• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
When I came out of The Rise of Skywalker a few days ago, I was actually pretty happy with it. It had all of my favorite characters, cool scenes, and a happy ending.

Now that I've had time with this movie, and the more I think about it, I genuinely think it's arguably the worst movie in the entire franchise. It feels like a movie that tried to fit 5-6 hours into 2, and felt like a movie designed to please people on the internet who didn't like this movie.

As someone who liked The Force Awakens and thought The Last Jedi was pretty good, after giving it some though I think the trilogy overall is the worst trilogy in the series. Obviously episode 4, 5, and 6 are the gold standard. The prequel trilogy has a lot of bad moments, but I actually thought the story told was a bit more coherent than the sequels.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing in TROS is as bad as Jar Jar, or the Sand convo, none of the acting is as bad as the prequel acting

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This timeline where people think the prequels aren't absolute dog shit is weird

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Hot take: Is is the best trilogy.

OG trilogy is massively overrated.

(Prequels are still worst, but I enjoy them anyways.)

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Daisy Ridley is 10 times the actor Hayden is/was. That alone makes the sequels better. You can't have a lead who is as boring as a rock.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well it feels ultimately pointless, so for that alone it's worse.

It just took all of Anakin and Luke's achievements, gave them to Rey and ended where Return of the Jedi left off.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Eh that's a pretty bad take imo. TFA was better then the entire prequel trilogy by itself, and TLJ is at worst the second best movie. Shame it had to end how it did.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like the sequels have damaged the Star Wars brand much more than the prequels did, that's for sure.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Considering TLJ is a mostly brilliant film, I'm gonna disagree.

OP
OP
Proven

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe I come to Star Wars for different things, but I would say the Darth Maul sequences in 1 and the last hour of 3 are better than anything I saw in the sequels

zeitgeist

Oct 27, 2017
The best film in the prequels (TPM) is still much, much worse than the weakest film in the sequel trilogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.