• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is this a Dino Crisis Easter Egg?

• Indubitably

Votes: 207 18.2%
  • How many times must we go through this

Votes: 931 81.8%

• Total voters

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In all seriousness I think a remake/reboot would be the way to go. Let's you start fresh while keeping things fans like without having to force yourself down the same exact path the prior games did. Dino Stalker and DC3 don't really need to come back.
I'm in the same thought, hopefully so is Capcom. I want it to be in VR as well but RE2 and RE3 over the shoulder is so good but so is REVII.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Dino Crisis Remake happens but it's as slow and plodding as the RE2make.

While DC2 was basically a full on action game, original Dino Crisis wasn't any more action-ey than the RE2 remake.

Hell, RE2remake but find&replace zombies with raptors and Mr.X with a T-rex would definitely sell, let's be real.

Mr. T-rex

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland

It's happening.

Us fans will have our day.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be positive and say maybe. Could be nothing or simply a nod. It's not that uncommon for devs to wink toward something they don't have an okay on. Maybe the positive reaction to re2 and 3 is making Capcom consider giving Dino Crisis a remake as well. If that were to pull in numbers maybe all kinds of doors would open. I do think DC is the right step forward though as far as remakes go. Not RE4 or CV.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I appreciate how much you want a remake, but I don't think there's any hidden message there.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
It could be.
I can't see why they'd specifically choose dino-shapes for M&M parodies in a game they know for a fact Dino Crisis fans are interested in.

If it was just like dino nuggets or something I'd say no but this feels oddly forced and thus specific.

Oct 26, 2017
Regina has Red hair, Dylan has Yellow hair

I like to think it's a Jawmuncher reference, because how else would you eat them?

Oct 26, 2017
Cant you just mod RE6 with Dino Crisis characters/enemies and be happy?
It's never enough
www.resetera.com

Resident Evil 2 Mod adds Regina & a T-Rex from Dino Crisis

This is a pretty cool proof of concept, even if it doesn't work perfectly. The idea of a Dinosaur behaving like Mr. X actually falls in-line with the original ideas for the Dinosaur AI in Dino Crisis. As the "hunting" they do in DC1 was supposed to be far more involved than what it ultimately...

RedshirtRig

Nov 14, 2017
Re3 Original had a Regina costume (I think it has been years), so maybe Jill will have it in remake too.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I actually find it weird how the very first thing that came to mind was Bubble Bobble, and I had to read the first couple posts to even recognize the M&M reference. Don't know how that happened.

But yeah don't listen to the rabble Jawmuncher! I'm praying alongside ya my dude!

giphy.gif

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I could see them rebooting Dino Crisis as a way to preserve the action formula that previous RE games used, since RE has gone back to survival horror.

That or it's Marvel vs Dino Crisis: Sauron' Into Battle

Harken Raiser

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom's got to run out of Resident Evil games to remake eventually, then it will be Dino Crisis's time to shine!

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Seems legit to me.
You will always have my axe for Dino Crisis, Jaw. <3