• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
9e71d938e1ffd5f72e45827079912bf2f2415ac7.png

This seems to be flying under anybody's radar. It may not be the greatest game of all time, but it's very appealing to me.
It's set in the Front Mission universe and features 3 protagonists and the art is by the GOAT Yoji Shinkawa.

Square Enix is right now trying to get the hype train going with all sorts of videos from the orchestral recording (seriously, watch it!) to Yoji drawing the key art.

I have a feeling this game is gonna get a score in the 70's range but I'm still hyped for it. The setting is intriguing, I love the art and it may still be a great game, even if it's no AAA title.

So am I the only one looking forward to it?

PS: It even has a badass mech edition:
44212326795_8216664cbb_k-755x425.jpg

MultiJhonny

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I am super excited for it since i love Front Mission. I am not expecting the greatest thing in the world but it should be a good time

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
I clicked the thread just to see what this game even was. Haven't heard anything about it oddly. Looks pretty good!

Oct 27, 2017
Concept of the game looked great, the re-reveal at TGS looked bad, then recent videos have made it look not great, but still sort of decent. Going to wait on impressions before I play it.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Shinkawa working on the cover and promo art isn't enough to get me on board.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm not really hyped but will definitely give it a closer look when it's out. Looks like a game I would enjoy.

Yasai

Dec 23, 2017
Clicked to see if that artwork would be brought up again as an argument for getting hype for the game. Was not disappointed :P

I'm still kinda curious about how this one will turn out but the gameplay I saw didn't exactly tickle my sensors, sorry

Deleted member 26900

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I really haven't even seen much of it other than the gorgeous Shinkawa art. Other than that, I'll wait for reviews to see how it fares. But I have a lot of other games on my plate.

OP
OP
Nightfall

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Clicked to see if that artwork would be brought up again as an argument for getting hype for the game. Was not disappointed :P

I'm still kinda curious about how this one will turn out but the gameplay I saw didn't exactly tickle my sensors, sorry
Well yeah, it is a bonus. Sure. Shinkawa is a fantastic artist and I'd love to see more works with his art. Don't care if its games or movies, comics or whatever. I just dig his style. It has a pseudo realism to it that's just my jam.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Preordered a while back. I'm not a big fan of Mech games, but this seems to also have a fair amount of on foot segments and it looks to have the same artist that worked on metal gear (Yoji Shinkawa i believe) so all that combined with the cheap price sold me so far.

immortal-joe

Oct 25, 2017
Recent gameplay videos confirmed that this thing seems to play like a janky offbrand MGS game, complete with anime characters, and featuring the actual MGS artist, so I'm fucking in.

Koivusilta

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
I want to get hyped for this, but Square isn't exactly doing much to market it. I mean I was happy to learn that Iwasaki is doing to soundtrack and the Abbey Road video is pretty cool, but the random story and tutorial level gameplay clips and japanese only streams they keep posting aren't really doing much for me. The fact that they haven't said anything about the PC version also has me worried it's gonna be another broken port like Nier Automata that they never bother fixing.

I really hope it does end up being a decent MGS like for those who can look past the lower production values, but we'll see.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I have no idea why Square Enix chose to revive the Front Mission series as 3rd person action game when it would probably be cheaper to make another SRPG. SE makes some baffling choices sometimes.
That said I'm interested in Left Alive but it's certainly not a day one game for me.

ChatonPute

Oct 25, 2017
The communication from SE is awful
It's almost a radio silence which is not a good sign close to a release coming from them (The Quiet Man...)

Apr 7, 2018
I'm looking forward to it despite constantly forgetting it exists due to getting no media attention. I have a feeling this won't do too well but will become a cult hit.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
It definitely looks rough but I'm still really interested in it. Problem is that it's launching at a time when there's a number of other games I want to play, I'll definitely play it at some point this year but I doubt it will be any time soon.

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely keeping my eye on it, and have had to talk myself out of a Steam pre-order more than once. Helps that it comes out the same month as Division 2 and Sekiro, meaning by the time I finish those and have more time, there will have been plenty of impressions and (hopefully) updates for Left Alive.

Is there word on overall game design? If it's more linear, then I'll have to wait for a sale, but if it's more open and has replayability, I'll definitely be in earlier.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
Looks like a game I'll pick up on Steam after it's 60-75% off. Hope it's good! There haven't been all that many mech stuff lately, especially in this vein.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to like this but since we're talking about Square the PC port will probably be garbage and that will kill my interest in the game.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I want to get excited but nothing is really grabbing me on it except for Shinkawa's artwork.

Everything else about it seems really mundane. Even the music they're doing for it seems really uninspired.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
It looks like worse looking and more clunky The Division so yeah, I'm not really intereseted. Especially cause shooting doesn't seem to be fun at all.

OP
OP
Nightfall

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm looking forward to it despite constantly forgetting it exists due to getting no media attention. I have a feeling this won't do too well but will become a cult hit.

I'd love for that to happen. And I could really see that. It has a franchise people remember fondly, it has gorgeous art, it reminds us of Metal Gear. I mean there are so many boxes it ticks, it will probably be nothing more than mediocre but I can still see it getting a cult following.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
The writing and VA looks straight up PS2 in the best way possible. I'll get to it after DMC5 and Sekiro for sure.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I came into this thread wondering what Left Alive was. Looks interesting, I'll keep an eye out now.

Deleted member 35204

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
As far as i'm concerned its only selling point is the Yoji Shinkawa art and if i had to take a wild guess i would say that's true for the majority of people soooo...

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Why are they putting it out in Sekiro-DMC5 season?

It looks cool, but they picked a crowded time of year. Need to make a public release counter so folks know when stuff is coming out.

Early February might have worked actually. Early April is good. May seems safe so far.

It's like they didn't want me to play it. I'm not going to just buy something and not play it, or stop playing the stuff I've already bought and have yet to finish (RE2).

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I remember the reveal they flashed Shinji Hashimoto, Yoji Shinkawa on screen and I lost my mind. I admit it looks a little more janky than I would have liked but I am still in. I'm buying this game.