• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
For me it has to be

I don't know what it is, but the whole tone and sound of it just feels completely out of left field in comparison to the rest of the OST.

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
The now re-placed main menu music for Dragons Dogma. I love that tune but it doesn't make a lick of sense in regards to the game.

corn_fest

Oct 27, 2017
Playing Halo CE for the first time, and pretty much the whole game?
I have to stifle a laugh every time some cheesy dramatic choral music bursts in while I'm shooting Despicable Me minions in the face

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017

Not only does it not match the game, but it feels like the lyrics don't even match the music. Not a fan at all.

Oct 25, 2017
My Hands in Final Fantasy XIII.
Probably because it actually doesn't belong and just haphazardly replaces the real ending theme.
It's also shorter and requires the end credits to add some filler music to match up.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Otherworld in FFX. It's kinda okay in the intro but it's stupid af in the final boss. All that ethereal feeling of ending the magical journey, suddenly plays industrial rammstein wannabe song lol

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
In legend of legacy, a lot of the soundtrack has a sort of lightness to it, and comes off as lightly modulated orchestra music. But, while the song for the optional Dragon Bossfights is totally Wackadoo, it's ALSO one of the best boss fight themes I have ever heard.

Blue Dragon boss theme.

So bewildering in it's inclusion and direction that famed free comedy RPG "Barkley: Shut up and Jam: Gaiden," refers to it in it's soundtrack directory as "Jesus Christ the guy from deep purple sang this"

And it is absolute glorious. I'm not making jokes, it's so fantastic. Nearly every bossfight is an absolute treat because of it.

Nov 22, 2017
I adore the game... but this is a sin in itself
Wait... Kojima being the father of the game... This is genius !
There you go, Sin of the father wasted in a jeep scene..

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Otherworld in FFX. It's kinda okay in the intro but it's stupid af in the final boss. All that ethereal feeling of ending the magical journey, suddenly plays industrial rammstein wannabe song lol
Yep, first one that came to mind for me.

A lot of folks will also cite the credits music from Symphony of the Night, but I really like it.