn after the end of Return of the Jedi. I think it was sort of well regarded? No idea how this Starcraft book is.
the thrawn books are like a revival point for the whole franchise because of how good they were

i can't speak to the quality of this book but he's a very talented author

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
If you are into Diablo / Warcraft / Starcraft, then yes, all lore books are worth their regular prices, let alone on sale. :)

duckvalentine

Reporter at IGN
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
you're at the dollar tree? maybe make sure there's not like, a *really cool hat* or a nice cooking pot that only costs a dollar. especially if you only have one dollar to spend.

but otherwise hell yeah, video game book for a dollar.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
The only Starcraft novel I have read was Liberty's Crusade, a novel so abjectly terrible it made me permanently swear off media tie-in novels of all kinds. It was an awful rehash of the Terran campaign from Starcraft 1 from the perspective of a journalist who felt like a creepy author self-insert character who pushed aside Jim Raynor as the main protagonist and romanced Kerrigan. However, that novel was written by Jeff Grubb, otherwise known for writting terrible D&D adventure modules. I would sincerely hope this novel you are considering buying would be of better quality than that.

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Echoing that I can't speak to the quality of this book, but Zahn is phenomenal.