• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Reflection! Though there are only three party members.

Atelier comes close but they all have one or two male party members.

Nights of Azure is an action RPG that leans a bit fanservicey but some of the characters are really cool too.

Blue Reflection, really? I can't think of many that are more fan servicey.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
FF X-2 and DQIII. Although DQIII is kind of a cop-out answer since you customize your party and the only reason most people do 100% female characters is because they're more powerful than men throughout the game lol

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I was gonna say that Skies of Arcadia kind of goes that way too, outside of the rotating three "guest characters" the main party is two girls and one guy, and the girls as far as I recall are treated tastefully and dressed well enough.

Well except that awkward rape scenario.

except the what now

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
With the important caveat that it's perhaps stretching the definition of "RPG", since it's a pure dungeon crawl derived from a card game:

One-deck Dungeon:

6O8uJGI.png
Okay just saying if Devs want to put more ladies like that goddess in the back with those guns I'm more than okay with that fan service.

Also is that Paladin lady up front the lead? If so can we get more leads like her?.....please?

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Okay just saying if Devs want to put more ladies like that goddess in the back with those guns I'm more than okay with that fan service.

Also is that Paladin lady up front the lead? If so can we get more leads like her?.....please?

They're selectable classes, but by all means you could lead with her!

For the sake of completeness, here's the extra classes in the expansion:

sSBqsz6.png

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They're selectable classes, but by all means you could lead with her!

For the sake of completeness, here's the extra classes in the expansion:

sSBqsz6.png
Hmm having muscular and Women of color getting some spotlight is what I love to see.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll give it look later.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Helen's Mysterious Castle has no fanservice (That i remind of), protagonist is a girl but there's no party since it's a solo game.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Right that's the ticket. It's about fighting classical literature/theatre villains, I think you said?

It's got a drama/theater theme (with an emphasis on Shakespearean plays & characters) mixed with a high school magical girl theme mixed with a dash of Lovecraft stuff.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
KOEI TECMO says it all, but wow xD those games are literally about everything wrong with Japanese games.
I mean, the majority of NOA1 isn't bad. I actually really like Arnice's design, aside from the game taking the great art and making her chest way bigger, but the dream parts where she's in an almost not there negligee is kind of awful. I'd actually pay a remake fee for them to do a PS5 version that made it look more like the actual artwork.

I still need to get back into 2, but I know from just some of the art and screenshots it may be worse.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Shit I can barely think of any all female RPGs. FFX-2 is the only one that comes to mind and well...yeah.

Flon

Is Here to Kill Chaos
Oct 27, 2017
The closest I can think of is Atelier Shallie, but it still has a few male (and a non human) party members, but the game mostly focuses on the two girls and their story.

Last edited:

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Full Metal Furies and Magic Knight Rayearth are the only ones I could think of

store.steampowered.com

Full Metal Furies on Steam

From the creators of Rogue Legacy comes a "true-cooperative" action RPG. FULL METAL FURIES puts an emphasis on team play with a unique combat system where everyone is important. Play on the couch, alone or with friends, or make it an online party for up to four players!

Magic_Knight_Rayearth_Coverart.png

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
Atelier Escha and Logy?

If you play as Escha you can have all-female party members for adventures. Also, I just want to remind ppl of the glory of Threia Hazelgrimm.

FWIW: Atelier games vary as other readers have mentioned from OK to wow Idk what is going on here.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
Atelier Escha and Logy?

If you play as Escha you can have all-female party members for adventures. Also, I just want to remind ppl of the glory of Threia Hazelgrimm.

FWIW: Atelier games vary as other readers have mentioned from OK to wow Idk what is going on here.

Threia is so cool oh my gosh lol. Ayesha is pretty good for this too since you could have Ayesha and Marion and Linca in your party.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
Final Fantasy X-2 didn't seem all that fanservice-y to me, although it's been a while and I didn't get to finish it...

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
Totori has a scene where a 13 year old get attacked by a tentacle monster, along with gratuitious panty shots. Ryza is bad but it doesn't have anything as awful as this.

ugh, nvm then. Nothing that gust makes anymore is salvageable. I mean Ryza is like 100% fanservice all the time with that design.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I actually read that Blue Reflection had some gym dressing rooms fanservice stuff, or did I imagine that?
I enjoyed Blue Reflection, but it has a TON of fan service. Like a lot. The game is chock full of voyeuristic dressing rooms scenes, bathing scenes, workout scenes, beach and swimming scenes, lewd camera angles, etc. Oh, and whenever it rains, you can see the girls' skin and bras through their blouses.

