• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
i think you can hide those stats. i have a few people added that show no games in their profile.

you can also "wipe" the list and have no games show up until you play them again (the system still remembers your total times)

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like most people want more systems to track playtime like Switch and Steam, and you want to turn it off?

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I think you can make the data private, but I don't think you can turn it off entirely.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
No, just own it and accept all those 2000 hours practicing Smash were not worth it since you still went 0-2 in a tournament.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
You can press home mid game, and that stops the timer while you're not playing.....but that's definitely not what youre asking lol

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
If you go to your user page on the switch menu and then go down to user settings then select play activity settings you can change who can see your playtime.
Not exactly the same but I think that's the best you can do

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
But on a more important note: can this feature finally be included on the PS4/5? Is one of my favorite things on the Switch's OS.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Can't you just play on airplane mode that game?

Edit: It will still track your playtime but friends won't get the notification you are playing "that game" lol

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
You can hide your play activity by going to User Settings->Play Activity Settings then change Play Activity to what you choose.

But others will still see your past activity once you change it back to allow others see what you have played. There is no option to completely hide a game from activity from even yourself. Also whenever you are online others still would still see what you are playing.

Or just create a separate account and enjoy it on that one, but you will have to start over in whatever you are playing

Last edited:

Woylie

May 9, 2018
You can change the privacy settings so that you're the only one who can see your gameplay hours/games on your profile, but I don't think there's any way to stop the tracking entirely.

It'd be funny if Nintendo added some kind of "private session" functionality like Spotify for people who are playing dirty visual novels or whatever

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
You could just disable the option of friends been able to see it. That way, only you can see your playtime.

I did it because when i got a Lite, playtime was messed.

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg
Sometimes I wish I could do this for competitive games on Steam/BattleNet/etc. Mostly because despite the hundreds of hours sunk I am still terrible at Street Fighter and I feel disgusted with myself.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
F59766DE9C25F9E766D2A8999951CFD2D60FC3C4

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Count me among those who absolutely need to know why you even want to do this, OP. I'm fully invested now... you gotta tell us.

But to answer your question, you can make yourself "invisible" so no one on your friends list sees what you're playing or that you're even online at all, though I know that's a bit different from what you're asking for.

You just broke 100 hours on Panty Party, didn't you?