• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Back in the day, a GTA San Andreas and a Hitman Silent Assassin/Blood Money amalgamation would have been my dream game and I am may have paid more than the going price for it. Not the humour of GTA obviously but the open-world three separate cities where you can travel between at will. I imagined being an assassin and having to live in one of the cities, get jobs and travel to the others and scope out the target and escape route, etc, and have the freedom to undertake them when you saw fit, with small-time pressures for tension allowed, of course. I would have liked that. Too ambitious I know, even maybe today, as you'd have to be able to access all buildings and workplaces, and yeah it is too much but I still want to play that game really. Rockstar could do it, but I wouldn't want the Rockstar humour, not a laughing matter being an assassin. Unless they did a Gross Point Blanke game, where you go to therapy as Michael did in GTA 5.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Shenmue IV for sure. Id pay stupid money to get that (I already did for III lol). My only stipulation would be for them to focus on the story, not with forklifts and gacha crap.

Oh, and Mega Man Legends 3 of course... Capcom didnt even give me the chance on that one, they canceled it before the demo was released ;(
This is the only thing for me. Shenmue will always get my money.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
For my ideal Pokémon game, I would pay any price. I would make any sacrifice. No amount of suffering exceeds the cost I am willing to lay at the altar of Perfect Pokémon.
This

I'd also do the same for the opportunity to be director of an Assassins Creed IP reboot, talking games books movies all that. Make me AC's Kevin Feige. If I had Musk/Bozo dollars im buying the IP from Ubi.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
A AAA Metroid game made for much more powerful hardware than Nintendo usually has (aka PS5 or Series X) and focuses on isolation, space/planetary exploration and sci-fi horror.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
For it to exist and be exactly what I want/hope for? yes.

I wouldn't necessarily pay the same extreme amount to merely own the game if it was already (being) made though

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
If it's like "we'll make a Xenosaga 4, but it'll cost 1000$", then 1000$ would totally be a reach, but I could see myself considering up to 500$? Maybe?

If it's like "we'll make the greatest space game ever (please mods ban anyone who replies Star Citizen 🙇‍♀️ ) with all you dreamed of as a kid and then some", then, yeah, maybe, possibly, I guess? Who knows.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
I'd pay big for a true sequel to Eternal Darkness on modern day hardware.

Chrono Break with the original storyline of bringing together Serge and Crono would be sick as well!

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I have a check written right now for Star Wars Galaxies Classic. Who do I make it out too?

World of Warcraft 2 - from the ground up, everything new, super high-end graphics, but with oldschool MMO sensibilities.

Outside of that, no, I'm good.
I would've paid good money if they had just continued developing out WoW Classic with new content rather than going to TBC. Like some of the planned raids they never got to or finishing out the incomplete stuff in vanilla. New battlegrounds too. I always though that people who were on the Vanilla train had rose-tinted glasses as someone who started playing in TBC but after playing WoW Classic, they were right. They were always right. I sunk more time into that than I ever did in my original time playing.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I have a check written right now for Star Wars Galaxies Classic. Who do I make it out too?

I would've paid good money if they had just continued developing out WoW Classic with new content rather than going to TBC. Like some of the planned raids they never got to or finishing out the incomplete stuff in vanilla. New battlegrounds too. I always though that people who were on the Vanilla train had rose-tinted glasses as someone who started playing in TBC but after playing WoW Classic, they were right. They were always right. I sunk more time into that than I ever did in my original time playing.

Honestly: I'd pay $1000 to play WoW classic again but with the large community that used to exist, including friends and family that normally weren't mmo gamers who dipped in and shared some fucking great memories.

Or a game that can replicated that experience. Nearly got it with Minecraft and Fortnite.

I've been chasing that dragon since 2007.

elbageluno

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 4, 2022
$300 for a full fleged PS5 (and PC) only Ape Escape 4.

Same price for Eternal Darkness sequel, Ill even take it at 30fps 900p on switch, I dont care.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
PS5 native version of Warzone.

Getting it for free at the end of the year. in the form of Warzone 2, but it has annoyed me to be stuck at 80FOV with basically PS4 graphics (albeit at 120hz) for that long.

Any 'dream' titles are probably going to be PSVR2 stuff. Various remakes of PSVR1 titles, and hopefully Gran Turimso 7, the full game, without too much delay.

fushi

Oct 26, 2017
I would pay a good amount of money for a FromSoft take on BLAME!

blame-v1-01.jpg

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly: I'd pay $1000 to play WoW classic again but with the large community that used to exist, including friends and family that normally weren't mmo gamers who dipped in and shared some fucking great memories.

Or a game that can replicated that experience. Nearly got it with Minecraft and Fortnite.

I've been chasing that dragon since 2007.

Did you play WoW Classic in 2019? It was pretty nuts at launch and is still pretty populated I think. TBC was the wrong decision imo. I did get most of my friends to at least try it but they never got to the endgame. They still balk at paying a sub, that seems to be the major hurdle for some reason. My goal was to forge Sulfuras and clear all the raid content which I did and I met a bunch of people along the way. Sometimes it felt like Blizzard was doing their best to bungle the best thing they've done in years but it was a blast throughout.

WildArms

Apr 30, 2022
I'd probably pay $1000.00 for Blue Protocol at this point.

