• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm sure for most of us, it's just the overall glut of content that makes Netflix a worthwhile subscription. I feel like every month there is something I want to watch, be it Nailed It, The Irishman, Terrace House, the stand up specials, etc, but I don't feel like there is any one thing where it's like "I can't cancel Netflix because "X" show is on there". I thought for a while, when they picked up Trailer Park Boys, that would be it, but they drove that into the ground. Same with Arrested Development. I guess the closest thing for me is Terrace House, but I kind of wonder if I don't just like Terrace House so much because it's the best thing on Netflix, vs it being that good that I would have started watching it otherwise. If that makes sense.

Is there a show for you that is the reason to keep your Netflix subscription, or is it just the overall service being worth it?

EDIT: Dammit. Mods, please move.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right now Stranger Things and Aggretsuko are two shows I'd always come back to regardless out of the ongoing ones. Of the classics I also would not want to get rid of a service that has all of Arrested Development, AKA the best comedy show ever made.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
At the moment yes, but nothing Netflix lasts longer than a handful of seasons so eventually probably not. Of course, by then it will have been replaced with something else.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I would miss Better Call Saul if it moved away from Netflix, and The Good Place though that's ending very soon anyway. (UK here)

Other than that.. not really..

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Fuller House.

Stranger Things.
The Dark Crystal.

And whatever good stuff floats to the top of Netflix' ongoing original production pipeline.

Like, i have accepted that Netflix releases just enough worthwhile original stuff to warrant the subscription fee.

Nov 23, 2019
RRT4 ▶︎▶︎▶︎
Midnight Diner, but not sure if this counts. It's old series, but seems like Netflix funded two last seasons and maybe even own franchise now.

Also – Kingdom, The Haunting of Hill House, Disenchantment, Hilda, Altered Carbon, Castlevania, Sabrina... And Terrace House as well.
So a lot actually. Plus, outside of US they have rights to The Good Place and Riverdale.

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm with you OP. For a while it was Arrested Development, Trailer Park Boys and Always Sunny.

Then they let Always Sunny go to Hulu so I just signed up for that too. If I can survive Always Sunny leaving, I'm probably with Netflix for good.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Last Kingdom. To a lesser extent, Stranger Things. I haven't watched anything on Netflix for several months (July?). I'll likely sub for a couple months a year to watch the 2-3 shows I'm interested in.

The Wife watches the Office on Netflix. But once that leaves..then no one will be using Netflix for months.

Last edited:

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
I've never stayed subscribed to Netflix. I subscribe for a month when something I want to watch comes out, and then catch up on the other things I missed along the way. I'm not one of the customers that regularly watches the archive of a popular network show.

And this year I've been pretty lucky with my month long window lining up with other shows I like. I subscribed the day El Camino came out, caught up on Big Mouth that landed a week earlier, checked out Living With Yourself, and then got new seasons of Atypical, End of the F**king World, and Bojack all landing in that 30 day window.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Their food content is spectacular and I'm glad I have it just for Chef's Table alone.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Stranger Things, Mindhunter, Glow. That's probably enough.

though Toys that Made Us and Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee are getting there for me.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
They need more than one thing to keep subscribers from just subscribing once a year for a month and binging.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stranger Things, Castlevania, Hi-Score Girl (I could probably find that somewhere else tho)... that's about it? Usually I get at least one or two solid Comedy specials/films/sketch shows out of Netflix from my selection of fav Comedians, so I'd also be miffed to miss out on that, but that's not necessarily a series so much as it's Netflix's emphasis on Comedy.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Well i watch INSATIABLE, Sabrina,Castlevania and The Dark Crystal on Netflix. Bojack is ending soon and im going through The Bates Motel even though its not Netflix exclusive so yeah i think they have me for a little more

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i just canceled a month ago. i will get another month later to watch the witcher, the irishman and the rest of bojack, but there's really nothing to keep me constantly subscribed.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Stranger Things, Bojack, Big Mouth, Sex Education. There are more. Netflix has plenty of quality stuff.

May 10, 2018
Thinking about it, no. My mom lets me use her account but I hardly ever use it.

Stranger Things doesn't do much for me after seasons 2 & 3. Sabrina is wasted potential. Castlevania is pretty good though.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
I only sign up to Netflix when I feel like watching BoJack, and then check out a few other bits while I'm there. If it wasn't for that show I'd probably never bother with it.

Oct 26, 2017
Stranger Things went downhill for me after episode 5ish of season 1, so I won't miss it.

Closest is probably Bojack Horseman.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I might actually be murdered by my daughter if we lost access to Spirit and Trolls.

For myself, Stranger Things is the only one.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
She Ra
Bojack
F is for Family
stranger things
All their food travel shows
I imagine the Witcher
Castlevania
Some international serials

I will always be subscribed because they have Italian dubs on pretty much all their OG content and more and it's a great way to practice

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Fargo, Better Call Saul, Good Place and Black Mirror. All are 'originals' over here

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I foolishly thought I could get rid of my Netflix sub for at least a few months because Disney+ would be everything my kids needed. But no

She-ra
Green Eggs and Ham
Harvey Girls Forever
Skylanders
Carmen Sandiego
Trollhunters
Voltron
Hilda
Miraculous
Home
Trolls
Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse
Zig and Sharko (they watch this constantly)

Just too much stuff that the kids watch. So not one in particular but enough that there's something that will interest at least one of my kids at all times.