• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dog Weissman

Banned
Sep 12, 2020
Imagine, like, a Mafia Don at the head of a table in a big fancy establishment. The family's having a sit down to discuss business among other things. People begin to shuffle in and one of the mob guys approaches the Don and they embrace affectionately and exchange kisses on the cheek. Not forgetting to pay respect, the other mob guy kisses the Don's ring before shuffling off to sit down. A procession of Soprano's type mob guys each approach the Don to greet and to acknowledge. These exchanges become more and more sexually tense as the procession continues. One of the mob guys and the Don go in for the double cheek kiss and pause for just a split second as their lips are directly across from one another. There's a stilted, stuttery sort of laugh shared between them and the mob guy peels himself away.

yada yada yada it goes on and ends with the Don getting his pinky sucked by Joey Pants who ironically is not wearing pants.

I went kayaking last night chumps. Thanks a lot. That means I get to stay up tonight and do all the weed and play all the games.

Bionic

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, jokes that can be summed up as "doing things that look gay is funny" are pretty hackneyed at this point. The escalating politeness could be funny if you took it in a new direction. But "guys who you'd assume are straight, doing things that look gay" does feel trite at this point.

OP
OP
Dog Weissman

Dog Weissman

Banned
Sep 12, 2020
Yeah, jokes that can be summed up as "doing things that look gay is funny" are pretty hackneyed at this point. The escalating politeness could be funny if you took it in a new direction. But "guys who you'd assume are straight, doing things that look gay" does feel trite at this point.

See, that's not where the humor comes from for me. It's the association I have with The Soprano's and Italian American mobsters being portrayed as insecure and overly concerned with machismo. The stereotype of the homophobic macho mob guy is broken down. It's more a comment on the repression in people like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.