• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
cause i am dying in NYC.

i move north and itll be even worst in the winter, i move south and even hotter in the summer.

this heat wave is killing me right now.

i need to move to the perfect location for 40-75degree Range weather year round.

where is this oasis?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Central/southern Colorado is pretty moderate all year round.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Do you like rain? Or forest fires?

The Pacific Northwest has pretty mild winters and it gets really hot for about a week during the summers.

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
South Florida pretty much matches NYC in July / August (with much better AC) and is paradise in winter.

California and Med besides match your request though.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
cause i am dying in NYC.

i move north and itll be even worst in the winter, i move south and even hotter in the summer.

i need to move to the perfect location for 40-75degree Range weather year round.

where is this oasis?

You've just described San Francisco.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Victoria (BC) is probably the mildest place I've lived. Summer is usually low to mid 20s, winter is ~10C. You obviously get extremes beyond that but not too often.

More sun and less rain than Vancouver, too.

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
San Diego and Honolulu are the only two i've ever seen. Though when the wind stops the air is stagnant and weirdly uncomfortable

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland, UK, and the Pacific Northwest rarely dip below zero Celsius in winter or go higher than 30 in summer, although summers have been a lot hotter in the past 10 years or so. All of these places have a lot of rain though.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
West coast, namely norcal to Oregon, or a bit more in-land. Socal's warming up these days iirc.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like San Diego to me

Averages
2338455-500-temperature-f-en.gif

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
San Francisco! It costs $5,000 a day to be alive here and everything is broken but I had to close my windows last night because it got too chilly - in July! Come on down!

We also have a monopoly on the good weather in SF. It's not the SF Bay Area. It's just SF and a tiny part of the North and East bay right on the shoreline. Go inland (even a bit) and it gets crazy hot.

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
Eureka, CA has an average high temperature of 55 in winter and 64 in summer, IIRC. (It's also cloudy almost every day and kind of a dump.)

sbenji

Jul 25, 2019
cause i am dying in NYC.

where is this oasis?

Seattle has the best weather. It is neither extremely hot in the summer or cold in the winter. There is some rain but it is honestly better than most of the Midwest because it tends to be mild rain.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
South Florida pretty much matches NYC in July / August (with much better AC) and is paradise in winter.

California and Med besides match your request though.
As someone who lives in NYC and has family in South Florida, hell no. Leaving the West Palm Beach airport is like walking into a brick wall of humidity at least 10 months out of the year.

Something like San Diego would be about right, though. Really anywhere in Southern California could fit the bill provided you are RIGHT on the coast. Even a handful of miles inland and it's a different story. Downtown Los Angeles is like 10-15 degrees hotter than Santa Monica, for example.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I'd say Hawaii, but it's a bit too hot for your criteria (though very consistent temperature-wise, averaging in the low 80s year round, plus or minus a few degrees). For lower temperatures, coastal California (San Fransisco and especially San Diego) wins.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably "too hot" a month of the year... But even then there's almost no humidity here, so it's nothing like other hot areas and totally fine in the shade.
It's been balls hot since end of May. It'll be balls hot until late September.

Im from Florida. Still balls hot here.

I can't wait until fall.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
I think I would like to live in a place where everyday is like 18°, so you can wear a sweatshirt and not a jacket while being outside.

MrPoppins

Oct 27, 2017
Silicon Valley - CA
Coastal California or Coastal Oregon are about as close to perfection as you can get IMO and are the only places I will ever live for the rest of my life barring unforeseen circumstances.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Central europe, winters are mild. It can get quite hot in the summer but usually only for four to six weeks.

hiro42

Apr 2, 2018
Hawaii has perfect climate and weather. It's not too hot or cold and just the right amount of humidity year round. Even during the rainy season, it just reasons for a bit and then you get rainbows.

Colorado is pretty good but the air is dry. It does snow a bit but usually melts really quickly. In the summer, it's hot when the sun is out but cool in the shade with no humidity. It you have a basement you don't even need the air conditioning.