• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i'm subscribed to a couple hundred channels and youtube really likes to hide videos from me even tho im subscribed to the channel.
this is incredibly irritating. you shouldnt have to turn on the notification bell when things should just work.
this is something about modern tech i truly hate
i miss being able to check my feed on websites and know for a fact that i saw everything for that day. its stupid that these dumb ass companies think they know better than you. there's a certain kind of feeling you get when you know you've seen the end of something and this curated feed bullshit that companies are doing now ruins that.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
They're missing from your sub feed?

I've never missed a video from my subscription feed, so I don't know what's going on with yours.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I never had that issue before, do you use the front page or the subscription page? I just bookmarked my sub page and everything's showing neatly in a grid and pops up whenever something is updated.

OP
OP
nsilvias

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
They're missing from your sub feed?

I've never missed a video from my subscription feed, so I don't know what's going on with yours.
it's not just me
youtube does this to everyone
ask a bunch of youtubers and they'll start telling you how youtube doesnt show their videos in their subscribers feeds. its why so many youtubers ask you to turn the bell on now.

OP
OP
nsilvias

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
I never had that issue before, do you use the front page or the subscription page? I just bookmarked my sub page and everything's showing neatly in a grid and pops up whenever something is updated.
sub feed, always
i never look at the front page
i always bookmark the sub page

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
it's not just me
youtube does this to everyone
ask a bunch of youtubers and they'll start telling you how youtube doesnt show their videos in their subscribers feeds. its why so many youtubers ask you to turn the bell on now.
Yeah, I hear it all the time, but I don't know how many people are actually using the subscription page rather than just YouTube homepage. I know I've told people in the past and it's blown their mind that there was a page JUST for their subs.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
It might be a quantity thing. I am not subscribed to too many people, so maybe I've not hit that critical mass of subs that breaks it.

OP
OP
nsilvias

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
I know they say that, but is it actually true?
yes its true
why else would i be making this thread?
i check the channels manually and i see videos that dont show up in my feed
just because you think you dont have the issue doenst mean it doesnt exist.
hell i see some videos in my notifciations that dont show up in my sub feed ffs

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018
is this retroactive for videos before today?
or does it only show you videos from the day you start using it forward?
YouTube feeds have the most recent 15 videos from each channel. I believe if you use a reader like Feedly it stores each entry from every feed that any user subscribed to, so that will get you a longer history.