• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm taking notes on this thread. I've just been using Ajax on my tub but wouldn't mind checking out some other products that are getting suggestions

Oct 27, 2017
CLR has always done the job for me

71RDhSjEUuL._AC_SX679_.jpg

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I had so much limescale once in my toilet, I had to literally get at it with a sharp hunter's knife.

It really is scaley lmao

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
vinegar and water or baking soda and water into a paste, let sit for an hour or two then wash off.
but wtaf at this?
This is basically magic and cost a fraction of any other solutions.
On top of that baking soda can do literally everything.
Wanna make your cake rise?
Use baking soda.
Wanna remove odor from a mattress?
Use bakind soda.
Want to clean you clothes?
Yeah sure, use baking soda.
Wanna clean your floor?
You guessed it.

is this some sort of language barrier thing?
We're lowkey helping OP remove murder evidence.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
This is basically magic and cost a fraction of any other solutions.
On top of that baking soda can do literally everything.
Wanna make your cake rise?
Use baking soda.
Wanna remove odor from a mattress?
Use bakind soda.
Want to clean you clothes?
Yeah sure, use baking soda.
Wanna clean your floor?
You guessed it.
i used vinegar to remove rust stains from concrete.
and baking soda paste on a rusty grill make it like new.

We're lowkey helping OP remove murder evidence.
for real.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
I know some stuff that will get the most deeply-embedded crud off of any surface, but as it's far from environmentally-friendly, I hesitate to recommend it. (I quit using it for this reason.)

real talk. forget comet and go with Barkeeper's friend. That works wonders.
This is a post of wisdom here. đź‘Ť

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I use those Clorox toilet wands on the floor and walls of our shower. Just run some hot water first to get it wet. Not only is the cleaning solution already baked in, but the scrubber and wand help me do the physical part of the cleaning without breaking my back.

These things in case you don't know what I'm talking about. I'm sure someone will tell me it's bad for some reason but it works.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
According to commercials I've seen, you can get some cute animated bubbles to scrub the place.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
Borax. Shits super cheap and been around since 1910 or so. It's Comet before they started making Comet.

Deleted member 64002

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2020
shopping

This stuff is the tits try it! It gets rid of black mold nice and clean like. I use it all the time as my go too cleaner.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
If you're looking for stuff that gets all the hard stuff off the tub, try tub o towels. I had that issue and magic erasers fell apart. Even the ones for the bathroom. Those towels were tough though and worked great. Got them from Lowe's.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Baking soda + white vinegar, let it sit for a bit. Then scrub with a brush or some such. Works perfectly. Be careful.

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017
Two things that can significantly reduce the build-up/need to clean your bathtub:

1. Get a filtered shower head. It will significantly reduce the amount of build-up from your water. Example
2. If you haven't already, switch to body wash instead of hard soap. Hard soap builds up scum incredibly faster compared to body wash. Body wash is often more gentle on your skin, too.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
I use bleach for my bathroom. You get Chlorine on spray these days. Gets clean and it smells quite nice to boot.