Edit: Actually... I'd probably add Phantasy Star Online Remake as well. Throw in the same old bustling community from when the game launched and Episode 2 using full on UE4 or UE5 assets along with both the original and a remastered / reimagined OST by the original composer and both online / offline multiplayer.

Last edited:

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I'd pay a couple hundred for a remake of KOTOR 2 with modern graphics and the cut content added.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
$1000 easy for a Rock Band 5 along with a fresh set of instruments. Like, they would have my money before I could even think about giving it to them

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Give me Lost Kingdoms 3 + remasters of 1 and 2 on modern consoles and price is no object.

ozumas

Born to be Wise
Dec 15, 2020
1k for FF9 REMAKE but with the budget of the ff7 remake and expanding the universe.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'd pay out for new entries in lots of legacy horror franchises.

-New Echo Night by From
-New Fatal Frame or Silent Hill
-Haunting Ground follow-up by Capcom
-Suda and Mikami Killer7 follow-up

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Of course. I'll probably pay big bucks for games that exist now, like Rule of Rose which I will one day own.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
1,000 bucks for one game when you could buy enough games to last the next 20 years for that amount? No thanks, I would pay more for Ragnarok or a massive new Katamari game but way too many other amazing games to even entertain 1,000.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
A cleaner more optimized TF2 ported to source 3, i'd be willing to forgive restarting with hats if it means that game lives forever

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Do i need to play lost kingdom games???

At least the second one! The first game I recall being brutally hard and not letting you replay levels. The second one lets you return to 'almost' every level to upgrade and evolve the monsters in your card deck, discover secrets, fight new and hidden bosses, and just keep discovering things. I bought it at release and was still going back to it nearly yearly until close to the Switch released and my Wii wasn't hooked up anymore. So, like, 15 years. I think I just 'barely' managed to beat the final dungeon my last time playing it. Still didn't get 100% of the cards (though I was purposefully dragging it out so I could keep playing).

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
If we eventually get to the point of full sensory immersion VR in our lifetimes, i'd be willing to pay a lot of money for an MMO-equivalent game in that style. Essentially being able to step into a fantasy world, be that character, and all the things that would be in that possibility space. At that point it'd be an investment i'd be willing to make into what could be an alternate life you can jump into whenever you want, over just a game you buy for a few minutes.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I'd pay multiple thousands for a third Zero Escape game that follows Uchikoshi's original plans and makes ZTD noncanon, and I liked ZTD.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a Bloodborne remaster today.

Rev408

Dec 28, 2017
I'd go in 100-200$ for an updated remake of the first Deus Ex or a new Mystical Ninja game.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I have enough saved up to do this once or twice.
Absolutely worth it to bring some games to life.
A story content complete Final Fantasy XI Offline remake.
A remake of the Final Fantasy XIV 1.x era. Either as a stand alone single player game, or as ARR content.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Sad as it may be but I would defo drop £1000 for the old school Bioware team to make a sequel to either Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale or Planescape Torment or even something new (Sci-fi!) in the Infinity Engine.

It have to be that bunch from the golden era though with a good amount of time and budget to make something at least of the same quality. Like I wouldn't drop that money and have Ubisoft run off with it and make a Baldurs Gate 3 Battle Royale with it or something.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
If I had 1'000 bucks to throw around for a game, which I don't, it'd be for a COLONY WARS PSVRemake or an entirely new title in the franchise.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
$1k for Fire Emblem to get away from whatever the fuck its been doing since Awakening.
$2k for a new Golden Sun to wrap up the series
$3k for an F Zero game that has a story mode where you travel around and fuck people up as captain falcon as a character action game, but with a full racing component too.
$10k for a Deus Ex Mankind Divided Sequel that lives up to the scope and ambition of DX1 while also wrapping up Jensen's story.
$15k for a modern Pokemon game that is as content rich as some of the earlier titles with the production values of a what people think of as AAA.
$20k for a true Valkyrie Profile successor in the vein of VP1. The most audacious JRPG of all time and I'll defend it to death.

I would literally commit crimes against God himself for FFvsXIII, vsXV, the nomura cut, whatever.
Same goes for a Hideo Kojima point and click adventure game.

OP
OP
nogoodnamesleft
Oct 25, 2017
$1k for Fire Emblem to get away from whatever the fuck its been doing since Awakening.
$2k for a new Golden Sun to wrap up the series
$3k for an F Zero game that has a story mode where you travel around and fuck people up as captain falcon as a character action game, but with a full racing component too.
$10k for a Deus Ex Mankind Divided Sequel that lives up to the scope and ambition of DX1 while also wrapping up Jensen's story.
$15k for a modern Pokemon game that is as content rich as some of the earlier titles with the production values of a what people think of as AAA.
$20k for a true Valkyrie Profile successor in the vein of VP1. The most audacious JRPG of all time and I'll defend it to death.

I would literally commit crimes against God himself for FFvsXIII, vsXV, the nomura cut, whatever.
Same goes for a Hideo Kojima point and click adventure game.

This gets better the further you read down

StillEdge

Oct 29, 2017
I'd pay some good money for the right sequel to Halo 3. If bungie did Halo 4 I wonder where we'd be today with Halo. Huge fan of infinite but 4 and 5 no thank you.