• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Judge for yourself
youtu.be

Marvel's Daredevil - Hallway Fight 60fps FI - sub ESP

The first jaw-dropping brawl between Daredevil and the Russian mob. The most remarkable aspect of this scene is that it's a oner and that it seems to be a tr...
Oh yeah , It's definitely the best Oldboy hallway fight inspired scene . Probably the best TV fight scene in a billion years.

I just meant that I've always been confused why people started calling this a Daredevil hallway scene. OldBoy isn't really an unknown movie or anything

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Oh yeah , It's definitely the best Oldboy hallway fight inspired scene . Probably the best TV fight scene in a billion years.

I just meant that I've always been confused why people started calling this a Daredevil hallway scene. OldBoy isn't really an unknown movie or anything
Just more mainstream and recent I think.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The Daredevil scene was good back in the day but a lot of that perception came from the fact that it was a television show, and that people never expected something like that.

The sentai scene is really great.

You can't even compare budgets. US TV costs much more to make than the average Asian production. Some countries can make 10 to 20 episodes of a show off the budget of 1 Daredevil episode.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Another thing to note is those helmets have shit visibility. They're rehearsing everything without helmets, then slapping them on with small slits, or holes all over the black eye parts, depending on how visible they are during filming. Its truly impressive shit.

There was a small internet special that detailed what it looks like from inside the helmets for one series but I can't find the screenshots for the life of me.
The stunt work is super interesting, because they have to do the moves, know the lines, and sell the toys

www.youtube.com

セイバーアクションVコンテ#1

セイバーアクションVコンテ(ビデオコンテ)#1出演者浅井宏輔・永徳・中田裕士・小森拓真(RED)AC監督:渡辺淳セイバー柏木組37話のアクションVコンテ!!撮影前にアクションのアイデア出し、実際の撮影では、みんながこうしてお芝居をしてますどのシーンかは是非、37話を見返してみて下さい!!

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
This feels like it fits in the One Cut of the Dead cinematic universe.
captain-america-i-understood-that-reference.gif

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
The tablet toss up the stairs and then the camera jumping (?) out the window to keep following the action did it for me. The former just because the whole thing is done if they miss, the latter because wtf (I would not be surprised if there were cuts before both, though).

Also, I haven't watched these sorts of shows, why don't the bad guys seem armed while the good guys have laser beams? Did I miss something?

JetEagle

Dec 21, 2020
Australia
A great scene! A bit unfair to compare to Daredevil, different budgets trying to different things.

I bet if you make a ratio of fun to watch vs budget spent, then this blows it out of the water lol

Yeah, a great way to look at it 😁

Green Ranger is a savage my word. One of those goons got got.

I had the same thought! Goes in for the kill on one putty, rather than grab the mcguffin Lol

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
The tablet toss up the stairs and then the camera jumping (?) out the window to keep following the action did it for me. The former just because the whole thing is done if they miss, the latter because wtf (I would not be surprised if there were cuts before both, though).

Also, I haven't watched these sorts of shows, why don't the bad guys seem armed while the good guys have laser beams? Did I miss something?
That season's grunts weapons would have gotten in the way
latest

Oct 29, 2017
Al that work choreographing a fight and then the cinematographer and art director are like, " no need to dress the set or light it, lets just add some cardboard boxes and use whatever we find as is"

Oct 27, 2017
The Raid: Rangers. I mean yeah, that was a bit messy but overall pretty entertaining.

Shooting thru the ceiling to get the enemy on the second floor was cool

That was pretty dope honestly.

WHY DOES NO ONE MENTION THE OLDBOY REMAKE FIGHT SCENE THO, HUH!?1?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdQLC_uYbCA

Because obviously the best part of the original iteration was how Oh Dae-su was an unstoppable superhuman killing machine.

This movie was so garbage and I'm not even opposed to remakes on principle. Talk about a movie where everyone involved was not getting it. He never gets tired, and the injury is nothing. It's funny how much this misses the point.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 28, 2017
The stunt work is super interesting, because they have to do the moves, know the lines, and sell the toys

www.youtube.com

セイバーアクションVコンテ#1

セイバーアクションVコンテ(ビデオコンテ)#1出演者浅井宏輔・永徳・中田裕士・小森拓真(RED)AC監督:渡辺淳セイバー柏木組37話のアクションVコンテ!!撮影前にアクションのアイデア出し、実際の撮影では、みんながこうしてお芝居をしてますどのシーンかは是非、37話を見返してみて下さい!!

