• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
With Wonderful 101 and Tokyo Mirage getting ported are their any significant reasons to own a wii u? Only ones I can really think of are the Zelda remasters and I'd be shocked if those don't get ported.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
3D World but that shit is getting ported soon (i hope)

Also homebrew

www.resetera.com

Wii U is the Greatest Gaming Hobbyist Device short of a PC. Here's Why. [Image Heavy]

Edit: Please accept my apology to all the Vita lovers out there for the poll I present to you my case for the Wii U and why it is one of the most important pieces of gaming hardware any enthusiast can own. With some tinkering, the Wii U can be home to one of the greatest collections of games...

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Mario 3D World
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Pikmin 3
Star Fox Zero
Kirby Rainbow Curse

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pikmin 3 is one of the best games on the system.

Port that and it can be punted into the trash.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Xenoblade Chronicles X is amazing, and it not getting a Switch port is a crime

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Xenoblade Chronicles X, The Zeldas, Fatal Frame, Nintendo Land and Mario 3D world to name a few.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
If you want to play any Zelda, aren't they all on WiiU?

Fuck me I would buy a Wind Waker HD on switch so hard

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
Nintendo Land is honestly a blast. It's worth owning a Wii U if you're a collector. Go for the white one. The white Wii U Pro Controller is a thing of beauty and has potentially the best D-Pad of all time.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
Yep, 12 reasons

nintendolandgames.png

Okay, so more like 6 if you ask me as the single-player games were whatever, but point still stands.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
The only reason to ever get a WIi U, Xenoblade Chronicles X.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
It's a great retrogaming box, since you can play Wii U, Wii & Gamecube natively, you can get all the Virtual Console stuff (and imo it's the best emulation option for DS games), and homebrew.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And imo, playing Splatoon with gamepad hasn't been surpassed.

Plus it's the second console where you can play Trauma Team, that alone makes it top ten in my book.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's really just 3D World, and the Zelda HD games for me that are left.

If those get ported over to the Switch, then I'm probably done with my Wii U.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
What I'm getting from this thread is I should play Xenoblade Chronicles X. I'd play it since I actually own the game but using the wii u is such a pain in the ass. It's so slow.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Warioware: Smooth Moves - it was one of the few games to actually use the asymmetrical screens. My daughters still love Fruit (Thief) and so do I.

yFe3VX6.jpg

VR has potential with these sort of games but few take advantage of it.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ironically if you'd have asked me 4 years ago which Wii U games I want to play on a portable system I would've probably said Xenoblade Chronicles X, Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD and Pikmin 3.

So yeah for me there's still more to come.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
The Virtual Console is fantastic. Hold on to your Wii U and a pro controller for a solid little retro machine.

Pineconn

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I'll defend Paper Mario: Color Splash until I die. It's not cut from the first two games' cloth, but it's damn good in its own right.