• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
And him muttering about wishing he could have met Cassandra Cain instead, since she was the cool Batgirl.
He ended up acting as expected when he finally met her before the whole New 52 stuff though. They only got a few pages worth of interactions, unfortunately. One of which I have as a very nice print. :3

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Batman vs TMNT. Right balance between hypercompetent assassin-like Robin and self-important comedic relief, who genuinely cares for his father. When they split into teams he gets paired up with Raph, playing off each other's hotheadedness.

...Though he's likeable in most media. Super Sons is great, as mentioned.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
I'm here to say that I like Damian especially when he is around Dick. His relationship with animals, Dick, Alfred, Jon, and Bruce are all pretty interesting.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Damian is a fantastic character in the right hands. Morrison provided all the reasons why and the ingredients to do so but many writers beside the one's people above have really understoos the character.

Batman 666 version is awesome

Dick and Damian duo while Batman was oating through space and time. Amazing. Watching their relationship grow was just a good time. The interplay perfect.

Damian and Alfred's deep friendship and respect for each other was great.

Damian in Supersons is awesome.

Damian is a lot like Quentin Quire the x-man (another Morrison creation) who is awesome in the right writer's hands and grating/annoying in another's.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
1466874-dw_sg_x_ray_eyes.png

I don't understand the hatred towards Damian.

Damn I cannot seem to bend my hands that way

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I would find him a lot more likable if DC and some of his writers like Morrison didn't ignore that Bruce has had sons since the very inception of the character. It makes sense for Damian to act like he's the only one, but I don't like when the narrative pushes it as well.

That's definitely true. "Batman's son" Damian is kind of boring, but "the baby brother" Damian is a lot of fun when they do it right. He and Selina had a good dynamic too, from that brief period.

TVq1xAdl.jpg

Honestly I feel like he pairs well with everyone BUT Batman.

Oct 27, 2017
I really need to read the Dick Batman run, the jokes about Damien writing him all sad and whatnot still crack me up.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Happy to see the Damian love. As a relative outsider to this stuff I never understood why he seemed to be disliked--gave me this "what am I missing" feeling when I was introducing myself to the content featuring him

Marqroq

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I still can't believe they never started a Batman 666 series. Loved those Morrison issues. The world building was good and ready to go and...nothing

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Is he the Robin in Batman vs the TMNT? Because he's not bad there, and whatever that schtick was fit the story they were telling, as a foil to Mikey.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
he was great in Morrison's run. his relationship with Dick is one of the highlights of it and is hands down my favorite Batman run

if you want the unlikable character, modern Jason Todd is right there

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
It was Era that kept telling me how amazing this character is. What are those crayon drawings and notes from Damian that people kept posting on this forum?

Speaking of not getting chars, Injustice sucks monkey nuts. Netherrealm can't write DC chars to save their lives.
Might be the first time I've ever seen this take, wow. I read the comics and played the games by virtue of everyone telling me how well it handled DC characters and how amazing the stories are.

I will say, I really didn't like the plotline about Damian accidentally killing Dick. But that was one of the very few things I disliked.

Maybe I'm so used to DC characters being mishandled from the recent DCEU and animated movies that Injustice felt incredible by comparison? I don't think so though, I really loved my time with that universe.

Last edited:

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Damian, just like his father, works really well when he has a less serious character to bounce off of. So yeah my favorite Damian is definitely Super Sons and the Dick/Damian stuff.
Just like I enjoy reading Batman stories where he works with Supes or Dick.
Remember how Daimian accidentally killed Dick in Injustice?
robin-kills-nightwing.jpg

robin-kills-nightwing-2.jpg

I really enjoyed the comic by Tom Taylor aka Tom King, but yeah, it really sucks what they did with Nightwing.. even if it pays of later.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
He was okay in that recent JL Dark movie
Yeah I agree.

I binged all the "DC New 52" movies when that thread popped up and comments were telling us that the final movie is amazing/just as good as/better than Endgame. It did not meet any of those expectations but I did enjoy some parts of it. The one thing that works in all of them is Damian's. He's an insufferable little shit in his first two movies but gradually feels like a full character toward the end.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
He was pretty cool in that last DC animated movie, the Darkseid one. He was still a prick in ways but was reasonable, kind of like an early twenty something Batman if he lacked the guidance and support from Alfred and Commissioner Gordon or the love and support of Dick.

May 24, 2019
my next question was going to be "and who's his mom" so 2 birds 1 stone and whatnot, cheers.

So Batman got freaky with Talia, Catwoman...any more supervillains in his list of Exs?

In Grant Morrison's run (this is a big spoiler, if you were ever going to read it)
his civilian love interest turned out to be a mole for the bad guys

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
he was adorable just before he died that first time.

the only thing is he should have a slight accent of some kind. his mom grew up between random points in Asia and kept a base in London, and she raised him well before he ran away to join Batman.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Why is a 10 year old fighting crime?

He's competent to a degree that isn't logical. It doesn't "make sense" in the real world, but Damian's a character that can and has beaten entire groups of fully grown adults with no problems. Having him fight crime isn't any less silly than anyone else doing it.

....Except in Harley Quinn, where he's ineffective as shit. Then it's totally fucked.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
I like Damien. His backstory is better than all the other robins. But I gotta admit, not everyone can write him well.