Tokusatsu just fucking rules. I wish western hero stuff would take notes from them, just like when Koichi Sakamoto would get hired to work on Power Rangers to spice it up.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Yellow shooting that dude through the ceiling was pretty fucking nuts

It's no Oldboy, but yeah, it shits on Daredevil

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
We can talk about the breakout villain, Yodonna. She got her own spinoff movie
www.youtube.com

Villainess Yodonna - Mashin Sentai Kiramager

The ruthless Yodonna plans to subdue the human race and will accept nothing but victory. She is relentless and very confident that her hour of glory is appro...
ExemplaryShamelessAntlion-max-1mb.gif

She shares my view of humanity! (That it's great how when crushed by their own terror they supply us with Dark Energy!)

Those villain costumes are killer.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
She shares my view of humanity! (That it's great how when crushed by their own terror they supply us with Dark Energy!)

Those villain costumes are killer.
I been wanting to do a thread, you would not believe the thought that goes into these costumes. Like this one, this looks like a goofy crossing guard monster and it kinda is. But is based on the Yokai Nurikabe

NurikabeRev2-637x320.jpg

And they do a whole backstory and art for the aspects of the suits and weapons the monster uses
latest

loco

Jan 6, 2021
WHY DOES NO ONE MENTION THE OLDBOY REMAKE FIGHT SCENE THO, HUH!?1?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdQLC_uYbCA

Because obviously the best part of the original iteration was how Oh Dae-su was an unstoppable superhuman killing machine.

Not a fan of "wait in line" or "everyone take their turn" fight choreography. Ever see a prison riot on YouTube? The bad ass goes down immediately because 5 people went at him at once.

Also I'll give myself the /nofunallowed.gif in advance for you.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was I supposed to be impressed by the Daredevil scene? I do remember enjoying the show but that hallway scene wasn't anything special compared to stuff in top tier action movies like The Raid. Even Cobra Kai has a one take fight that was more memorable

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of "wait in line" or "everyone take their turn" fight choreography. Ever see a prison riot on YouTube? The bad ass goes down immediately because 5 people went at him at once.

I'm not a fan of literally anything in that version lol. Just terrible.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
There is another great bit of a fight on Kiramaiger, but can't find it at the moment. When on the ground the Red and Silver rangers are fighting some regular enemies while on the background the mech is fighting a giant enemy and there is interaction between both scenes. Just really great looking stuff, specially when one considers how quick and cheap these shows are made.

For those who may not know, a Sentai show is about 45 to 50 episodes a year, with rarely any clip shows.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
The daredevil hallway was already just a riff on the Oldboy hallway scene, it bothers me slightly when people refer to it as if it's a point of reference.

Seriously! I like Daredevil and all but it's annoying as hell when everyone acts like it's the OG instead of a homage. The original is a classic and probably Josh Brolin's best film.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019

The beginning of that fight is especially funny with a couple guys in the back just swinging at air.

The "wait your turn" type group fights can be goofy but have been part of some good movies, where it's done a lot better. I mean in this case when they do attack Brolin he's just no-selling everything anyway.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, can someone tell me why tweet embeds aren't loading for me on this site and this site only...for days?

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Man they really stopped caring about the costumes, visible zippers everywhere on their backs. They used to at least try to hide this stuff.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Was the part where the minion grabs an ass cheek and pets it a little in the script or was that ad-lib?

7Xs1q2R.png

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Man they really stopped caring about the costumes, visible zippers everywhere on their backs. They used to at least try to hide this stuff.
They were trying something new with the season, the small monsters and the grunts were deliberately under designed

www.youtube.com

Kiramai Silver First Battle

Kiramai Silver First BattleI do not own this content. All rights belong to ToeiPlease Like, Share, Comment and Subscribe

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The part that impresses me the most is when Orange goes through the window. Somehow the camera goes through the window before the actors go through the window. If there's a cut, they hide it very well. But then the camera "jumps" down with them, but isn't landing on the mat? I wonder how they did all that!