• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every time I see this guy's face in any comic, animated movie, or game I just get annoyed.
robinsmanymasks_damianwayne_news_hero-c_v1_200317.jpg

His personality is just an amalgamation of the previous Robins, except 200 times more whiny and angsty. There's nothing unique about him except for how grating he is.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Best version is in the Harley Quinn show.

Mostly because it's a send-up of his whole deal.

Tycho Kepler

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 22, 2018
Grant Morrison's original run on Batman & Robin was maybe my favorite comic run of all time

Dick & Damian were the best

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Batman having a son that's like a poochy level moment like a jumping the shark level moment

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super Sons and Tomasi's Batman & Robin.

You're out of luck otherwise.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
In addition to Super Sons, his time as Dick's Robin, also in the comics, where he starts bad but has character growth before it was just reset later on. He just really needs to be paired with a lighter character that can take him off his element.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He was fun to play as in Injustice 2, at least for me.

I feel like people enjoyed his development in the Dickbats run?

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Any time he has Dick Grayson to bounce off on panel they work well as brothers

Lombaszko

Oct 25, 2017
Batman: Streets of Gotham is pretty overlooked, having some great Damian stories. Written by Paul Dini too!

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
My hope for the Damien Wayne character is that when he leaves the Robin persona behind to make his own identity he becomes RED X as his new thing. Hes a perfect fit for that concept to finally become canon in DC.

Robin_and_Red_X_Teen_Titans.jpeg

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Damian's interactions with Stephanie Brown from Bryan Q. Miller's run of Batgirl were hilarious.

Steph trying to teach Damian to behave like an actual kid.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
He's great in Batman Inc. I love this exchange:

damian-and-dick-grayson-batman-inc.jpg

I like him in pre-New 52 Batgirl as well. Personally, I never got the hate. Then again, I don't engage with the majority of DC media out there. Certain writers don't seem to get the character or be able to write good child characters.

Speaking of not getting chars, Injustice sucks monkey nuts. Netherrealm can't write DC chars to save their lives.

Last edited:

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly most writers really seem to have trouble getting him right, so if it isn't Morrison, Tomasi, or Bryan Q. Miller there is a really good chance he'll be annoying. Being Robin to Dick's Batman, Super Sons, his guest appearance in Gotham Academy, all great.ut

edit: Oh and Damian is best Robin. Dick didn't become good until he was Nightwing, Jason is terrible and will always be terrible, Tim is cool but only when he is off doing his own thing(I legitimately can't think of a single moment of him actually being Batman's sidekick), and Stephanie was never given her due.

Last edited:

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Super Sons because Jon.

And animated Harley Quinn's one, because they recognize his limitations to make him a funny character. And they had an excellent voice actor to boot, the kid from the Room (Brie Larson's Room)

And still he was used sparingly.

Otherwise, no. He's basically an edgier mini-Batman, horrible all-around, and in too many things.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Not having known much else about him, I also found the Harley Quinn take on him funny.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Morrison, Tomasi, and Seeley write good Damian's. They also write good Dick Graysons which imo is the backbone to good Damian stories minus Super Sons.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Super Sons because Jon.

And animated Harley Quinn's one, because they recognize his limitations to make him a funny character. And they had an excellent voice actor to boot, the kid from the Room (Brie Larson's Room)

And still he was used sparingly.

Otherwise, no. He's basically an edgier mini-Batman, horrible all-around, and in too many things.

I hate Harley. This pretty funny.

I like him as Bruce's son. And since he's young he isn't in charge of anything. I hate Nightwing being in charge of top secret missions and shit.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
I thought he was universally thought of as the best Robin? I know he is my fave. Him and Dick are the best combo.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
First I thought "Damon Wayans?"

Then I thought. "WHO.gif"?

Oh. One of the Robins. Meh, don't care.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
Super Sons, Adventures of the Super Sons or anything written by Tomasi. Damian works best when he has someone like Dick or Jon to play off of.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
He was pretty great in Batgirl. Steph played off him well.

I will echo what others have said but he was best written by Morrison.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I would find him a lot more likable if DC and some of his writers like Morrison didn't ignore that Bruce has had sons since the very inception of the character. It makes sense for Damian to act like he's the only one, but I don't like when the narrative pushes it as well.

Batman having a son that's like a poochy level moment like a jumping the shark level moment
Batman jumped the shark in 1940 then. :P

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
Ummmm.

I really, really liked the DC animated universe's take on the Apokolips Wars, so this is maybe a rose-tinted glass thing.

But I loved his development throughout those movies from an arrogant little punk to a more humanized team player.

This culminates in the aforementioned movie where he is seen as responsible and level-headed leader. He has a really nice moment with his father too.

Again, maybe it's just because I love those movies from some odd reason