• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I've never celebrated it. It always felt like a white holiday and watching fireworks is boring. I rather blow up some illegal fireworks but they fine you here.

Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Beach
God this recent trend that now America is bad and pretending that the Bush dynasty, Reagan, and Nixon didn't ruin lives both at home and abroad is so fucking annoying.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Considering the other thread where only about 20% of Democrats are proud of the country, what are the other 80% celebrating?

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Unrelated sort of, but one of ther first girls I ever loved watched fireworks with me one night on the 4th, and she was crying, not due to America. I always think of her tears now when I see the explosions.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
God this recent trend that now America is bad and pretending that the Bush dynasty, Reagan, and Nixon didn't ruin lives both at home and abroad is so fucking annoying.
I mean, people were saying this in those days too, it's not a recent trend. Vietnam protest was a thing, for one. Civil Rights protests for another. American has been shit.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
No? I mean right now, because it's right now. I...I'm not following how I'm saying that the country was great beforehand.
Eh, you're right, I'm nitpicking here. A more unambiguous statement would be "Is there any reason to celebrate the 4th of July?" Adding "right now," while contextually valid with all of the Trump shit going on, implicitly suggests that there existed a point at which there was reason to celebrate the 4th of July. It doesn't mean anything, but, y'know, it could be argued.

Yeah, I'm definitely nitpicking over nothing. Carry on

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, you can celebrate what you like about America. Your country is much more than just your government

Plus, its not like atrocities weren't being committed, you know, every other year, on the regular.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Patriotic symbolism is an extremely effective rhetorical device and liberals are unwise to cede that to the right exclusively, especially on grounds of wokeness.

Oct 27, 2017
That songs been out for how many years and people still don't understand it
And all you have to do is actually listen to the lyrics!

I'm in that video, one of the last scenes (4:25) was shot at my High School (Red Bank Catholic, Red Bank NJ). I'm the guy in the background upper left with the jacket and tie and terrible haircut (blurry I know but that's me).

When they were filming it and we saw them I tried to start a rumor among my friends that they were filming a Bruce Springsteen video, I didn't believe it for a second. Turns out I was wrong