• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Duo VII

Banned
Dec 11, 2017
Nothing implies she died.

Yeah, but having to rely on you to kill an old comrade, not a happy ending. But yeah, I did forget she survives.

The ending to Solaire's questline where he helps you fight Gwyn at the end
Was gonna say, this is the best outcome. Also, doesn't Alfred's quest in Bloodborne have a happy, but gruesome ending?

The Bonewheel skeletons seem pretty happy, so, probably them.

lol

Last edited:

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing implies she died.
Nothing implies she lives.
Edit: In fact, her dialogue tells us she is not going to die.
It doesn't. It's left ambiguous, but I'd lean more towards that she dies of her injuries going by what she says.
Now if you decide to make your own canon and not listen to what she say, you do you.
Sounds like that's exactly what you've done, but "you do you" *shrug*

twentytwo22

Oct 25, 2017
Eileen.

Patches (DS3), in a way.

Aria (unofficial name for the painting girl in DS3).

I'd also consider Seigward's ending satisfactory to him.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He knows

He just doesn't know you can restore her.

"Master, look! I've done it, I've done it! I smashed and pounded and grounded this rotten siren into fleshy pink pulp!"

"There, you filthy monstrosity! What good's your immortality now! Try stirring up trouble in this sorry state! All mangled and twisted, with every inside on the outside, for all the world to see! He heh hah hah Hah! He heh heh ha ha ha ha!"
You are completely right, my b

I blame it being very late when I wrote that. But anyway, good for him haha

OP
OP
Astral

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
It's not. Though she's in bad shape, she assures the hunter that she's taken blood. It's just her age catching up with her.
She could just be saying that. Biorr in Demon's Souls says he just needs a nap. That was his last nap I'm pretty sure. Siegward does the same thing and then dies. So I think she's dead.

Edit: Actually according to the wiki Biorr returns to his cell if he survives the Blue Dragon and Penetrator. Kinda weird but can't confirm. Siegward ded though.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Nah. That's not Solaire. If you read the description of the Yellow Bug Pullet, it tells you what that is.

"Medicinal pellet made from crushed insects. The yellow type temporarily boosts lightning damage absorption. The grave wardens of Carthus used these to repel a great sand worm. The worm tumbled into the catacombs, and proceeded to dominate its new home in the Smoldering Lake."

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Nah. That's not Solaire. If you read the description of the Yellow Bug Pullet, it tells you what that is.

"Medicinal pellet made from crushed insects. The yellow type temporarily boosts lightning damage absorption. The grave wardens of Carthus used these to repel a great sand worm. The worm tumbled into the catacombs, and proceeded to dominate its new home in the Smoldering Lake."
It's a joke but that doesn't say the great sand worm isn't Solaire ~

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, Onion Knight had a happy ending if you played his quest right. If I remember correctly...

Duo VII

Banned
Dec 11, 2017
Siegward does the same thing and then dies. So I think she's dead.
eh, the only one you can actually see die is Siegward. If she were to die, we would've seen it happen after her dialogue. Still don't think her ending is happy. She survived the hunt, but had to kill so many of her fellow hunters turned mad.

Wait, Onion Knight had a happy ending if you played his quest right. If I remember correctly...
You might want to sit down for this.

Vault

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Siegward dies but his ending is still pretty happy

He fulfilled his promise to his friend

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing implies she lives.

It doesn't. It's left ambiguous, but I'd lean more towards that she dies of her injuries going by what she says.

Sounds like that's exactly what you've done, but "you do you" *shrug*
Before the fight against the Bloody crow
"I'm afraid I've made a bit of a blunder. I'm just going to have a short rest."
"Oh, don't worry, I've taken blood. Enough to save an old woman."

After the fight
"Don't you ever listen to your elders? No matter, you did save my life."
We might just have a different interpretation, imo, it clearly implies that she stays alive.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

nah fam, onion man gets chopped up.

ConsiderateFearlessHummingbird-size_restricted.gif

OP
OP
Astral

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I actually just fucked up Siegward's quest and killed Yhorm without freeing him. Oops. Does that mean he at least gets to live or does he off himself or something? Somehow fucked up Greirat's too. I was gonna stop him from going to Lothric but he died in Irithyll somehow despite Siegward being there. Convoluted ass shit.

Small Red Boy

â–˛ Legend â–˛
May 9, 2019
It was so sad and funny at the same time when the Onion Knight try to save me, just for me to jump with him and both of us die at the same spot.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Does Sekiro count? The merchant and Kotaro seem pretty pleased with their situation if you send Kotaro to the merchant.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure she's being dismissive to waylay the Hunter's fears. It seems pretty obvious to me that she's dying.
What would she gain from being dismissive, her dying and the bloody crow living ? I don't see it.
But hey to each their own interpretation.
Before the fight against the Bloody crow
"I'm afraid I've made a bit of a blunder. I'm just going to have a short rest."
"Oh, don't worry, I've taken blood. Enough to save an old woman."

After the fight
"Don't you ever listen to your elders? No matter, you did save my life."
We saved her life, as she said, doesn't make a bit of narrative sense if she dies just after it imo. If she were to die why not make us witness her death ?

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Just because someone willingly dies after you help complete whatever it is that they want to do, it doesn't mean it's a sad ending.

Seyavesh

Oct 25, 2017
benhart and lucatiel have really happy implied endings, esp. benhart. dude is literally the only char who is storywise able to keep up w the player char with 0 intervention from the player

he is hella unique for a souls char in that he is literally the only one who doesn't have a generic And Then They Died or Fulfilled Their Mistaken Goal ending more or less - dude came to fight monsters and ended up dethroning god just to prove how sicknasty he is

Seyavesh

Oct 25, 2017
benhart and lucatiel have really happy implied endings, esp. benhart. dude is literally the only char who is storywise able to keep up w the player char with 0 intervention from the player

he is hella unique for a souls char in that he is literally the only one who doesn't have a generic And Then They Died or Fulfilled Their Mistaken Goal ending more or less - dude came to fight monsters and ended up dethroning god just to prove how sicknasty he is

note benhart isn't undead either like most dark souls npcs so he doesn't have immortality going for him

he is literally just a dude, from a land where ants are the size of tanks coming to fuck up even stronger monsters who managed to somehow wander into the ds2 world

Oct 26, 2017
note benhart isn't undead either like most dark souls npcs so he doesn't have immortality going for him

he is literally just a dude, from a land where ants are the size of tanks coming to fuck up even stronger monsters who managed to somehow wander into the ds2 world

I don't think it's confirmed either way that Benhart (or Rosabeth, for that matter) isn't undead.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
If we count Sekiro, depending on which ending you get or choose, Kuro, Emma and Divine Child can get a good ending.
Though they are characters important to story, so maybe their fates don't count.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain

Might be remembering wrong, but doesn't Lucatiel hollow just before her bro?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going with the Onion Bro from DS3. Man helped me kill some bosses then peacefully went in his sleep.

Seyavesh

Oct 25, 2017
Might be remembering wrong, but doesn't Lucatiel hollow just before her bro?
she leaves all her junk for ya with the impression of "oh her hollowing reached its final stages after she her goal classic souls style" but she's summonable in the final DLC final boss and the summon only appears if youve completed her questline unlike benhart who always shows up for elana and the watchers so the implication becomes quite different

implication
I don't think it's confirmed either way that Benhart (or Rosabeth, for that matter) isn't undead.
iirc all the stuff that affects undeads only accurately works in ds2 vs undead npcs and he isn't on the list but that's minutiae so yeah who knows