• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Mario 3D World
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Pikmin 3
Star Fox Zero
Kirby Rainbow Curse
Nintendoland and asymmetrical multiplayer.
Wii backwards compatibility.

Yoshi's Wooly World.
Fatal Frame 5

sort of
Paper Mario thing
But yeah the games exiled to this hardware grows slighter still
The virtual console selection for N64/GBA/DS games on there is great.
There are your reasons. And no, Game & Wario and Devil's Third are not reasons to purchase a console. Sure, they exist, but if they were never ported, the world would not end.

Wel'll also surely see this list thin out over the remainder of the Switch's life cycle.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely Virtual Console - it's the only place where you can currently legally buy N64, GBA, and DS games outside of the buying used copies. I'll keep mine plugged in for that alone for the foreseeable future.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3D world is still better than anything on switch. Probably one of my favourite co op games of all time. Nintendoland is also super fun. WWHD still looks soo good

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
To finish a backlog of Zelda WWHD, Zelda TPHD, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox Zero, and Paper Mario Color Splash.....

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
I've saved a lot of money by not purchasing all the Wii u ports on switch. My Wii u still works, no reason to get rid of it.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
3D World and Wind Waker but I bet those make the jump sooner or later.

I don't have my Wii U anymore either way.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Pikmin. Backwards compatibility for Mario Galaxy and RE4 (for the amazing wiimote controls)

edited for clarity

Last edited:

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
And Gamecube, with a simple softmod.
Yeah but if your sole reason for keeping a Wii U around is Wii/GC backwards compatibility you're better off just keeping a Wii around, then you have memory card support as well as native controller ports and the ability to use original discs. Nintendon't is also far from perfect, a lot of games have noticeable glitches or problems.

Feb 10, 2018
If you can't afford a switch it still seems a pretty cool console to own, there quite a few good games and u can play around the house on the game pad screen.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for an Xenoblade Chronicles X port before I'm good. W101 was one of the last ones I needed to cross off

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Again, Metroid Prime Trilogy

Wii backwards compatibility

Virtual Console if you're obsessed with owning Super Mario Bros 3 again with a darker screen

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
I'll defend Paper Mario: Color Splash until I die. It's not cut from the first two games' cloth, but it's damn good in its own right.

Seriously underappreciated game. Had a great time with it, plenty of memorable and inventive levels. Would be neat to see it given a second chance

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Mario 3D World
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Pikmin 3
Fatal Frame 5
I suppose the campaign from the original Splatoon is worth playing. Great boss battle.

But yeah... not much left.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017

Zinc

Oct 28, 2017
I'd add Wii Fit U, Art Academy and Wii Sports. GBA emulation engineered by M2 is excellent also.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It's the only official home for Earthbound Beginnings.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade X is the last game on it that matters that needs to be ported out. Only one that hasn't been rumored they it will be too. I still have hope though.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love odyssey but 3D W is a better game to me
Ya they're both great but 3DW is on another level. I have such great memories of playing that game with my son and nephews. Co op at its best. Something WiiU did better than switch IMO. I actually started playing it again this week. I still haven't beat champions road.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I rarely fire mine up. Maybe a quick game of Nintendoland (Luigi, Mario and Zelda mini games)

Maybe if I ever wanted to play my old Virtual Console games since I have a ton. But I haven't really had that desire in years. Maybe it's time to unplug from the TV along with the PS3. I think it's about time.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Mario 3D World
Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
Earthbound Beginnings
Nintendoland
Xenoblade X
VC
Wii compatibility (I don't have a Wii)

Jan 29, 2018
I guess if you don't want to rebuy the games that get ported. And Wii backwards compatibility.

And that rad VC library.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
tangential, but it's SHOCKING to me that kirby rainbow curse never got a 3ds port - it seemed so obvious, but then they ported epic yarn instead??

Dolobill

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but if your sole reason for keeping a Wii U around is Wii/GC backwards compatibility you're better off just keeping a Wii around, then you have memory card support as well as native controller ports and the ability to use original discs. Nintendon't is also far from perfect, a lot of games have noticeable glitches or problems.
Do you have any examples? I've used Nintendont a lot and have never encountered a single glitch or issue. It's indistinguishable from an actual Gamecube in my experience.