Like, I'm not hating on the game, but it's incredibly dishonest to say that the game doesn't have fan service lol.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
We've teased a couple things.

Hope to reveal more later this year & then release by the end of the year.

...How did I miss this? And I'm following your Twitter! LOL. (But I don't check Twitter very often, admittedly)

That second screen gives me heavy Shining Force vibes, was that intentional?

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
This is a cop out but you can easily have an all female party in Valkyrie Profile and it's sequel, and those games aren't fan-servicey.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
If there's any justice or sense in the world SMTV will let us choose the MC's gender and then you have so many wonderful demon ladies to choose from. But I'm not gonna hold my breath and relying on Atlus, even if it is team Maniax and not P-Studio, to do the right thing.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You know something's wrong with the state of things when a game that has a character in a bikini and booty shorts the whole game is getting mentioned as an unironic answer in this thread.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
For ppl recc'd playing FFX-2 can I play it w/o the first part? I just the MC design for
Final Fantasy X and intro.

I haven't really played FF other than FFXV and FFXIV then spin-offs like The Last Remnant.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For ppl recc'd playing FFX-2 can I play it w/o the first part? I just the MC design for
Final Fantasy X and intro.

I haven't really played FF other than FFXV and FFXIV then spin-offs like The Last Remnant.

It's a direct sequel and the story only really has any point in following FFX. That game's character designs are absolutely garish but I wouldn't play X-2 without X.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
I guess in my head FF13 and FF13-2 were mostly female but now looking at the wiki I am reminded it's basically 50/50. But I mostly used the female characters and I don't recall fanservice in it.. so that partially fits the bill. It's been like a decade since I played them though so maybe there is a little I just don't remember.

The party is 50/50 gender split in both games, but the women are absolutely the characters who drive the plot, provide point-of-view, and play the main protagonist roles.

In FFXIII, you can have an all woman combat party, but only once you reach that point in the midgame where the gang is all together and you can actually pick your party members freely.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
It's a direct sequel and the story only really has any point in following FFX. That game's character designs are absolutely garish but I wouldn't play X-2 without X.

Oh OK :(

I have the game I just didn't realize how awk it would be actually playing it and thinking that will be me for many hours.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The fact that people are resorting to "this game, if you bench all the male characters" or "this game with custom characters, that you can roll all female" (both against the spirit of the thread) is so very telling. :D The OP asks for a game that has an all-female party by default, the equivalent of what FFXV does; not one where you can do that if you want.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Nov 1, 2017
There's Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure for the PS1 and DS, you play as a "quirky" village bumpkin who ends up on an adventure to rescue a prince. It is a monster collecting style game though so your party is made up of the main character plus any puppets you find. Since they're puppets technically there's nothing about gender involved but a lot of them are visually presented as girls or ambiguous (ex. stuffed animals) so there is that caveat. The game has a cutesy vibe all the way through but the main antagonist (also female) ends up feeling sexualized even by the games standards.

(Also the game has bland ugly dungeons with a horrible encounter rate. It's story and tone is cute but it's not something I would recommend.)

Here's a long play:

(that's the antagonist on the right in the thumbnail)
Some random time stamps:
1:09:55 - Combat
0:14:25 - A musical number, there are a bunch of them in the game
2:09:25 - One of the first scenes featuring the antagonist, and some of the sexualization
2:33:10 - This game's definition of a dungeon

The game got two sequels that were never localized. As far as I know they don't bring in any male party members but I don't know much about them so I'm probably wrong.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
There should be more where it isn't just an option or possible, tbh. I could also only think of FFX-2 and while it's a great game it's definitely fanservicey.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
We've teased a couple things.

Hope to reveal more later this year & then release by the end of the year.

This looks sweet.

The fact that people are resorting to "this game, if you bench all the male characters" or "this game with custom characters, that you can roll all female" (both against the spirit of the thread) is so very telling. :D The OP asks for a game that has an all-female party by default, the equivalent of what FFXV does; not one where you can do that if you want.
To be fair, all-male JRPG casts aren't exactly bountiful either.

Final Fantasy XV's bromance road trip was just... a thing.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
i guess technically Miitopia counts but it's cheating since all characters are user made Miis (you can make all the Miis female) and it has no fanservice being a Mii game.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe someone mentioned Nights of Azure, a game where, from what I remember, the main character is stripped down to a torn bra and tiny panties for the level up mechanic.